Author Topic: Backstage at an Awards Show  (Read 1566 times)

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
Backstage at an Awards Show
« on: June 20, 2014, 04:59:00 AM »
Some of you here know that I'm a designer for Much and MTV in Canada. We just had our annual awards show titled the MMVA's or Much Music Video Awards. I took on a huge amount of work this year and ended up designing the logo for the show, as well as the majority of stage graphics and on screen broadcast graphics. I thought it would be fun to run around backstage with a camera whilst working my ass off. Sadly my Leica is out for service so my next best choice was clearly my Pentax 67. I ended up shooting with other cameras as well but film needs to be finished first. I've already posted up a couple of these shots earlier so my apologies there.

Backstage Lighting Testing - Portra 800

Backstage in one of the many bars set up around the building for media - Tri-X @ 400

The view from my desk as rehearsals take place, my logo on air - Tri-X @ 400

MAGIC! prepares to rehearse for their live performance. Note the gates, this area was filled with screaming fans the night of and is dead smack in the middle of queen street - Tri-X @ 400

My premium crew view of the Red Carpet portion of the show. Fans wait almost 24 hours outside just to get close to their favourite celebrities. I waited about 30 seconds. - Tri-X @ 400

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
Re: Backstage at an Awards Show
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:27:45 AM »
Really nice backstage shots. I like the logo you designed too - very cool. I can see that on a T-shirt
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »
Great Shots Tin Tin!
The backstage images have a great atmosphere.

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 01:18:01 AM »
Those look great. It is nice to see 67 used for these.

---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/