Author Topic: Share The Love 3  (Read 43402 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Share The Love 3
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2013, 01:54:29 PM »
OK, this has been inactive for a few days now. So just a reminder of what's available.

Becky has to offer a very nice transparent camera. Lo-fi par excellence as I could say.
And McDuff has to offer a very minty and sweet Canonet 28 which is a real rangefinder, has excellent ergonomics and a superb lens!

If nobody wants to grab any one of these, I'll probably reset the thread tomorrow evening (around 6pm New-York time).

If you don't grab one of these by then, you'll just have to bite your fingers!
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
Share The Love 3
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »
I will try to sweeten the pot by adding a roll of nice Fuji Neopan SS to my Canomet 28.

It is a traditional fine grain film which is usually the look I like and will work well with the Canonet. It is recently expired but is cold stored and I have shot it and it is great.

So now you have a option of a good little rangefinder AND a roll of film you may have never tried.

---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:40:52 PM by Fluminian »
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »
No problem Fluminian.
So the Canonet and a roll of film for it goes to a new home (finally!)

I'm sure you'll find very nice.

And we now have a Transparent camera from Becky and a Ricoh TF-900

The Ricoh TF-500 or TF-900 is a late 80s compact camera with autofocus and a 35 mm lens, switchable to 70 mm through a button on the top. Its electronics are quite advanced for its time, with an information-rich LCD on the top, indicating number of exposures available, if the film is a DX coded one (and, if so, what speed), and if exposure compensation has been activated. It has a continous shooting mode, a self-timer and a backlight compensation button. The viewfinder indicates focusing zone using three symbols, a trait shared with the early generations of autofocus cameras but later abandoned. The date-back version was called the TF-500D/TF-900D. A rather hefty accessory 2x teleconverter, the TC-105, was also offered.
Specifications

Wide-angle: 35 mm f/2,8; 4 elements/3 groups.
    Tele: 70 mm f/5,6; 8 elements/6 groups.
    Focusing: Autofocus with pre-focus ability, closest range 0,9 m.
    Shutter: Programmed electronic shutter, 1–1/500 s.
    Viewfinder: Albada type with bright lines, parallax correction marks and zone indication. Adjusted according to lens focal length. 0,7–0,38 x magnification, 84–87 % field of view.
    Exposure range: EV 3–17 (wide), EV 5–17 (tele). +2 exposure adjustment.
    Flash: Built-in pop-up flash, automatically activated with flash-matic exposure. Can be used as fill flash. GN 12. Reloads in 2–3 seconds.
    Film speed: DX decoding from 64 to 1600 ISO. Non-DX films set at ISO 100.
    Film advance: Easy loading, motor advance and rewind. Last bit of leader left out.
    Power: 1 x DL223A/BR-P2DP 6 V lithium battery.
    Dimensions and weight: 137 x 73 x 50 mm, 320 g (without battery).
Francois

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »

If no one else is interested in the Ricoh I'd adopt it. In its place I'll offer a Kodak Starflex (http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kodak_Brownie_Starflex), 127 camera along with some indifferently stored (at least before I got it) very expired 127 colour film. I'm not sure how much 127 I have but whatever I find I'll include in the deal. I may also have a manual for the camera if I can find it.

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2013, 05:13:44 PM »

If no one else is interested in the Ricoh I'd adopt it. In its place I'll offer a Kodak Starflex (http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kodak_Brownie_Starflex), 127 camera along with some indifferently stored (at least before I got it) very expired 127 colour film. I'm not sure how much 127 I have but whatever I find I'll include in the deal. I may also have a manual for the camera if I can find it.

All right, Hungry One, let me know your address so I can send the little bugger ASAP.  :)

Yglotte

• A 15 year old film "photographer"
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
I just received Chalky's pack, thanks !

BTW, Chalky, I sent your pack on Thursday, just Forgot to tell you :/

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
OT: Just wanted to apologize to you guys who'd been waiting for me to chime in - I really wasn't in the mood for anything filmwastery, there were some difficult moments, let's just mention some unexpected "C" diagnosis in the family and an operation and so on... Trying to get back on track now.. I see that I missed some sweet cameras, especially those two canonets... Hopefully something nice will appear yet so that I may take part in the sharing as well...
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2013, 06:50:08 PM »
In my country we have a saying "Tko prije djevojci, njegova djevojka."
Rough translation: "He, who comes the first will get the girl."

;D

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »
OT: Just wanted to apologize to you guys who'd been waiting for me to chime in - I really wasn't in the mood for anything filmwastery, there were some difficult moments, let's just mention some unexpected "C" diagnosis in the family and an operation and so on...
Shoot, that really sucks. I hope they're OK now...
Francois

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2013, 04:33:48 AM »
Looking at the Starflex tonight it appears the shutter doesn't close correctly, so I'm going to retract that offer (unless somebody wants it regardless). I'll look through the collection and see if I can find something appropriate. 

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »
OT: Just wanted to apologize to you guys who'd been waiting for me to chime in - I really wasn't in the mood for anything filmwastery, there were some difficult moments, let's just mention some unexpected "C" diagnosis in the family and an operation and so on...

Indeed, I understand the situation completely as I'm now going through something similar (my mother was hit by a bus).
I hope the surgery was successful, Andrej.

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2013, 04:43:38 PM »

Indeed, I understand the situation completely as I'm now going through something similar (my mother was hit by a bus).
I hope the surgery was successful, Andrej.

Thank you guys... Still waiting for the results, but the docs are not optimistic...  :(
Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »
Following on my previous listing, I thought I'd explore another undead format for this Share the Love: 110 film!

Includes:

5 expired 110 colour film cartridges. Range from expired in 2000 to 1978. Indifferently stored before I got them.

The first camera in this lot, the Gaf 220 -

Boring camera? Maybe but to understand 110 what better place then to use an old viewfinder camera. No bells & whistle, pure 110 simplicity. Awesome fuzzy, tiny frames.

Second camera, the Kodak Trimlite Instamatic 28 -

Here we're moving on up the 110 ladder. Lens is a 25mm f9.5, fixed-focus lens. Exposure is automatic with the CDS cell which automatically sets the electronic shutter with speeds of 1/30 to 1/160. Flash speeds of 1/30 to 1/160. Has a Tripod socket. Included will be a display box, mostly unused flash bar, manual & papers, 1 spent and broken K battery which you could rebuild (https://web.archive.org/web/20060813112707/http://mywebpages.comcast.net/youngds/110Cameras/Kfactour/TheKFactour.htm) or you could use a replacement like this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcdurl/6859934133/#in/set-72157629278980033/).

And finally, the Instamatic 60

The Cadillac of the Kodak 110 cameras! Pure rangefinder goodness and remarkably sharp for a 110 camera. Lens is 26mm f2.7 to f17.0, has a coupled rangefinder focusing lens (3 feet to infinity). The electronic shutter has speeds of 5 seconds to 1/250 and flash speeds of 1/30 to 1/250. CDS metre provides programmed, automatic exposure control. Includes tripod and cable release sockets. Impressive for a 110 camera, eh?  Along with it I will include, that rare beast, a working K battery! And best of all... it comes with a leather pouch which clips to your belt with a sticker which reads: Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI)! Imagine, this camera might have accompanied some brawny sailor traveling the waves rescuing people from the cold North Sea! So this is a camera with history and the 110 camera that you want.

A great starter collection for anyone wanting to dip their toe in the world of 110 or for an old hand who wants to walk down that tiny frame path!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:39:41 PM by Hungry Mike »

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2013, 06:08:27 PM »
Looking at the Starflex tonight it appears the shutter doesn't close correctly, so I'm going to retract that offer (unless somebody wants it regardless). I'll look through the collection and see if I can find something appropriate.
Mike,
I just acquired a Brownie Starflash with the same problem. It is a pretty simple camera to disassemble and a tiny drop of bicycle chain oil got that shutter clicking away just perfectly!

James
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »
Thanks, Jharr! I'll try that but I think the 110 lot I just put up is an adequate replacement for the Starflex. If nobody is interested in that I'll relist the Starflex 127 film lot.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2013, 06:54:39 PM »
So for now, we have the transparent camera that is still waiting for a good home and a lot of three 110 cameras with film.

Who will want this 110 goodness? Film is still available from Impossible and it's easy to modify a paterson reel to take 110.
Francois

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2013, 07:50:42 PM »
Impossible sells 110? I didn't know that.

Lomography, of course, sells fresh 110 film in a few different flavours: B&W, slide, colour negative, and red scale. The Film Photography Project also sells 110 including the hard-to-find Fukkatsu 400.

There are also some DIY 110 film projects out there for reloading the cartridges: http://www.instructables.com/id/Disassemble-and-Reload-a-110-Film-Cartridge/ and this one http://www.instructables.com/id/Pocket-Instamatic/. Lomography also sells a film holder for 110 for scanning but you can make your own mask: http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Scanner-Mask-for-110-Film/. So lots of options for the crafty 110 user.

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »
Ya francois was just mixing up his retro companies  ;)

The lomo orca film is quite good. I have had a lot of fun scanning it.

The instamatic 60 is really an incredible little camera, btw. I have one (and will take the blame for hungry mikes 110 collection exceeding what it needed to be). In many ways it is impressive as the pentax auto 110 (I own both). The 60 is really well built, with a great lens and the rangefinder is surprisingly good for such a small package. I think it is one of the better built kodak cameras since its golden age (of retinas, etc). Given that the 60 cost almost $150 in 1972 -- which would be over $750 today (according to my iphone, haha), it is not a wonder it is solidly built.
---------------

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2013, 09:16:20 PM »
Ya francois was just mixing up his retro companies  ;)
I know... I meant Lomo... it happens even to me!
Francois

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »
I know...it happens even to me!

impossible! (PUN very much intended)  :P

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2013, 10:43:28 PM »
 :)
You say that just because you haven't seen the latest 110 integral... nice but it's a real b**** to see those tiny pictures without a magnifier!  :P
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:46:20 PM by Francois »
Francois

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2013, 11:23:49 PM »
Don't tell McDuff he'll talk me into one!

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2013, 01:11:37 AM »
So for now, we have the transparent camera that is still waiting for a good home and a lot of three 110 cameras with film.

Who will want this 110 goodness? Film is still available from Impossible and it's easy to modify a paterson reel to take 110.

This Yankee tank and reel adjusts to take 110. I have one and have developed a couple of rolls of Orca. I usually wouldn't recommend a Yankee tank as I find them poorly made, but this one works, even though it is flimsy.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/895914-REG/Yankee_rfc_15t_Clipper_II_Roll_Film.html

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2013, 09:17:12 PM »
OK, just to make sure this doesn't disappear.
We still have a fantastic transparent camera from becky and a whole bunch of 110 cameras from Hungry Mike.

Don't you know that 110 is all the rage these days?

There's a whole bunch of good stuff just waiting to be picked.
Who will be the lucky one?

I'm letting this go until Monday morning. Then, I'll just reset everything and we'll start anew... unless we have a taker.
Francois

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2013, 12:08:43 AM »
All the cool kids are doing 110 these days!

To sweeten my 110 lot, McDuff has kindly offered to throw in a fresh cartridge of Lomography 110 - your choice of redscale or B&W.

Don't let the tiny frame revolution pass you by!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »
I might have a special deal for this kit. I contacted another member and possibly will strike a deal with an exception that is still in the spirit of the thread though not the usual way we do things... Lets just wait and see...
Francois

Yglotte

• A 15 year old film "photographer"
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2013, 03:32:10 PM »
Hungry Mike, I'll will take your 110 kit !

I'm giving away my Konica Big Mini Jr., you can see photos here http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=6172

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »
Great. Email me and I'll get it out to you on Monday. Let me know what your preference is for fresh Lomography 110 that McDuff has kindly offered (choice of the B&W and the red scale).

The Konica looks nice (stickers & all)!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »
Yay! And the nice 110 kit goes to Paul!

We now have a Big Mini Jr. with some totally cool Filmwasters punchtape and an X-Large sticker on the back!
Here's the pictures

Francois

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
Share The Love 3
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2013, 05:11:55 PM »
Wow Fluminian! The fujica got here fast and it looks great. While I have a lot of experience with cameras from this period there is something about if that looks super modern, it sort of reminds me of the look of a Pen F (to compare it to quite a different camera). It's low height (due to the simplified design of the Rapid system) helps with the sleek design.

I played with loading the rapid system (with some test film) and it works fine. I have a busy next few days but I will try to shoot something for the weekend.

Anyhow thanks again! And everyone else pick one of these fine cameras and lets keep share te love moving!

---------------

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »
Now that you have the little Fujica in your hands I hope to see some pictures soon.
After all the weekend is already here.  :)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
December is here!
And with all the big Xmas spending that's coming up and all the planning it requires, I'm stopping the share the love to make place for the best of the season.

So a big thank you to all who participated!

And get ready for another round some time next year.

In the mean time, enjoy your trades :)
Francois

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2013, 02:39:16 PM »
Thanks Francois!
Maybe after Santa comes there will be a new collection of cameras ready to be be shared!
---------------

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2013, 02:47:15 PM »
We can always hope!
Francois

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2013, 04:05:13 PM »
Thank you Francois for all the camera "wrangling" and keeping this going!
It was great fun and I wish you and everyone a healthy and a happy holiday season.

Enjoy your cameras!

Becky

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2013, 11:00:09 PM »
You're all welcome. I didn't get anything this time but we never know what's going to pop up.
Francois

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »
I still have not received cameras from mcduff and Verian. I know mcduff has received my Fujica,
but I don't know if Hungry Make got the Ricoh yet.

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
As the package I sent had a roll of film in it, I hope it will arrive sometime before the it expires!  ;)

They did say it would take some embarrassingly long time
---------------

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2013, 09:11:23 PM »
As the package I sent had a roll of film in it, I hope it will arrive sometime before the it expires!  ;)

They did say it would take some embarrassingly long time

No worries, Don. I like shooting with expired films.  ;)

It's Christmas time and it's expected the shipping is taking a bit longer than normal.
I just want to know if Mike got the Ricoh.

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
Share The Love 3
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2013, 10:21:37 PM »
I sent mine about a week ago so it should be there soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2013, 09:13:37 AM »
Thanks, Verian. I usually get packages from the UK within a week or two so I probably get yours next week.

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2013, 08:41:28 PM »

Fluminian, sorry I forgot to let you know. It did arrive, however, the camera was damaged in shipping. No outward damage but the shutter refuses to fire.

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »

Fluminian, sorry I forgot to let you know. It did arrive, however, the camera was damaged in shipping. No outward damage but the shutter refuses to fire.

Damn. I can't believe it. I packed it so well. Have you used the correct battery? The camera needs a lithium 2CR5 battery.

Hungry Mike

• Peel Apart
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »
I'll have another look but I believe I had the right batteries in it. It is possible I'm doing something wrong but shutter wouldn't go and the film advance wasn't working. I was pretty disappointed as I was looking forward to trying it out. 

For what its worth, Canada Post had put the box in a plastic bag which usually means it got to them in bad shape and they were worried it wasn't going to make it to me. 

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2013, 09:08:05 PM »
This is what I got on the Ricoh TF9 (I think that's what it was)

BTW, is it just me or has Canada Post been getting worse ever since they announced that they would fire most mailmen by 2019?
I haven't seen the mailman all last week and I'm waiting for some of my xmas gifts to arrive by mail...... doesn't sound too promising.
Francois

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2013, 09:12:48 PM »
I'll have another look but I believe I had the right batteries in it. It is possible I'm doing something wrong but shutter wouldn't go and the film advance wasn't working. I was pretty disappointed as I was looking forward to trying it out. 

For what its worth, Canada Post had put the box in a plastic bag which usually means it got to them in bad shape and they were worried it wasn't going to make it to me.

The camera needs just one battery of the 2CR5 kind. I think the camera should be O.K. cause I wrapped it in bubble wrap.

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
This is what I got on the Ricoh TF9 (I think that's what it was)

BTW, is it just me or has Canada Post been getting worse ever since they announced that they would fire most mailmen by 2019?
I haven't seen the mailman all last week and I'm waiting for some of my xmas gifts to arrive by mail...... doesn't sound too promising.

Thanks, Francois. Those are probably the equivalents to 2CR5 that I used with the camera and made a lot of good pictures.

desintegration by Fluminian, on Flickr
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:57:56 PM by Fluminian »