Author Topic: New Year's photos, because why not  (Read 640 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
New Year's photos, because why not
« on: January 01, 2020, 11:31:59 PM »
Since I don't have much family, I spent the day testing a new to me camera. While the exposure was way off (I'll have to check if it's the lens of the camera), I did get a chance to take in the fresh air.

I know Miguel probably was disappointed of not seeing any snow on his trip to Montreal. Well this is what we now have...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

MiguelCampano

• Sheet Film
Re: New Year's photos, because why not
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 01:23:53 PM »
Definitely disappointed about the snow. We made it to Mount Royal but it was just cold and windy. I went to the Old Port area but it was on the 25th, so everything was closed. I assume during spring/summer/fall it's definitely nicer. Honestly, I didn't get much chance to take pictures but was able to finish a couple of rolls of Kodak Pro Image 100.

decline
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

boutique
by Miguel Campano, on Flickr

Used an 81A filter to warm things up. Nikon N90 and a 50mm 1.8

Instagram: @_shaken.not.stirred

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: New Year's photos, because why not
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 03:45:08 PM »
I must admit that Winter in Montreal is definitely not the best. And in a sense you're lucky to have seen abnormally warm weather. Usually at this time of the year it's much colder. And just walking on ste-catherine is definitely for the brave. Wind sweeps in between the skyscrapers and blows in all the way from one end to the other. And when there's snow, the guys who drive the tracked snow plows on the sidewalk are sure to get you running for your life!
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.