Author Topic: Rollei R80 carousel slide tray for P360AF projector  (Read 4631 times)

MJL

• 35mm
Rollei R80 carousel slide tray for P360AF projector
« on: December 11, 2018, 09:29:51 PM »

I still use my old Rollei P360AF slide projector due to its' better lens & light control over Kodak's.  However I can never figure out how to load slides into their vertical R80 carousel slide properly.  Kodak is easy, just drop & lock with the top ring.  The R80 has a fixed half-cover and a removable half-open carousel to hold the slides.  Does anyone here may have a R80 instruction manual or can teach me how to load it?  I search everywhere and got no info on it. 
Addicted to Kodachrome, Medium Formats, Polaroid, Russian lenses and big shinny objects.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
Re: Rollei R80 carousel slide tray for P360AF projector
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »
Does the attached help? Doesn't make much sense to me but if you have the R80 in front of you, maybe it will. Seems it's all Rollei supplied anyway.

"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

MJL

• 35mm
Re: Rollei R80 carousel slide tray for P360AF projector
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 11:55:59 PM »
Thank you, Peter!  Mystery solved finally. :)

To insert or remove slides, a pin is needed to keep the sliding metal gate in an open position.

You can image what a pain that will be in the dark.  No wonder the drop in Kodak design was much more popular.
Addicted to Kodachrome, Medium Formats, Polaroid, Russian lenses and big shinny objects.