Author Topic: Collaboration Gallery 36. "All I Want..." is now online  (Read 982 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Collaboration Gallery 36. "All I Want..." is now online
« on: December 08, 2014, 11:13:06 PM »
Hi everyone, the collaboration gallery is now online. Thanks to everyone who contributed. It's a smaller group this time, but the quality is still really high.

http://www.filmwasters.com/collaborations/v/collaboration36/

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
Re: Collaboration Gallery 36. "All I Want..." is now online
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 01:54:16 AM »
These are great! I love all the song lyric-inspired shots :D Especially Ed's, since I play that song about once a week in my wedding/event band :) Question: Do you prefer the Aretha version or the Otis version?

Oh, also love Leonore's footsteps in the sand :) And Shaun's "room somewhere" ... and ... and .. and ;)

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 03:09:42 AM »
I love these collaborations as much as I love the weekend threads. It's always so fascinating to me how many different interpretations there can be for one theme. What I find really interesting about this one is that a lot of us seem to want similar things - 5 more minutes, time to stop, time next to loved ones, a quiet place to just be - and yet the pictures are all so different.

Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:55:03 AM »
Indofunk: I love them both, but for the last 20 years I'd have said Otis, Otis, Otis...however, this year it seems that Aretha's been popping up a lot in my listening/viewing material (the Muscle Shoals film, a great Carole King documentary, various podcasts about the art of the backing singer and girl groups, various Stones-related pieces  Aretha crops up everywhere) and so her version is the one which springs to mind first, but...y'know give it a few months and I'll wanting to hear the Otis version again :) 8)

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »
Great! I wanted to hear your thoughts first before I went on my rant ... which IS ... that I play the Aretha version with my club date band ... week after week after week ... but the Otis horn line is SO much better!! I just want to play that horn line, but I'm not allowed to!! :( It's like a delicious cake is placed in front of you every Saturday night, but you are not allowed to eat it!!  :'(

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
Collaboration Gallery 36. "All I Want..." is now online
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
Some great images here guys, I'm mightily impressed. Almost makes me glad I missed the deadline, it seems perfect just as it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 04:37:31 PM »
Wish there were more! But I love what we have!