Author Topic: People of Khartoum book  (Read 644 times)

calbisu

• Self-Coat
People of Khartoum book
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:24:04 PM »
After one year and a half I finally put together my book ¨People of Khartoum¨, which is the result of one year spent in... Khartoum  ::) This is my first finalised project, the shooting (with a Rollei and a Polaroid) was plagued with encounters with Sudanese secret police, one attempted assault, and lots of laughing and confusion with Sudanese people. The most difficult part, I dare to say, was the editing (selection) of the photographs; after that I chose a classic look for the book. I ordered three books until I was satisfied with the result, some of the paper choices are quite dark (we are speaking about Blurb company) therefore I softened the contrast in some cases so pictures do not look too contrasty when printed.

Just in case you want to give it a look here is the link  ;) http://www.blurb.com/books/5300016-people-of-khartoum  and below some examples

Rolleiflex 2.8E kodak Tmax 400 by calbisu, on Flickr

Polaroid 195 fp3000b nocturna by calbisu, on Flickr

Polaroid 195 108 by calbisu, on Flickr

Rolleiflex 2.8e Kodak Tmax by calbisu, on Flickr

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
Re: People of Khartoum book
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 02:42:10 PM »
Wow, a year in Sudan. Were you there strictly to photograph, or was this incidental to some other purpose? Fascinating subject, nice shots.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Re: People of Khartoum book
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 04:48:55 PM »

Wow, a year in Sudan. Were you there strictly to photograph, or was this incidental to some other purpose? Fascinating subject, nice shots.
I was working with an international organization. Usually my street photography style is more casual, with subjects not being aware of being phtographed, but in the streets of Khartoum I was too obvious as to pass unnoticed..

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk