Author Topic: First results with my new leica  (Read 3377 times)

robclarke

First results with my new leica
« on: December 20, 2013, 07:16:13 PM »
Here are the first results from my new Leica. Leica m6 ttl. Ilford hp5 ISO 400 shot at 800.

_26_0083.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

_17_0074.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

_11_0068.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

_29_0086.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

_23_0080.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

_12_0069.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: First results with my new leica
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »
Really nice shots Rob - and WELCOME.

I particularly like "29".

I had an M6TTL myself.  Great piece of kit.

Feel free to post a couple of lines about yourself. Can't wait to see more.

Best.  Paul.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:01:42 PM »
Nice images, Rob. It looks like it was a good purchase.
Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 09:14:38 PM »
Definitely.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

robclarke

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 09:25:52 PM »

Best.  Paul.

Thank you. I notice you say had. Do you not have it any longer? I can't see myself getting rid of this. Ever.

Myself: I live in London. Mainly take pictures of my wife and daughter as I struggle to find time for photography trips. I have 1 very good digital camera (5d iii) and 5 film cameras. I much prefer using the film ones.

robclarke

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 09:26:20 PM »

Nice images, Rob. It looks like it was a good purchase.

Thanks, yes it is a keeper

FrankE

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 09:30:55 PM »
nice images
and welcome

robclarke

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 10:06:02 PM »

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 10:32:49 PM »
And I must say that your daughter looks like a very lovely young woman.
Francois

robclarke

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »

She is beautiful indeed but is my wife rather than my daughter!

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 12:43:37 AM »

Best.  Paul.

Thank you. I notice you say had. Do you not have it any longer? I can't see myself getting rid of this. Ever.

Myself: I live in London. Mainly take pictures of my wife and daughter as I struggle to find time for photography trips. I have 1 very good digital camera (5d iii) and 5 film cameras. I much prefer using the film ones.

Hi Rob.

Yes, I've had an on / off love affair with Leica. I love the build quality and lenses. However, I'm less enamoured with the load / unload method (as I am a clumsy bugger at the best of times) and the fact that you can't see the bottom right hand corner of any shots through the viewfinder. No question they are superb tools in the right hands but I've come to the conclusion that I'm an SLR shooter - whether that's 35mm or MF.  My only concession to rangefinders is a Hasselblad XPan to which I'm drawn because of the aspect ratio. I love panoramas.

I work in the City of London (despite being from Stockport originally and now living in the wilds of north Essex).

Welcome to FW. we are an eclectic bunch and a number of us like to meet up in various parts of the UK (usually south of the UK) to waste some film, have a couple of beers, chew the cud and scoff bacon sandwiches. It's a hard job but someone's got to do it. No "time served" requirement round here. If you're up for it, count yourself "in".

The mods are a sound bunch. Most of us have at least one toe in the digital pool but everything we discuss and post on here has to start life on film.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »
Very nice shots, i also use Leica's 2 M4's you also have a great surname
Like me

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

robclarke

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »
@late developer I am surprised you find it hard to load. As soon as I understood how it works it seemed very straightforward.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »

She is beautiful indeed but is my wife rather than my daughter!
In that case you are one lucky son of a gun!  :o
Francois

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 03:29:22 PM »
@late developer I am surprised you find it hard to load. As soon as I understood how it works it seemed very straightforward.

The technique is simple, I'm just blessed with five thumbs on each hand..... :o

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 10:25:26 AM »

Best.  Paul.

Hi Rob.

Yes, I've had an on / off love affair with Leica. I love the build quality and lenses. However, I'm less enamoured with the load / unload method (as I am a clumsy bugger at the best of times) and the fact that you can't see the bottom right hand corner of any shots through the viewfinder. No question they are superb tools in the right hands but I've come to the conclusion that I'm an SLR shooter - whether that's 35mm or MF.  My only concession to rangefinders is a Hasselblad XPan to which I'm drawn because of the aspect ratio. I love panoramas.

I work in the City of London (despite being from Stockport originally and now living in the wilds of north Essex).

Welcome to FW. we are an eclectic bunch and a number of us like to meet up in various parts of the UK (usually south of the UK) to waste some film, have a couple of beers, chew the cud and scoff bacon sandwiches. It's a hard job but someone's got to do it. No "time served" requirement round here. If you're up for it, count yourself "in".

The mods are a sound bunch. Most of us have at least one toe in the digital pool but everything we discuss and post on here has to start life on film.

Where in Stockport did you live ? i was born there and lived in Heaton Mersey and went to Peelmoat lower and upper school and Didsbury Rd junoir school

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 11:33:20 PM »

Best.  Paul.

Hi Rob.

Where in Stockport did you live ? i was born there and lived in Heaton Mersey and went to Peelmoat lower and upper school and Didsbury Rd junoir school

Hi Gary.  I was born March 1961 (Stepping Hill). Parents living in Heaton Norris. Spent formative years (from 18 months up to 9/10 years old) in North Wales. Moved back to Heaton Norris (briefly - All Saints School) then Reddish (North Reddish School and Reddish Vale School). Left school in 1979 and started work. Moved from Stockport to Newcastle in 1988.  Up to Perth in 1994 and down to Essex in 1999.  Small world.... Paul.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »
You were born 9 months before me, our school used to go swimming at Reddish baths and i think they are still open, i moved to St Ives Cornwall in 1975 with mum and dad then in 1985 moved to Chesterfield for the ex wife

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 12:02:28 AM »
You were born 9 months before me, our school used to go swimming at Reddish baths and i think they are still open, i moved to St Ives Cornwall in 1975 with mum and dad then in 1985 moved to Chesterfield for the ex wife

Our house was 2 streets away from those baths. Be surprised if they're still open.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 07:42:16 AM »
just looked on the web and they shut in 2005 but it is a listed building