Author Topic: I just picked up...  (Read 841515 times)

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
Re: I just picked up...
« Reply #1750 on: July 02, 2015, 07:42:49 PM »
Your Big Mini looks like a BM300 or BM302? I bought the BM201 which is probably the oldest and quite possibly the LOUDEST! Right now I'm scanning the first roll of film that I put through it, maybe I'll show some in the weekend thread.
I've got the Nikon 35TI and if the lens on yours is the same quality as the 35mm then you are in for a treat, it is un-be-liv-ab-ly sharp! The only drawback with these compacts is the shutter speed which is max 1/500 sec, so stick to low iso film. Just like you I fell for the top display, but it is a seriously good camera.

Mine is the BM-300 and is fairly loud, a common complaint of the Big Mini (and part of the reason I also went for the Stylus Epic). I hear the optics of the 35 and 28Ti are both fantastic, I can't wait to get this roll of film through it.

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
« Reply #1751 on: July 06, 2015, 06:14:40 PM »
A LINHOF! (Projector). Yes folks, it's only a projector, rather than a camera (on the wish list), but like their cameras, it's a huge chunk of gorgeous 1950's styling, silver-blue paint job and the size of a sewing machine (so I'm told). Do I have any slides to fit it? No. Does it take 6x6? Yes. But I am going to use it as an uber-cool wall washer. Rather than having a photo on the wall (I hate showing my work and have none on show in the house), I'm going to either use it clear as a wall lighter, or with some abstract out of focus colour splodges (technical art term) to wash a wall with colour. I can then change the 'artwork' everytime somebody comes for dinner. It will also warm up the sitting room and if there is a lull in conversation, we can listen to the cooling fan.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #1752 on: July 06, 2015, 06:49:20 PM »
Two boxes / 10 rolls of this

For my upcoming winter trip to Cuba

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1753 on: July 06, 2015, 08:08:14 PM »
A LINHOF! (Projector). Yes folks, it's only a projector, rather than a camera (on the wish list), but like their cameras, it's a huge chunk of gorgeous 1950's styling, silver-blue paint job and the size of a sewing machine (so I'm told). Do I have any slides to fit it? No. Does it take 6x6? Yes. But I am going to use it as an uber-cool wall washer. Rather than having a photo on the wall (I hate showing my work and have none on show in the house), I'm going to either use it clear as a wall lighter, or with some abstract out of focus colour splodges (technical art term) to wash a wall with colour. I can then change the 'artwork' everytime somebody comes for dinner. It will also warm up the sitting room and if there is a lull in conversation, we can listen to the cooling fan.

I would love to see a photo of that projector.  I have several 8mm movie projectors that were made in the 1950's, they have such a great futuristic design.  Do you have the 35mm attachment for it as well?

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #1754 on: July 08, 2015, 09:58:22 PM »
A Macbook Pro 17", late 2011. The last they made of the big beasts.

My 2009 Mini has run out of breath, which is why I have not been posting pictures in a while. A real pain scanning and post-processing when most of the time you're waiting for the "I am thinking about doing something" wheel to stop. The Mini will be cleaned and downgraded to Snow Leopard and donated to one of the kids.

The 17" beast
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:59:55 PM by Ezzie »
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #1755 on: July 08, 2015, 10:00:48 PM »
A waist level finder and a 50mm f/2.8 PE lens for my Bronica ETRSi. Wow, that camera feels so small and light without the prism and speed grip.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #1756 on: July 09, 2015, 12:16:31 PM »
A waist level finder and a 50mm f/2.8 PE lens for my Bronica ETRSi. Wow, that camera feels so small and light without the prism and speed grip.

Nice!

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #1757 on: July 09, 2015, 12:32:27 PM »
finally completed the speed graphic set up with a bargain pentac f2.9 203mm aerial lens, not in great condition glass wise but I think will be fine for polaroid film... also got lucky and was given 6 boxes of expired type 52 film - its very old but will produce an image of sorts...

look forward to testing this evening!

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #1758 on: July 09, 2015, 06:44:40 PM »
This is all Kai-san's fault. I saw that little Agat 18 and thought "Cool!". A short while later I'd found one and bought it.
Have got a fondness for strange little half-frame cameras.
I'm probably going to run a roll of the Agfaphoto Vista Plus from Poundland through it in the next week or so.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1759 on: July 09, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
Mea culpa........ ;)
I did a little mod to mine before I started using it. The whole camera is made of SHINY black plastic so I painted the little chamber between the lens and the film plane with matte black paint. The shiny plastic will bounce the light around in there and give ghost images on your film.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

johan_lindgren

« Reply #1760 on: July 10, 2015, 07:55:28 AM »
Picked up this M645 1000s kit yesterday - he actually gave me a "spare parts" body along, but I actually fixed it, so now I have two :-)

This purchase was thought out to be a light trip kind of camera, and I think it may do well. I have had my eyes on the Bronica etr-system too so we'll see if this is any good :-)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1761 on: July 10, 2015, 01:48:34 PM »
oh hello there, johan! nice seeing you here :)

I didn't notice the extra focus lever in the swedish forum. something you're planning to use? might be good for street photography ;)
/jonas

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #1762 on: July 10, 2015, 01:52:28 PM »
I did a little mod to mine before I started using it. The whole camera is made of SHINY black plastic so I painted the little chamber between the lens and the film plane with matte black paint. The shiny plastic will bounce the light around in there and give ghost images on your film.

You know, you're faster than the Travelwide guys. Just now they remembered that the inside of their camera is shiny too. ;)

johan_lindgren

« Reply #1763 on: July 11, 2015, 12:32:03 AM »

I didn't notice the extra focus lever in the swedish forum. something you're planning to use? might be good for street photography ;)

Hi Jonas, yes I thought it'd be time to post something and since I am no fan of intruductions and stuff I rather just jump in the fire ;)

Yes well a focus lever works better on my bronica system I think, here I will most likely be using the camera without it.. He also gave me two focusing screens, and I think its the no1 & no5, and right now I will be looking for the no2 instead which is matte without the micro-prisms, you wouldnt have one to trade do you? ;)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1764 on: July 11, 2015, 06:49:38 AM »

Hi Jonas, yes I thought it'd be time to post something and since I am no fan of intruductions and stuff I rather just jump in the fire ;)

Yes well a focus lever works better on my bronica system I think, here I will most likely be using the camera without it.. He also gave me two focusing screens, and I think its the no1 & no5, and right now I will be looking for the no2 instead which is matte without the micro-prisms, you wouldnt have one to trade do you? ;)

sorry, no extra screens here ;) a whole matte though? sounds nice. I liked my OM-2 more since I got something like that for it~

I've just got the basic prism, 2.8 45mm lens (if I remember correctly) and the 1.9 80mm lens.
/jonas

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1765 on: July 12, 2015, 08:54:36 PM »
Since I didn't have much time last 6 months I over compensated a bit. It all came in the form of a massive GAS-attack....  ???
Well anyways 5 packages made it to my doorstep containing:
- Olympus XA, already had the XA2 but I really wanted the version with aperture controle
- a Box of expired portra 400NC 120,  a roll of retro 400S
- 2 rolls of Fuji CN 800 & 1600ASA
- a Polaroid EE100
- A box containing: a Diana mini white, 2 holga's120N, a polaback for the holga's including special lens and o box of pola 125i, 3 holga lenses, tele, wide and fisheye, with a special view finder for the last one. close up lenses (loups), various filters, a cable release mount. This last box must have been someone's entire hobby that he/she has quited.... well it's gone to a good home  ;D

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1766 on: July 14, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
I got some fun film in the post today!
From the peeps behind http://www.emulsive.org/

Check out their website btw, the coming weeks I'll be part of it twice
/jonas

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1767 on: July 15, 2015, 06:06:35 AM »
I picked up a minty Nikon 35Ti and a 105mm f/2.5 AI-S lens for my F5.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1768 on: July 15, 2015, 02:16:02 PM »
I got some fun film in the post today!
From the peeps behind http://www.emulsive.org/

Check out their website btw, the coming weeks I'll be part of it twice

I never knew about this!
Definitely going to check it out.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
« Reply #1769 on: July 15, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »
I love the 28 & 35 Ti Nikons - the analogue top-plate dials are so funky. Yet another camera I need to add to the toy cupboard
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #1770 on: July 15, 2015, 04:46:56 PM »
Just found a Leitz Dimaron 150/2.8 projector lens for about £20 that I intend to use on my Speed Graphic.
I have seen others test it and it´s supposed to cover 4x5, which means it will give me space for a bit of movement with my Pola-back  ;D Just need to find some suitable material to make a lens board out of before I can do the first test. Wooo-haaa!
Also, inspired by the splendid read on Robert Frank posted elsewhere here in the forum, I found a first edition of Jack Kerouac´s "On the Road" from 1957 for £1.20, can´t wait to smell it  ;)

Prosopopoeia, with a camera

Ricardo Miranda

« Reply #1771 on: July 15, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »
Olympus OM40
Olympus OM-1 MD with Zuiko 65-200mm /4
Olympus OM-2SP
 :)

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1772 on: July 15, 2015, 09:30:47 PM »
Today I got a Nikonos 15mm with viewfinder, but I cannot for the life of me remove the lens cap. It won't budge and now I have a blister on my finger (even after using leather work gloves.)

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #1773 on: July 15, 2015, 09:43:16 PM »
Today I got a Nikonos 15mm with viewfinder, but I cannot for the life of me remove the lens cap. It won't budge and now I have a blister on my finger (even after using leather work gloves.)

Due to underwater streams centrifugal momentum it´s a counter clockwise cap with a 45 degree twist upwards.
(I wish I had one for mine - the 35mm will suffice until temptation wins  ;) )
Congrats on a really nice pice of glass!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1774 on: July 15, 2015, 10:41:52 PM »
And sometimes, using a rubberized mousepad (on the back) does help.
You put the pad on a solid table, rubber on top, press the lens down on it and rotate. Sometimes wiggling clockwise/counterclockwise helps get it loose.
This is how I remove stuck filters.

Thing is, the large surface increases traction and makes things easier.
Francois

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1775 on: July 15, 2015, 10:43:28 PM »
Due to underwater streams centrifugal momentum it´s a counter clockwise cap with a 45 degree twist upwards.

Thanks! And....success! I had to put it in a bench vise to get the cap off. I think the lens may have been damaged in shipping, there's a flat spot on the outside of the lens that made it difficult to get the cap off. It really transforms the camera into a monster:

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1776 on: July 15, 2015, 10:45:01 PM »
And sometimes, using a rubberized mousepad (on the back) does help.
You put the pad on a solid table, rubber on top, press the lens down on it and rotate. Sometimes wiggling clockwise/counterclockwise helps get it loose.
This is how I remove stuck filters.

Thing is, the large surface increases traction and makes things easier.

Good tip, Francois, and I definitely tried that...I use the same method for filters. See the above post, I think it got damaged in shipping. The lens appears to function smoothly and I got the lens for a good price, so I'm happy that I was able to get the cap off.

Aksel

• Sheet Film
« Reply #1777 on: July 16, 2015, 01:19:40 AM »

Thanks! And....success! I had to put it in a bench vise to get the cap off. I think the lens may have been damaged in shipping, there's a flat spot on the outside of the lens that made it difficult to get the cap off. It really transforms the camera into a monster:

That´s brutal!
Glad to hear you solved it =) Let´s hope the lens preforms as intended even with the flat spot!

rpmdrd

• rpmdrd
« Reply #1778 on: July 17, 2015, 02:32:40 AM »

monstrous! that should be a handy street camera.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #1779 on: July 17, 2015, 11:08:14 PM »
I had a 24 hour layover in Tokyo so besides shooting film I went to a camera store near my hotel.  The store is called Bic Camera, they had a pretty good selection of film.  I felt like a child in a candy store.

I brought back the following:
5 pack of Kodak Super Gold 400 (I never see this in the US)
5 Pack of Fuji Acros 100 120
3 Pack of Fuji Acros 100 35mm
One pack of Fuji FP-100C Silk

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #1780 on: July 17, 2015, 11:12:43 PM »
That cooler and a credit card would set me back a whole paycheck! It's different having it right there in front of you as opposed to just a picture online. Nice score Bryan.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #1781 on: July 18, 2015, 10:12:23 PM »
yes! I regret not buying more kodak gold when I was in japan. those 5-packs were great value :)

plurging out on some acros ain't bad either~
/jonas

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1782 on: July 19, 2015, 03:45:06 AM »
I love me some Acros!

This week I picked up a Pentax 6x7 with two lenses (a 55mm f/3.5 and a 165 f/2.8 ) and two expired rolls of Portra 400. I got a fair deal on it because the shutter was "jammed" and the camera partially disassembled (which I normally don't go for.) I got the shutter fixed (cleaned the contacts at the magnet) and am working my way through the first roll now.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:48:35 AM by thatguychad »

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1783 on: July 19, 2015, 07:43:49 AM »
That's a nice piece of kit Chad! About a year ago I was considering what 6x7 format to go for and a very nice RB67 came acros my path. Well those are just a bit too heavy when you carry it around. So this makes me think of selling the RB67 and looking for a pentax 67 aswell  8)

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1784 on: July 19, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »
Well those are just a bit too heavy when you carry it around. So this makes me think of selling the RB67 and looking for a pentax 67 aswell  8)

I can't imagine many cameras being lighter than the Pentax 6x7. I think the RB is pretty appealing, though I've never shot with one, because I like the concept of film backs. I just finished the first roll through the Pentax and will likely develop it this evening; anxious to see the results.

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1785 on: July 19, 2015, 09:16:44 PM »
Very nice fins. Also been considering a Pentax 67, but already have a super SLR in the Pentacon Six. Admittedly 6x6, but not much film acerage differentiating the two makes me think twice. More likely to go for another Fuji G/GL690 I think (sold the one I had and miss it). Though I already have a couple of 6x9 cameras, they do not perform as well as as the Pentax or Fuji due to them using the less than stellar Graflex 23 backs. The main problem with the Fujis is the lack of lens choices, and the pricing of the few options that are obtainable. Decisions, decisions.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
« Reply #1786 on: July 23, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »
A red filter for the Bald - now all I need is some sun and a few clouds. Ah to be in England in the summer time
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #1787 on: July 23, 2015, 06:50:24 PM »
A red filter for the Bald

Sounds pretty surreal - do you have a photo?  :o
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

johan_lindgren

« Reply #1788 on: July 23, 2015, 08:53:39 PM »
Bought a refigerator intended for my film, not the perfect model but it'll do the trick for a while at least.

I would really prefer a top loaded model with about the same (or a little more) amount of space, but all I find are very power consuming and make a lot of noise. This one needs barely about 100Ah/year to to the job. Of course I also bought the wrong model of two, since this one has a built in freezer box as you can see, which I don't want and I dont think it is possible to remove it.

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1789 on: July 23, 2015, 09:25:12 PM »
Certainly one of the most compact fridges I've seen, but you seem to have a capacity problem already. There's nothing against filling that freezer box with film, it just takes some time to thaw before you can use it. Just don't put any Polaroid film in the freezer!
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1790 on: July 23, 2015, 09:59:56 PM »
I keep most of my film in the freezer with no ill effect. I just thaw them out the night before using them.
Francois

johan_lindgren

« Reply #1791 on: July 23, 2015, 10:52:26 PM »
Certainly one of the most compact fridges I've seen, but you seem to have a capacity problem already.

Indeed. I will still be looking for the perfect fridge, but this will do for now.

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1792 on: July 27, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
A Fuji GA645Wi will be dropping into my mailbox in a week or two. Will post pics when I get her.
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1793 on: July 27, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »
Congrats Ezzie, I hope you will like it. I have its twin, the GA645W and I've had a lot of fun with it. And that lens is very good and really wide!
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Fluminian

• Self-Coat
  • 1000‰ film
« Reply #1794 on: July 27, 2015, 09:11:10 PM »
I've just got a Praktica BX20 and Praktica BCA with 50mm 1.8 and Vivitar 28mm 2.8.
As I have just a smartphone with crappy camera and no other digital gadgetry, there
will be no images of the cameras, but I can tell you the lot looks as new. Test film inserted,
images will follow soon.

Linux is like a wigwam. No windows, no gates, apache inside!

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
« Reply #1795 on: July 27, 2015, 09:20:48 PM »
Congrats Ezzie, I hope you will like it. I have its twin, the GA645W and I've had a lot of fun with it. And that lens is very good and really wide!
Thank you Kai. Was pondering over the choice of 60 vs 45mm, but opted for the wider version as I don't have many MF wides to choose from at present.

Now I really need to offload some stuff, anyone up for a Kowa Super 66 set?
Eirik

B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #1796 on: July 27, 2015, 09:56:23 PM »
Now I really need to offload some stuff, anyone up for a Kowa Super 66 set?
Tempting, but I think I will stick to my Pentacon Six TL for now.
Kai

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #1797 on: July 28, 2015, 07:44:50 AM »
3 rolls of the six gates Senna 640 cine film and a can of rem jet remover

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #1798 on: July 28, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »
Not quite something ive picked up, but

I can now develop again :)

Its not quite a darkroom yet as I haven't made the blackout bits, however my water bath and temp controller are set up ready to go, along with some music

Got the chems warming for the test rolls ive been shooting

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #1799 on: July 28, 2015, 04:08:05 PM »
along with some music

This is arguably the most important part ;)