Author Topic: I can't wait any longer for the weekend to start. So I'm starting it now!  (Read 14138 times)

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
WELCOME TO THE early WEEKEND.

A couple of liths from the pinhole cam.
Scratch lines are merely to stop people copying  :-\
cam; DIY 120.
Film; Acros100 / Rodinal
Paper; Forte Elegance FB / Rollei Creative dev

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
Nice :-)

Really want to try Lith, still too scared at the mo.

Terry

Love the grain in these, Andrea, especially the first one.  And on the subject of grain....

These are Rollei Retro 80S in an Exa, souped in Rodinal at 1:50

astrobeck

Lovely liths Andrea, such a nice kick-off to the weekend.

Mine from the trusty Holga with some Ektar.  San Ysidro, New Mexico
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:04:14 PM by astrobeck »

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
my favorite subject...again!

tani.P

• Spaghetti Tree
Great shots, all! Those liths have great texture.
Terry, is that the High Line here in NYC?
I'm kind of new here--are there rules to these weekend threads? Like, only photos from the past week? Or is it just post something good.

astrobeck

tani.P there are no concrete rules about posting to the weekend thread except of course that it has to be a film based photo.

It's mostly stuff that we have done recently and want to share.

We'd love to see your photos!  Just jump right in!
 :)

tani.P

• Spaghetti Tree
Oh, cool! Well then, here's a recent shot of the GWB I took on my Argus Argoflex E with Lomo 100 B&W film. I just entered the medium-format world and am loving it.

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
A great (if early) start to the weekend especially with the two wonderful Lith prints from Andrea

This pinhole was the image I used on my recent postcard swap.

Another pinhole from the wonderfully named seaside town of Seaton Carew

Pinhole and the sea always make a perfect combination

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
Early threads last longer ... and if sometimes your cameras are all full and there's nothing coming out of the tank, then an oldie might be excusable ...

Street Performer.
Pentax MV, on Ilford XP1.  1983.   8)

Lino

• flickr
Very sloow lately. But here's something for the weekend finaly:

expired kodak uc 400 / nikon f100

Terry

Tani.P:  Those are indeed the High Line.  I go up there a lot lately, it seems.  Gotta do it at night though....maybe take a roll of Delta 3200

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Lovely stuff as usual.  Adrea's liths are lovely,  I also like the colours of Diane's clothesline and the light on Paul Mitchells's second pinhole if fantastic.

More from Mexico from me.  A multiple exposure shot with a Holga on the River Usumacinta which separates Mexico from Guatemala.

Lund

Those lith prints of Andrea really makes me interested. Such good looking stuff. The pinholes from Paul is also great. Good stuff overall.

Tried some IR photo a while ago. Fun stuff

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
Lovely start to the long weekend, guys. My stand outs so far are Becky and Paul - great stuff!

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Beautiful all,

Andrea first one and Lino from the car (great color composition). Lith printing sounds like fun and looks great!

Few smiles from Khartoum  ;D

POlaroid 195 and fp3000b and 108 expired year 2000

Polaroid 195 108 by calbisu, on Flickr

Polaroid 198 108 by calbisu, on Flickr

Polaroid 195 fuji fp3000b by calbisu, on Flickr

Volker

• Peel Apart
    • www.dynamo.de
a boy in a ball....

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
I know this gets said often (but rarely a sincerely as when I say it....because I don't say it often), but this has been a great set so far. Well done everyone. A wonderful mix of styles, formats, subjects and (for me, most pleasingly) geography. I love the fact that FW has a somewhat global feel to it...although it does help that Carlos seems to move somewhere new every couple of years!!

The one stand out shot for me which no-one's mentioned so far is the girl inside the car. Love it.

Anyway, I'm still going strong with my Bronica S2A, home made lens and expired instant film combo. Well, I say 'going strong'...I mean 'just getting started'. Here are two from the last week....the "art" level rises as the film's expiry date gets further away:

Open Wide by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Mixing her Metaphors by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

calbisu

• Self-Coat

The one stand out shot for me which no-one's mentioned so far is the girl inside the car. Love it.

Master Ed, I am afraid I already mentioned the ¨girl inside the car¨ and its great color composition  :-X I am relieved to see that I am not alone among these brutes  :o

By the way my contract in Sudan ends on October 2012 so already looking for a new place, China is a possibility we are exploring  8) , although I would not mind going home for a while... we´ll see how it goes.

Supergirl looks just great to me! Great combo you have there. And its good to see that not all girls are princesses!! I am afraid little Alma is entering that stage, still not pink around  :'(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:12:28 AM by calbisu »

Terry

Ditto that, Ed: Supergirl is priceless but mostly because of her sidekick.  Does the bunny have a name?

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
yes agree with the above, so much varied good work here!

I really like charles boat, and as always calbisu portraits/pola's, always love those.

I will post one tonight if I get chance...

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
the "art" level rises as the film's expiry date gets further away

Oh, that's eminently quotable.   ;D

terryj42

• 35mm
Awesome photos, everyone.  Makes me want to try even harder.

Last week, for my first "weekend" upload, I had chosen my new Gakkenflex clone and some interestingly OOF images.  This week, I shot mostly with an old Sigma SA7N SLR, so the images are definitely sharper, but somehow not as interesting.  Next week?  Who knows -- lots of cameras and not enough time.  Sigh.

All photos shot on Kentmere 400 and processed in Ilfosol 3.

Francois

• Self-Coat
When I look at all your nice work, it makes me feel like such a lazy bum... I still got a test roll to finish in the most damaged camera I have (When I bought it, it didn't work)... I just hope it won't be a dud.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

johann

• flickr
Great images people !
Here's my meager contribution. It's a print of a photo I took last summer in France.

untitled by johann watzke, on Flickr

Lino

• flickr
So far I really like the super girl w/ bunny sidekick picture! and volker's boy in a ball.

And calbisu: I always wonder where your pictures will be coming from

Alan

• Self-Coat
cool cool cool W/E thread .............................. again !

well done all!

love Lund's infrared! I have some efke loaded in the Mamiya 645 ready for
a sunny day ... when im not working.

Shooting some impossible stuff over the last week. Some PX680 colour shade through a One Step Plus.
Got this last year as a bundle with the bottom line fault.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
I'm joining in with a few

Rochester Bridge by irv_b, on Flickr

C P timer trial 2 by irv_b, on Flickr

pboat-2 by irv_b, on Flickr

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Johan, great comp there.

Yes, I have been moving around for few years now, and I have been lucky to be living in some interesting places, though some times was hard. Unfortunately or not my passion for photography started quite recently so I did not ¨document¨ those times, nevertheless I am happy that I am still moving around and that I am now doing so with my two girls and my cameras, though Polaroid addiction does not make it easier, polaroid film = bulky = big boxes to move around  :'(

One more shot with the perfect stealth machine, the Rolleiflex.

Rolleiflex 2.8e Kodak Tmax 400 by calbisu, on Flickr

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Terry: The bunny sidekick is called, Nibbles. Make her sound a bit sinister in this context, but there you have it  ;)

Carlos: I think the man immediately to the left of your main subject has worked out what you were up to....watch out for him next time!

Sandeha: I'll take all the props I can get  ;)

Magnus

Wow, a lot of good stuff here this week (as usual...)
Really cool lith's Andrea!
And a wonderful IR Lund  :)

Here's a fellow filmwaster,
my lovely wife, Britt  :)

Large format Speed Graphic (4x5, or 5x4 if you're British...) and a home made lens. Foma 100 film, developed in caffenol.

Britt by Klick-klick-klick, on Flickr
A bad day in the Darkroom is better than good day at work...

Magnus

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
The usual excellent, varied and beautiful series of shots posted this weekend. Difficult to pick out any faves as they all fit that category. I love Calbisu's latest, irv_b's trilogy is superb, Magnus' shot of Britt is dreamy and I really like Ed's slightly nightmarish "open wide".....

Mine are a couple taken on separate trips. "Door" is an outbuilding in a village in the Yorkshire Dales (taken with Ricoh GR1s / Tri-X). "Manger" is near the Uffington White Horse in Oxfordshire and was taken with Hassy 500c/m with expired Formapan.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

calbisu

• Self-Coat

Carlos: I think the man immediately to the left of your main subject has worked out what you were up to....watch out for him next time!

Ed, you are right, and he does not approve what I am doing at all  :P; may be the Rollei is no a perfect stealth machine as I though  ::)

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
couple from me...

One of my oldest friends 3 week old son, polaroid 195 and 667

Candles on my table at home, one of the few shots I took with the Bronica S2 and pola back before I sold it to Ed so he could take these great pics of his children, nice to see it getting proper use  :)

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Candles on my table at home, one of the few shots I took with the Bronica S2 and pola back before I sold it to Ed so he could take these great pics of his children, nice to see it getting proper use  :)

Hi Chalky,thanks for your nice words before. The Bronica S2 pola back seems to cover the whole pola surface, is that so? That seems pretty surprising, as even the Mamiya RB67 or Pentax 67 pola backs did not cover the whole pola surface.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:51:55 PM by calbisu »

Volker

• Peel Apart
    • www.dynamo.de
A bunch of scrap metal. My first paper negative – from today.

Linhof Super Technika V / Ilford Multigrade MG IV 13x18 / rated ISO 3 / Softbox on the left
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:46:33 AM by Volker (dynamo) »

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
nice volker :-)

calbisu - no the pola back only covers square roughly the size of a 120 neg... the rest of the negative is unexposed... the unexposed part was just removed during scanning.

keep those portraits coming!

Info Red

Some Infra Red from a recent walk around the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  I used expired Kodak HIE from 2001.  I loved this film, shot it for most of my personal work for about 10 years, but now it is extinct, except in my freezer.  Its age has caused it to be a bit soft, and the grain has become even more huge than normal, but it's still my film of choice until my remaining 40 rolls are gone.

IR

I forgot to mention that the camera was a Nikon N90s whose only function is as an infrared camera.  It has a Nikkor 20mm lens and an R72 filter...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:36:44 PM by Info Red »

Britt Aximon

• From my point of view
Once again, I am impressed by all the great photos.
Favs:

Andreas both, magnificent.
Paul Mitchell, lovely photos all of them, but top favourite is the first one.
Sandeha, I always seems to stop at your photos and ad a little extra "like" in my mind. Really nice.
Lund, just beautiful!
Voker, a pic that I very much like.
Ed, that Superman Girl is my absolute favourite. Best photo for a long time!
Info Red, loooooooooooooooooooooooove this IR photos from you.

/Britt

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
One final one from me this weekend. I just scanned a few from a test roll of 35mm Fuji NCN400. Best of them is this one, taken in a Burrito bar down a side street near Holborn. I thought the light shades looked a bit like alien space ships. (must have watched too many of the re-run X-Files series.... :o) Nikon F3HP/35mm f2.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
One final one from me this weekend. I just scanned a few from a test roll of 35mm Fuji NCN400. Best of them is this one, taken in a Burrito bar down a side street near Holborn. I thought the light shades looked a bit like alien space ships. (must have watched too many of the re-run X-Files series.... :o) Nikon F3HP/35mm f2.

An alien invasion could make a fun collaboration theme. :D

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
Many many great images here.. Especially by Andrea, Volker, Late Developer and Lund..
Sadly, I am usually a couple of weekends behind with my scanning, so you'll have to wait to see my humble steps in Van Dyke process.. Also I realized that for last batch of bromoils I used paper too large to fit my scanner. So I have to share "only" some liths from the weekend before last (though the negatives are a couple of months old) :)

Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Francois

• Self-Coat
Or Edward Munch...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
Taken over the weekend of a family get together at my park making Tiedye Tshirts..Thought for a moment I was again behind the "redwood curtain" hippy capitol of the world northern California!
Canon EOS 650,generic film.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
I'm also digging those liths.

astrobeck

that tie dye is superb!
Especially the fall off at the edge...perfect for this shot!