Author Topic: It's almost the weekend 6-8 July  (Read 13413 times)

Nick Moys

• Peel Apart
It's almost the weekend 6-8 July
« on: July 05, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »
Two for the price of one to start the weekend.

blakeney diptych by Nick Moys, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:11:16 PM by Nick Moys »

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
Re: It's almost the weekend 6-8 July
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »
NICE! Lovely landscape. I hope to get some results like that out of my land camera (assuming thats what this is)

I call this one "attitude"

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:25:21 PM »
Nick, those two images really work well together!

A couple also from my side  ;D

With monster Pentax 67

Pentax 67 Kodak Tmax 400 by calbisu, on Flickr

Nick Moys

• Peel Apart
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »
Wonderful light and another beautiful portrait Carlos. Stunning.

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:02 PM »
Great portrait Carlos! Dig the diptych presentation on that landscape too Nick.
Got a chance to test my Lomo Fisheye Baby 110 camera with the new Orca film. http://cgmoyer.blogspot.com/2012/07/lomo-fisheye-baby-110-camera-review.html

Miller

• Sheet Film
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »
And yet another street that sold its soul for a pair of skinny jeans and cheap wine aka how many paces behind should she be...?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:51:47 PM by Miller »
https://www.ishottheimage.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miller23/

I decided to enlarge the Polaroids, because, as the wolf said to Red Riding Hood, “all the better to see you with, my dear.” Mrs Helmut Newton

Volker

• Peel Apart
    • www.dynamo.de
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »
Nick, your landscape is beautiful.

Top level of a parking deck.

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »
Hasselblad 501CM - Fuji 160C in Tucumcari, NM

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 10:46:47 PM »
Wow Phil, that is gorgeous!

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
Thanks, Gary. I'm sure it is a scene that has been shot a thousand times, but, I was there and was compelled to drag myself out there and take a few shots! It is a great town for photography.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 01:25:42 AM »
One from the park over the 4th!

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
Lovely work as usual. I shall ruin that with my Retinette 1a - Polypan-f shot. :-)

Suzi Livingstone

• Sheet Film
    • Suzi Livingstone Photography
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 10:54:20 AM »
Wow all, especially love Nick, Calbisu, Gary and Andrea's shots.

Nothing from me this week but I'm taking my new Rollei B35 out for a test run this weekend..

I do have one thing to share though, I had the pleasure of looking through Frank Hurley's archives yesterday - they're not on public display. I TOUCHED his Endurance expedition photographs, read his personal notes on every photograph - he had really lovely handwriting too! And.. for polar fans among you.. I stood right next to the spar of The Endurance, the only remaining piece left of the ship after it was crushed and sunk by ice ;D I was too afraid to touch it in case it fell off the wall (imagine the SHAME!)..

Have a great weekend all!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:57:31 AM by Suzi Livingstone »

Suzi Livingstone

• Sheet Film
    • Suzi Livingstone Photography
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
One from the park over the 4th!

Lovely, did you hop in Diane?!

Lund

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 11:42:13 AM »
Cat picture. Tried some acros in Dektol 1+4 for 6 minutes. I did lose the highlights, other than that it looks great.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
A little story for the weekend....

Once upon a time a geezer called Gregor, from way across that deep and wide Atlantic ocean, had a camera. After some years he sold that camera to another foreign (i.e. Cornish ;) ) geezer called Chalky. Chalky loved the camera; and why shouldn't he, it was a Bronica S2 after all  ;) Chalky also loved taking instant photos, but because he was already blessed with a Polaroid Land Camera 195 in his collection (git!), he decided he had no use for the Polaroid back that Gregor had sold him along with the S2 and so he decided that a 3rd Filmwaster should own said Polaroid back. Thanks to Miller being alert and on the ball and sending me smoke signals, I found out about this situation and I dispatched a team of top negotiators to Cornwall (home of the true Britons and all that). The next day I finally held in my sweaty mitts the prize after which I had lusted for many months: a Pola back for my modified Bronica S2A. Yeah baby! It was bunting time at Wenn Mansions and for real this time, not like the half-hearted effort we'd put on at the Jubilee for the kids  ;D :D

That was yesterday and I actually had a chance to test it out on my own before the kids arrived back from school...and then I tested it out on them. The lens (as you may remember) is a swirling loupe-and-gaffer-tape affair and the plan is to go b/w and grainy or use 125i and do the coffee stain thing (natch), but I thought I'd try it out with something sensible and after I'd used up the 3 shots of 3000b that Chalky (Matt) had kindly left in the back for me, I switched to some 100C for some portraits of the monkeys. It would seem that the setup works nicely which means I finally have a way of teaming up my fave camera+lens+film+process combo. Did I mention I was happy about this?  :D :D I have a busy weekend ahead, but hope to try out some 125i in the next week or so.

Selfie #2 by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Amy & Friend by Ed Wenn, on Flickr

Joe Loves a Lolly by Ed Wenn, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:22:29 PM by Ed Wenn »

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
No wonder you're happy!
That Pola back is just what our Instant Ed needed :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »
another taken with my Bencini CMF on the 4th!

Chris A Fraser

• Peel Apart
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »
Awesome Ed! love that second shot.
A Dad, A Photographer, A Baker

http://helloterminalcity.blogspot.com/

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
Ed those are great :-)

Very glad you're so happy with it! and getting such great results,  Look forward to seeing some more.

If it doesn't get washed away, I'll try and take some pola's with said 195 in Cornwall this weekend.

lots of lovely shots, love Phil's car.

have fun all 

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
  • The artist also known as Mark Antony
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »
So far my faves are Calbisu’s lovely portrait, Millers street shot, the shot from Volker of the building, Phils neon light pink car and Eds lovely shot of the little girl (his daughter)?
Although as usual as a group the photos here are excellent-maybe we should do a yearbook with some of the shots from the week-end threads...
Mark  Antony
There's more to this photography thing than meets the eye.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »
Dug out two shots of a friend from my last trip to Bologna.

One of the reasons I like my fancy Pentax lenses is that they are kinda fancy as well as capable ...  :)

Terry

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 10:32:02 PM »
Love the second one Sandeha--it says "Italy"!  And Phil's colors.  There's such a lot of wonderful black and white this time out too.  Inspirational.

I was in Ottawa a couple of weeks ago and I spent a couple of hours in a used camera shop there.  I emerged with a Meyer 180 for the Exaktas and a Zero 6x9 pinhole.  So after an abortive attempt to wing it with the pinhole, I sat down and did some calculations and got some usable negs:

mickld

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 12:52:55 AM »
Apples from my own tree. Hoping it survives this 'summer'.

Mamiya 645, R09, TMAX400, 120

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »
Diane, that shot of yours reminds me about ¨Ring¨ terror movie... a ranch, with horses. Very atmospheric  8)

Two from the Polaroid 195 and film fp3000b, in daylight and almost nighttime, a very capable film which seems it is the only B&W option left  ::) holly molly...

Polaroid 195 fuji FP3000b by calbisu, on Flickr

Polaroid 195 fuji FP3000b by calbisu, on Flickr

Thom Stone

• Peel Apart
    • With The Cold
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:36 PM »
lots of lovely black and white work this week, I think I may join in and shoot a bunch of  black and white next week.

particularly love Calbisu's lovely 6x7 portrait
+ eds wicked lofi polas,

tried for ages to get a pinhole pola working but couldn't get the exposures right... will have to try again at some point.

anyway here are a couple i don't think I posted yet... just from the FPP london visit, I will most definitely be uploading some more shots soon so no worries :-)

today... portraits... of sorts

Dane et al by Thomo_Stoneo, on Flickr

dane johnson, a recent regular to the film photography podcast + the rest of the gang setting up for the group shot.

Ian and chopper by Thomo_Stoneo, on Flickr

mr trip.. Ian cook posing with a helicopter

Mike and Photony by Thomo_Stoneo, on Flickr

the infamous Mike Raso with the plain famous Photony!

the golden beard of doom by Thomo_Stoneo, on Flickr

dane with his magical beard of doom

the golden shower by Thomo_Stoneo, on Flickr

finally John Fedele posing with my Trip 35 and a fag. smokers have the most fun... fact.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 08:26:16 PM »
Weekend again, eh? Great bunch loaded so far. Nick's pair at the top of the shop are stunning. Calbisu's "mother and child" is one of the best impromptu portraits I've seen, I'm not sure what the girl in the second of Sandeha's shots is doing but it's a great photo, deserving of its own caption competition and I'm chuffed to bits for Ed and his new acquisition. His selfie is "interesting" but the ones of his kids are sublime. Lund's moggie is a dreamscape. Difficult to pick highlights when they're all so damned good....

Mine are a test of my 43mm lens and finder for my Mamiya 7 taken on my walk to work the other morning. Fuji Neopan CN400. I corrected converging verticals on two of the shots (not because I hated the shots - just to see what was possible) and put the shots through Lightroom 2 to add warmth and the vignette.

NB - having trouble getting my attachments to attach. Note sent to Ed to see if the system's not functioning properly.....

NB2 - Thanks Ed. Not sure what was wrong - but worked this time.....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:07:11 AM by Late Developer »
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
  • The artist also known as Mark Antony
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 10:53:44 PM »
Not my usual style or subject.

Rolleiflex T Agfa APX 100
There's more to this photography thing than meets the eye.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 11:41:40 PM »
Paul, thanks for your PM and post here regarding attaching problems. I have tried a few test posts and everything seems to be working OK for the most part. I did see a weird thing though when I used Internet Explorer 9 and tried to attach a photo to a test post. When I clicked on 'Post' the image cleared out of the 'Browse' box and I couldn't then post at all. I tried the same thing in Firefox and everything worked just fine. I then re-opened IE9 and tried again and - hey presto - all good. I added a photo to your reply to see if there was anything weird there, but it worked fine too (from IE9). Maybe try again (from a different browser if poss) and see what happens.

Another idea is to try uploading an attachment to a new post as a test...then delete the post (or ask me to). Use the Housekeeping board to do this.

Worst case send me the images and I'll upload them for you.

Anyone else getting these problems?

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 11:45:28 PM »
Hasselblad SWC/M - Fuji NCN400 and a red filter.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 01:47:21 AM »
Phil,what a gorgeous image!
Suzi,not a body of water anyone would want to swim in....has  Hugh Monster fish!i am way to timid! :)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 02:12:12 AM »
Paul, thanks for your PM and post here regarding attaching problems. I have tried a few test posts and everything seems to be working OK for the most part. I did see a weird thing though when I used Internet Explorer 9 and tried to attach a photo to a test post. When I clicked on 'Post' the image cleared out of the 'Browse' box and I couldn't then post at all. I tried the same thing in Firefox and everything worked just fine. I then re-opened IE9 and tried again and - hey presto - all good. I added a photo to your reply to see if there was anything weird there, but it worked fine too (from IE9). Maybe try again (from a different browser if poss) and see what happens.

Another idea is to try uploading an attachment to a new post as a test...then delete the post (or ask me to). Use the Housekeeping board to do this.

Worst case send me the images and I'll upload them for you.

Anyone else getting these problems?

Hi Ed. Just given it another go and it's worked fine this time. Same process, same photos. No harm done. Thanks again. Paul.

terryj42

• 35mm
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 03:31:31 AM »
Very long-time lurker here.  I've always admired the photos you folks present and am entirely too envious of your efforts.  However, I just got a new toy, a Gakkenflex clone, that's been so much fun I just had to share. 

Here's the camera for those who might be interested:  http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Lomography-Detailed-Instructions-Exposure/dp/B005ODJ6DK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1341713829&sr=8-10&keywords=fotodiox+camera

Seems like a good price, esp. if you are an Amazon Prime member.

The two photos I'm submitting were from a walk I took last Wednesday in the Texas heat.  I think the high that day was "only" 97 F, though, a regular cool spell for July.   :)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »
Very long-time lurker here.  I've always admired the photos you folks present and am entirely too envious of your efforts.  However, I just got a new toy, a Gakkenflex clone, that's been so much fun I just had to share. 

Here's the camera for those who might be interested:  http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Lomography-Detailed-Instructions-Exposure/dp/B005ODJ6DK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1341713829&sr=8-10&keywords=fotodiox+camera

Seems like a good price, esp. if you are an Amazon Prime member.

The two photos I'm submitting were from a walk I took last Wednesday in the Texas heat.  I think the high that day was "only" 97 F, though, a regular cool spell for July.   :)

Welcome Terryj42. I'm sure you'll have a great time here. You've posted a couple of beauties but I especially like the second one. I'll have to check out the camera you mentioned as I don't have anything like it and the effect it's producing is really nice.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »
What a treat for the eyes this thread is. It is hard to pick any favourites but Nicks dyptrich, Phil's shot of the car and Ed's two kids stand out for me.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:51:53 PM by irv_b »

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 04:19:03 PM »
A little story for the weekend....

Once upon a time a geezer called Gregor, from way across that deep and wide Atlantic ocean, had a camera. After some years he sold that camera to another foreign (i.e. Cornish ;) ) geezer called Chalky. Chalky loved the camera; and why shouldn't he, it was a Bronica S2 after all  ;) Chalky also loved taking instant photos, but because he was already blessed with a Polaroid Land Camera 195 in his collection (git!), he decided he had no use for the Polaroid back that Gregor had sold him along with the S2 and so he decided that a 3rd Filmwaster should own said Polaroid back. Thanks to Miller being alert and on the ball and sending me smoke signals, I found out about this situation and I dispatched a team of top negotiators to Cornwall (home of the true Britons and all that). The next day I finally held in my sweaty mitts the prize after which I had lusted for many months: a Pola back for my modified Bronica S2A. Yeah baby! It was bunting time at Wenn Mansions and for real this time, not like the half-hearted effort we'd put on at the Jubilee for the kids  ;D :D

That was yesterday and I actually had a chance to test it out on my own before the kids arrived back from school...and then I tested it out on them. The lens (as you may remember) is a swirling loupe-and-gaffer-tape affair and the plan is to go b/w and grainy or use 125i and do the coffee stain thing (natch), but I thought I'd try it out with something sensible and after I'd used up the 3 shots of 3000b that Chalky (Matt) had kindly left in the back for me, I switched to some 100C for some portraits of the monkeys. It would seem that the setup works nicely which means I finally have a way of teaming up my fave camera+lens+film+process combo. Did I mention I was happy about this?  :D :D I have a busy weekend ahead, but hope to try out some 125i in the next week or so.

An old geezer you say?  Hah !  Glad you got the Polaroid back - it took me months to track one down. That one made its way to Seattle via Italy...  I shot more Polaroid through all my MF SLR cameras combined than roll film !
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:21:47 PM by gregor »

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »
just a quickie to drop off a contact sheet here, to show what I'm up to. (shot yesterday and developed today)

got a roll of kodak profoto that I put through the bronica. interesting film!
got a few keepers. anything someone want to see larger? I'll do the mossy basket hoop atleast

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonasfx/7528866714/#in/photostream/
/jonas

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »
A couple Polaroids from a road trip this last week...
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters