Author Topic: So, you've decided to make your own large format film holders?  (Read 1878 times)

original_ann

• Self-Coat
This link with specifications might be of help, although to be honest, it's all gobbledy good to me! :)

http://home.earthlink.net/~eahoo/page8/filmhold.html

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: So, you've decided to make your own large format film holders?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
Well... This is the type of thing I feel is good for the ultra large formats. But for me, I always thought that making them myself was a bit too risky. I don't want to waste paper or film for nothing.

Since this was pulled directly from the ANSI book, just imagine the people who have to go through it day in day out. I'm pretty sure it must become second nature after not too long but the first look definitely has you scratching your head. But having the real thing next to you when you look at the graphic really helps :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »
That's really useful if you're making a camera as well. I was struggling to measure the depth to the film surface when I wanted to make a ground glass back and didn't know what that distance was. I've taken a copy for future reference.

Thanks Ann.
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

DS

• Peel Apart
  • I don't look like my avatar
    • Waffle blag
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »
Thanks Ann!- had this link in my bookmarks ages ago and somehow lost it when i got a new computer.

If you're interested in making filmholders this book is pretty good:
http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Primitive_Photography.html?id=k2gMwudsE3IC&redir_esc=y