Author Topic: Fuji FP100b discontinued  (Read 5046 times)

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Fuji FP100b discontinued
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:57:07 AM »
I have been trying to find a similar topic but I have not been able to do so.

I know its not new info for many (or for all of you) but has been for me. I reckon I heard something last year but I sincerely believed it was just a rumor.. it was not. April last year Fuji discontinued fp100b. Since then prices on ebay are almost double of its original price and I have not been able to find out any other place which is selling it.

I thought FP100b was to stay for ever so its defunction really hit me, realizing that land pack film will entirely disappear at one point  :'( I am overwhelmed. It´s time to stock 3000b, but I live in a country with an embargo!!! My PAYPAL has been blocked again!!!  :o How am I going to be able to do it???? Aaaaahhhhhh.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
Re: Fuji FP100b discontinued
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:13:41 PM »
Does anybody know by any change where to buy fp100b at good prices  8) ?

Randy B

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »
When I heard it was discontinued I bought a case from B&H.  Then when I saw it out of stock everywhere online the reality struck that it was really going to be gone forever so I called around some local Los Angeles Shops and found a place willing to sell me a case for $8.50 a pack.  So I have a little stock pile going in my fridge, but I would recommend checking out small non-internet retailers if you have access to any.  I imagine this stuff wasn't a huge seller in recent years, hence the discontinuation.  So smaller places might have a bunch still in stock.  

Good luck, I wouldn't venture onto ebay just yet since the prices are so inflated.  

Also http://filmphotographyproject.com/store has some for 17.99 a pack and they ship international I believe.  They also still have Polaroid 664 BW, which is similar but I find it less glossy and has a slightly different look.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:03:37 PM by Randy B »

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »
Thanks for the info Randy. Myself I have some packs of 100b left but it seems it´s now time to move to 3000b or buying high price 100b which still is quite cheaper than IP film anyway  >:( 

tkmedia

• Self-Coat
    • Camera-wiki the free camera encyclopedia
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »
people keep on saying it was a rumor... fuji is very disorganized with their announcements. I buy one last case beginning of 2011. There was still a bunch from multiple online retailer summer of 2011 for 8.7$ a pack. They were last produced in 2010. iirc the last expiration dates were the end of 2011.
tk

The non-commercial camera encyclopedia
Camera-Wiki.org / Donate / flickr / Twitter

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 09:58:23 PM »
Yeah when I first used 100B a couple years ago I had a lot of trouble getting it to expose properly, lots of blown out highlights, but now that I have a lot more experience shooting Polaroid, I've recently fallen in love with the stuff. Beautiful tones when you figure it out.

There was seller close to me that was recently selling the stuff for $10 a pack on ebay, but he must be running low because it's almost $20 a pack now. There is an online seller that has them for $13.99 a pack, you can google it and they will show up. I have about 20 packs, so that should last me a little while. But, it's just like most instant peel-apart film nowadays...increasingly rare and becoming more expensive.
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »
Hi Sean. 100b became my standard for B&W and as you said it has a fantastic tonal range. I find 3000b less forgiving, and I ended it up shooting as if it was ISO 6400. Myself have 13 packs left... not much taking into account the magnitude of the disaster.