Author Topic: It is the weekend, right? Jan 19 to whenever...  (Read 23848 times)

Terry

Re: It is the weekend, right? Jan 19 to whenever...
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 04:26:06 PM »
As ever I'm drawn to the shots of ramshackle buildings, but Magnus' misty lake shots and LD's candid portrait keep drawing me back too.

On the subject of such buildings, here's a test shot made with the latest rebuilding project (Eastman 33 5x7 view camera) and my Christmas present to self (Rodenstock 240mm) and shot to try out some Shanghai 100 film that I haven't used before.  This stuff seems to love Rodinal, and it gives off a greenish-blue water in the prewash (reverse engineered Fomapan, we ask?).  Also incredibly fine detail, which this low-res scan doesn't show.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:27:43 PM by Terry »

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »
Seattle had a large snowfall totaling 6 - 10 inches (15 - 25 cm), which happens about every 10 years.  It only takes a couple of inches to shut the city down and the entire week I was snowed in...

I had the bright idea to take the monorail out for a walk during the storm with fuji fp-100c45.  In the end not such a bright idea but I was satisfied with a few shots...

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 04:48:37 PM »
Francois!   thank you so much for posting the link to the excaliber of pinholes..I have talked to the guy in Canada who makes the ceramic cameras..afraid they are a bit out of my price range..also that first pinhole in the link is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen..I had been trying to figure out how many of my cameras I would need to sell to buy one!!

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 07:44:16 PM »
Inspiring as always - well done folks.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
Two, no, three, from today ...

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 08:07:48 PM »
another pinhole from today...patience is really the keyword when trying to shoot indoors..I love this Ilford paper but there is definitely some differences from what I had been using...

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 08:14:38 PM »
Sandeha - Your first image is especially nice.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 08:58:55 PM »
Francois!   thank you so much for posting the link to the excaliber of pinholes..I have talked to the guy in Canada who makes the ceramic cameras..afraid they are a bit out of my price range..also that first pinhole in the link is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen..I had been trying to figure out how many of my cameras I would need to sell to buy one!!
You're very welcome Diane :)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »
lovely shots as always by everyone, like the polas and the legs on the stairs.

Sean - just to say there was a US seller selling lots of 100b on the bay not long ago at very good prices, even with shipping to the UK, worth a look if you haven't already.

Did you expose it at 100iso? I've only shot one of my packs so far but was struggling to expose it nicely, although there was no definition in the sky, just totally flat grey light, so that may have been the reason.

yeah that's where i get my 100b from. lots on ebay so far. i use a filter on my 190, and shoot at 30 or 60 (depending on light) and wide open. but yeah it's a bit touchy without a filter, tends to overexpose very easily. blows out highlights a lot. though without a filter i've shot it at 250 and 11 or 16.

Thanks  - I'll try and get some filters for my 195. blown out highlights was the problem for me too.

This is an abandoned building on an old airfield in cornwall. took lots of holga and lubitel shot too, will porocess them this week at the darkroom course I am doing.

it was pretty dark though so not sure what the holga will be like

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 09:40:41 PM »
Sandeha - Your first image is especially nice.

Thanks, Damion.  It's been nearly three years since I last had a portable 4x5, and I've been missing it.

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2012, 09:48:10 PM »
another pinhole from today...patience is really the keyword when trying to shoot indoors..I love this Ilford paper but there is definitely some differences from what I had been using...

This is lovely Diane...!

You inspired me to try something indoors (since I haven't got time to shoot when there's light available...) with some of my remaining Ilford positive paper ;)
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2012, 10:19:42 PM »
absolutely fantastic thread! best weekend thread i'v seen so far, well done all.

my top pics >

Sean, the first one is like a movie still
Lawrie, eye catching turbine shot, love the angle you shot at.
Magnus, 2 very nice posts
Paul, very creative 1st post and love the abstract colour one

here are a few more on the impossible first flush stuff, just not having any luck with
it, this is the last pack so i'll be glad ti see the back of it  ::)

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 01:53:43 AM »

Those are amazing. That mother of pearl inlay around the pinhole is over the top.

One more pinhole that wasn't in the link: http://www.indianhillimageworks.com/catalog/cuboid-pinhole-camera/the-cuboid (saving my own shekels).

samantha

• 35mm
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 08:09:49 AM »

I own this very beautiful Kodak Box Camera...  still takes amazing pictures ! It's a real shame about whole Kodak situation.

Such a nostalgic and beautiful image. Polaroid gone and now Kodak. Makes me wanna cry.

samantha

• 35mm
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »
Diane - this is such a beautiful image. Makes me want to get my pinhole out and dust it off.
Magnus - I'm in love with these, especially the lith print.

This is one I shot with some IR film last summer, which I've only just got around to scanning.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »
Ooohh, so many images made me jealous : ) still no computer or scanner so it will take a while until I am able to post, but at least I am able to enjoy other filwasters photographs ; )

I reAlly liked Jeff's window with the flag, which reminds me to Robert Frank's one. Also the second one from Phil, which gave lots of personality to that car.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
Sapata & Samantha...thank you so much for your nice words...Sapata..it is because of Leon's love of Ilford that I purchased this paper...and I am thrilled with the results..I tried several options in trying to get enough light, especially in the cold frozen tundra  :) where I live..but I have big bright windows without coverings ( and lots of forest around) so I added some lamps with high wattage and I am pretty happy with the results...still experimenting!

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
Calbisu, LD, Paul, thanks a lot.  I have a few mini projects going on, and flags is one of them.  In Philadelphia there is no shortage of flags as I'm sure you can imagine, so it's enjoyable for me to see the variety and collect a few.

Great images, everyone.

Jeff

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2012, 09:43:36 PM »
One from Valencia

GR1 + Ektar

Padlock in Valencia by This-is-rice, on Flickr

vicky slater

• Self-Coat
    • vicky slater
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2012, 10:55:54 PM »
aoluain, i love those alot :)

one from the hassy fuji 160s. i did colour correct  but decided i prefer the scanner's original green cast more.

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2012, 02:07:55 AM »
A shot from this week at the base of Ship Rock in New Mexico...
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2012, 04:08:12 AM »
A shot from this week at the base of Ship Rock in New Mexico...

Fantastic!

Sapata & Samantha...thank you so much for your nice words...Sapata..it is because of Leon's love of Ilford that I purchased this paper...and I am thrilled with the results..I tried several options in trying to get enough light, especially in the cold frozen tundra  :) where I live..but I have big bright windows without coverings ( and lots of forest around) so I added some lamps with high wattage and I am pretty happy with the results...still experimenting!

I'll show you some frozen tundra. ;)

Beautiful, Diane!

chris_n

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2012, 10:30:30 AM »
damn i'm a bit late to this one... been a while guys! hope everyone's off to a great start this year.

Untitled by TUFTSMANIA, on Flickr

rb67, 90mmKL, ektar 100

astrobeck

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2012, 09:40:32 PM »
testing a larger format pinhole for solargraphs the past few weeks....

as usual, photo paper in a box out in the yard for a few weeks aimed southwest.
enjoy!

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2012, 11:24:48 PM »
Beckster...this is prolly my favorite so far!Beautiful!

astrobeck

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2012, 03:41:19 AM »
 :)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
Beckster...this is prolly my favorite so far!Beautiful!

indeed! very nice becky.
L.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
nick, paul m, LD, thanks :)

lawrie: fine shot of that turbine. I feel like I'm looking at a page from lensworks and I'd like to continue to flip through to see more and read the photographers comment~

jeff: really liking that tonality of your window shot~

diane: and another window shot! I really like the mood in this~ it almost looks like a path to a gate bordering to another world.
furniture shot: nice texture, is it from the paper? I'm guessing a pretty wide angle pinhole camera. I love how the furniture seems to swell like a balloon almost~

paul m: love the first one! I'm guessing it's a dam? looks like a bridge in the clouds anyhow~
oh, and I recognize those trees! nice pull in that shot, I feel like I'm being sucked in~

windy: your shots makes just want to take my gal, go out and get lost! wonderfull shots~

phil: that's incredibly crisp! the shot emits so much depth I feel like I could stretch out my hand and pick up that cute little house. lovely sky btw~

sapata: I need to take shots like this myself! it's a perfect camera portrait for me. I want to remember my cameras if I decide to get rid of any later on :)

sandeha lynch: haha! freaky~ I can totally envisious those flowers but I never know any names :P
I've seen some interesting slit photographing before too. it's definitely something I need to try one day.
oh, and the last shot with the pier is great I think.

astrobeck: dawn of friday the 13:th?? cool shot, lovely colours~
liking the solargraph too. looks like a rainbow kind of :)

LD: crackin' shots! and in pretty much different styles too. an interesting bunch to look at (love the fence)

euge: photos like these need to be shot :)

thom stone: love the atmosphere in your shots. specially the one with the boat. makes me long for summer~

grey_fish: love the light on and details~

andrea: is this from a thriller movie? sure feels like it. I like~

ed: and I glad to see the results from you pressing that go button! :)
about my shot: if you see the sign in the back you can see that thereäs something funky going on. it's both sharp and fuzzy. I guess the double exposure bled a bit of sky upon her hair ;)

magnus: love the lith~

damion: 3rd is awinner :D

axia: you know I love those snow shots~

jack: lovely lovely colours~ ferrania 200 is the bomb, man! too bad it's going bye bye ;_;

(running out of time here :o )

terry: cute! congrats on the rebuilding project!

gregor: grit-tastic! dunno about the idea and how smart it was but it sure sounds fun :)

chalky: do you have more like this? I'd like to see more~

aoluain: first flush colour shade? I just ordered a non first flush of the same and I'm wondering how best to use it..
diggin the last one btw. looks like the world is about to end.

samantha: IR portraits are a treat! thanks for sharing<3

vicky: yeah, lovely colours :)

chris n: SO MUCH DETAILS!! haha, this is great

PHEW! now I'm glad I got to take a good look at everyone's shots ^^

until next weekend!
/jonas

chris_n

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2012, 10:39:50 AM »
last update for this 'weekend'

finally got some rolls back i shot in yuma.  not too happy about scratched negs, but at under $2 + prints, i can't complain.

all shot with a KIEV 60 and portra400

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2012, 05:11:59 AM »

finally got some rolls back i shot in yuma.  not too happy about scratched negs, but at under $2 + prints, i can't complain.

Love that first shot, Chris. The colors are outstanding. I can't wait to get my first roll of Portra 400 developed!

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2012, 05:13:34 AM »
jack: lovely lovely colours~ ferrania 200 is the bomb, man! too bad it's going bye bye ;_;

Thanks! You know, I'm so worried I'm going to waste it, I'm tempted to give some away. Let me know if you need a goodbye roll.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »

Thanks! You know, I'm so worried I'm going to waste it, I'm tempted to give some away. Let me know if you need a goodbye roll.
thanks! I might just take you up on that offer. :)
I'll snoop around some more around here first though~
/jonas

chris_n

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2012, 07:52:12 AM »

Love that first shot, Chris. The colors are outstanding. I can't wait to get my first roll of Portra 400 developed!

portra 400 is great! my fav stuff.  i hope i don't have to start hoarding it any time soon....