Author Topic: Hello from the new guy...  (Read 2345 times)

conn75

Hello from the new guy...
« on: August 21, 2006, 09:24:07 PM »
Hi,

Been an avid follower of the Toy Camera site for a number of years now and a Diana owner for a few. Also been reading B&W Photography for about a year so I feel like I know most of you already. Anyway...I finally signed up and I'm just saying hello!

But I also wanted to ask - I have a camera that I haven't used yet called an Orion Featherweight. It essentially looks like a small Diana which takes 127 film. I can't find anything about this little piece of plastic on the internet other than the fact that someone on a photography forum called it the worst camera he'd ever used. Sounds great! :) So I wondered if anyone had heard anything about it? I'm going to try some 127 film in it but would be interested to hear if it was possible to convert it to use something else.

Cheers,

Mark

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
Re: Hello from the new guy...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 11:29:59 PM »
Welcome to the group. My McKewons guide lists the Orion as a plastic novelty camera from Hong Kong that takes 3x4 cm sized pics on 127 roll film. Worth 1-10 bucks US. Would love to see some pics from it :)

conn75

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 11:51:17 PM »
Thanks for that. Does the guide say anything else?

I'll pop up a couple of photos of the wee thing tomorrow and will hopefully get the chance to run something through it soon...

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 12:19:59 AM »
Thats all the info my guide has.

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 10:41:18 AM »
Hi

have you tried taking this over to www.onetwoseven.org.uk, probably the best  people to ask ?

good luck