Author Topic: UPDATED: Attachments Now Working...For Real :-)  (Read 2695 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
UPDATED: Attachments Now Working...For Real :-)
« on: July 25, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »
Guys, we’ve recently been given some extra hosting space for free and so are now able to include the facility for members to attach images in their posts. This is good news as I hope it'll result in me seeing more work from the regulars who post here. We talk a lot, but I don't get to see much of your output. Links to websites are all well and good, but I'm often in a rush and don't have time to follow them. Please try and avoid "The first shots from my {insert camera here}" type of photos; we all know that cameras can take photos, that's kind of the point of them...it's what you do with cameras that's of interest here at Filmwasters.

Please bear in mind however that even with the recent space increase we still have a limit on how much we can dedicate to the forum as opposed to the galleries etc. so attachments in posts are limited to a maximum of 5 photos per posts. The max file size is 200KB and JPG is the only permitted file format. One more thing, once the forum reaches its space limit old posts will be automatically deleted, so this is not a suitable place to store images for the long-term. As we've said before, there are plenty of places like Flickr if you want permanent gallery space.

OK, that's the talk out of the way, so show us what you've got. My inaugural image is of a doorbell in Balham, South London. Nothing special and not really worth the space, but it's the only recent snap I could get my hands on at short notice.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:45:25 PM by ed.wenn »

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
Re: Forum News: Attachments Now Allowed in Posts
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:03:08 PM »
Well... thanks Ed. I'm gunna go hog-wild. Get your red 'MINDLESS' stamp ready please!

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 07:10:02 PM »
color me dumb (not an official crayola color yet), but i don't see how to attach a file in all the little buttons.
heck, i can't get any of the buttons to work. They just insert code that appears in the message.

???
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:12:16 PM by moominsean »
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 09:12:27 PM »
Sean, the one thing I didn't do was log in with a test account and see if the new permissions had worked for everyone, so it's entirely likely that something's gone wrong. For the record though you should all now see a section at the bottom of the post form which looks like the picture below. Ironically it's not that obvious to start with...but anyway, if you can see this form, but hadn't noticed it then, yeah I'll colour you slightly dumb, BUT if it ain't there at all let me know and I'll try to fix it.

p.s.
You won't all see the 'Lock this topic', 'Sticky this topic' or 'Move this topic' options, but don't worry about that. It's the 'Attach' box that we're after here...

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 09:14:07 PM by ed.wenn »

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 10:30:28 PM »
I guess I won't be any shade of dumb today (at least over this). It doesn't show up for me. Fresh login, too! I'd attach a screenshot of what I see, but...

all I see are the 3 checkboxes (notify, return, don't use), then the post, preview, spellcheck buttons under the message box.
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »
OK, I'll look into it and see if I can get it sorted. Thanks for the feedback Sean.

ed.test

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 11:43:43 PM »
Sean, you're good to go now. Sorry for the delay. I'd been setting the permissions at the global level (i.e. the parent board of this forum...which er, doesn't exist) instead of at the local level (i.e. this noble forum). Sorted now though...so attach away.

Ed (from a test account with minimal permissions)

p.s.
Using this as a thinly disguised excuse to post a 'test' picture of Amy to prove that it works.

FrankB

Re: UPDATED: Attachments Now Working...For Real :-)
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 08:30:36 AM »
ROTFL! She's gorgeous!