Author Topic: cornwall......  (Read 1601 times)

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
cornwall......
« on: January 20, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
with the 600se!   I did drop off about 9 rolls of film from the 600se (with film back) and the zero image.

so far i only have a few pola's  to play with,  i must admit that a couple have been severely cropped to fix a wonky horizon, this wasnt my fualt at all although i do admit my membership to the balls up club -following the floods in 2004 the horizons is now bent.....honest guv......in my defence it was very windy, raining and me knees were on the verge of giving up.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: cornwall......
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »
2nd one works pretty well, but maybe not so good in colour. The last one has a nice feel, but perhaps only because I know where it was taken and it's therefore all the more menacing. Did you get any from there that make it more obvious what the subject matter is?

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »
I have versions of all these from various cameras....i think, so hopefully will have second in B&W.

And also did take a few of last place,   this pola was very much on the hoof after i felt a pang of guilt as i left kelly in the car whilst i wandered about!

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 04:00:26 PM »
is that bottom one Goonhilly?

I like the first two in colour as they truly represent Cornwall in January for me.  the colours are perfect to match the grey low skies and flat light.
L.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »
is that bottom one Goonhilly?

Clever dick. Go to the top of the class.

I like the first two in colour as they truly represent Cornwall in January for me.  the colours are perfect to match the grey low skies and flat light.

You're Mr Black & White, right? So stay out of conversations about colour photography. You don't do colour anymore.
 ;) ;) ;)

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 12:01:59 PM »
its not goonhilly!   i made a BIG mistake  on that front ed.

Goonhilly is on the way to lands end.   this is on the north coast.

Imagine the hilarity when i was telling a mate (who lives down that way) that I could see goonhilly from where we were staying in crackington haven,   he told me he doubts i could, but i assured him you could see it in the distance...

he just went very quiet.....

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 12:37:48 PM »
ha ha - It's on the lizard isnt it?  I thought you'd gone on a driving trip. It's worth going down that way though ... Looe Bar is stunning.
L.