Author Topic: Zero Image -more added  (Read 3021 times)

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
Zero Image -more added
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »
from eden in cornwall

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:48:27 PM by This-is-damion »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: Zero Image
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:51:59 PM »
There's a Fickle group called 'Grain is Good' you could post this there as a bit of a double joke.
 :D

Good stuff. Can't wait to see more of your Cornwall shots. If you took any of the house please let me know as we need some new shots for the website which is now horribly out of date.

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »
might well do that!

I just wish i had kept a few to develop myself rather than drop in to the lab,     heavy cost and very poor timescales.....not happy.......

i think i had a couple of the front view,   but given it was overcast all week not sure they would sell the place!!

if you had told me before i went i would have done it.

If you still need in may  let me know  and ill go fully armed with the d******.

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »
There's a Fickle group called 'Grain is Good' you could post this there as a bit of a double joke.

More on topic than some of the images posted in that group /endwhinge :)

I love Zero Image cameras. they take interesting looking picture and they're beautiful cameras but I don't have the money to spend on one :(
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:07:50 PM »
mine was a birthday present a couple of years ago,  not used in nearly enough  but have recently seen some amazing pinhole photos and its got me interested again.

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 11:43:29 AM »
It's worth having a go at making a pinhole yourself, the following similar (but maybe not so good) pic taken with my homemade pinhole made from mount-board. Not a pretty as the Zero though.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 03:58:38 PM »
great pinhole pics here.  Did youhave a go at developing them yourself Damion?  Of course, you'll be able to do some 5x4 pinholes soon too with your monorail contraption
L.

synj00

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 10:35:20 PM »
Zeros are awesome! Very rarely do the show up on evilBay though and even then they arent much cheaper. Try to make one out of foamcore! http://www.withoutlenses.com/view/how-to-build-a-4x5 Im going to try my hand at some double slit photos out of foamcore this weekend if I can. Heres one from my zero 2k I did a few months ago.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
I got my Zero as a leaving present from my previous employer 5 years ago. They even got it engraved for me. Classy.
 :)

Wildberry: that's a lovely pinhole result you got there. Not a vast amount of distortion, so it's all about the image, not just the effect.

Of course, anyone interested in pinhole work should pop over to Becky Ramatowski's pinhole site...erm, I can't find the link anywhere. Will post it here when I find it.

kuru

• camera addict
    • serpent factory
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 02:24:17 AM »
http://www.withoutlenses.com/ is a nice resource as well.
Kevin Pointer
serpent factory

Stu

• Peel Apart
    • Daily35
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 09:42:11 AM »
A zero 2k was going to be my next splash. I had just put it out of mind what with credits crunching - but now... hmmm

and it's you lot's fault showing me pictures like this!

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 09:57:30 AM »
A zero 2k was going to be my next splash. I had just put it out of mind what with credits crunching - but now... hmmm

If it will help I have one somewhere that I took of a piece of Brie ripening in the kitchen. May put you off the camera for a while.

synj00

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »

If it will help I have one somewhere that I took of a piece of Brie ripening in the kitchen. May put you off the camera for a while.

Well Ed I'll counter your brie with a shot of a gorgeous German chocolate cake to put him back on track ;-)

Stu

• Peel Apart
    • Daily35
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 09:38:42 AM »
Sod the camera, i'm going to save myself some money and just go buy a chocolate cake!