Author Topic: Analogue Capture of Domestic Face-Painting Exercise to Mollify Ms Pendel  (Read 3041 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
So, Becky P was heaping abuse on me over on Fickle for taking some digig snaps of my daughter's face-painting result from earlier in the year and not busting out a proper camera also. This weekend we tried it at home and I made sure to get some film involved whilst documenting the work known as, "Amy as a butterfly".
 :D ;D

Notes:
Land Cam 360 with Fuji FP100C film. Goop scan.
Shape in foreground is son, Joe, who popped up as I pressed the trigger. Amy is doing her fake smile, but it kind of works (for once!) given the theatrical nature of the photo.

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:43:03 AM by ed.wenn »

artpunk

• Life is absurd, but beautiful!
    • The Plastic Lens
Re: Analogue Capture of Domestic Face-Painting Exercise to Mollify Ms Pendel
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »
Oh Ed, this is a classic! Great goop, great face painting, great fake smile, great accidental head popping up!

If it helps to mollify Ms Pendel further, I shall also include an analog face painting taken a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/punkclown/2943049970/

Camera: blackbird,fly with Square (24 x 24) Mask
Film: I can't remember - asa 200 generic stuff I think...it's not printed on the neg.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:56:28 AM by artpunk »
...the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'
theplasticlens

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »
Good stuff, Cameron. I can't see the image yet 'cos Fickle is blocked from work (but FW isn't...which is nice). Looking forward to checking out your analogue face-painting capture on behalf of Ms Pendel later this evening.
 :D

In the meantime do we have any more face-painting snaps out there?

beck

• Sheet Film
  • Wet Blanket
    • rebecca pendel photography
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
I had to look up mollify. Wow, I did not realize I ripped you a new hole like that. Pardon moi. All I was saying was is ditch the digi once in a while and shoot your beloved Diana. I kill for moments like this as the opportunity never arises because I do not have children of my own. It would have made a WONDERFUL Diana photograph. So I grabbed your picture and turned it into one. So there. Get with the program and start shooting more toys. I am going to go now and play with mine. I love you, Ed. Very much...

[Sorry, image deleted during forum software upgrade. Please re-upload if so inclined.]
Retired Renegade Plastic Film Liberator Super Heroine

al

• Peel Apart
    • matchboxpinhole.com
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:29:38 PM »
Shape in foreground is son, Joe, who popped up as I pressed the trigger. Amy is doing her fake smile, but it kind of works (for once!) given the theatrical nature of the photo.

There's a definate "People of Earth - we, the Butterfly Invaders have taken over your primitive television screens.  Prepare for destruction! Muwah ha ha ha!" vibe going on here! :)

artpunk

• Life is absurd, but beautiful!
    • The Plastic Lens
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »
That's a beautiful treatment of Amy there Beck...
We all love you Ed!
...the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'
theplasticlens

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 01:49:01 PM »
There's a definate "People of Earth - we, the Butterfly Invaders have taken over your primitive television screens.  Prepare for destruction! Muwah ha ha ha!" vibe going on here! :)

Al:  ;D ;D

Becky: I live for your abuse...and never take it the wrong way. Thanks to you I've been using the Diana a lot since the start of the summer, so your job is done. The snaps on Flickr were posted 2-3 days ago, but were actually taken back in April - in other words before I dusted off the Dianas again. Thanks for the re-interpretation of Amy...it does look rather lovely. Also, for the rekkid, I did have my Pentax SLR with me on that day and got some nice snaps of the painted Ms Wenn with its distorting 28mm lens. Never got round to scanning them though.

Cameron: Back at you...now where are those Polaroids we've been talking about for a year now?  ;)