Author Topic: Instax TLR  (Read 2353 times)

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
Instax TLR
« on: October 15, 2008, 08:05:43 AM »
this looks like a cool idea. putting mini instax instant film into a tlr.  instructions from that thread:

1. Open the film outer package
2. In the dark place, gently push to black protective plastic out
3. Gently push the first film out. Remember the side towards you (the black side, or the back side of the film) is the light sensitive side for exposure.
4. Put the film into your camera film chamber, with the exposure side facing the lens.
5. Close the film chamber, now ready to shoot! The ISO speed of instax mini is 800.
6. After taking your photo, go back into dark place. Take the film out. Use a roller to squeeze the developer chemicals out and roll over the entire film area. Always squeegee away from the developer side (the thicker side toward the white stripe)
7. Now you can turn on the light wait for the image to appear!

has anyone done it before?

william

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: Instax TLR
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 01:47:30 AM »
You know that DOES sound like a cool idea. Any ideas which cameras it works best with? I have a few cheapo TLR-type cameras that I may try this out with.

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 02:12:54 AM »
yeah that does sound cool. instax minis are one the ugliest cameras out there, this sounds like fun.

i've actually tried to figure out how to get 600 in another camera, but it's too large to fit in anything... instax would be a good replacement.
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

formica

• Sheet Film
  • professional amateur
    • formica
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 03:50:22 AM »
You know that DOES sound like a cool idea. Any ideas which cameras it works best with? I have a few cheapo TLR-type cameras that I may try this out with.

i have no idea what camera it works best with. i think probably one that gives you a little more control since the instax film is 800 ASA. still i'm curious if it'd work in the diana or holga..i once made a pinhole camera for instax wide film but i never could get it to work - maybe i had the film in backwards. i haven't quite given up on that one yet though. it's just on the backburner.

william