Author Topic: Weekend - March 23rd  (Read 372 times)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Weekend - March 23rd
« on: March 23, 2024, 10:07:20 AM »
Hi everyone, I've spent the past week - between and during work meetings - scanning and Photoshop-ing my negatives and slide film from last summer's holiday in Rome and Umbria (near Assisi). It was H.O.T. and definitely the last time we're going back to Southern Europe in the summer!!

That said, it was a ton of fun to have an excuse to waste some of the film mountain and I got a handful of keepers out of it. I'll gradually post some of them here I'm sure.

This first batch were taken with a Kodak Brownie Reflex 20 (colour) which I love because the shutter release sounds gorgeous and the WLF is incredibly bright and makes me feel optimistic  ;D The mono photos were taken with my beloved UK-made Coronet 4x4 - a nifty 127 format camera from the 1960s which was marketed for women. For the darker tree shot I held a filter in front of the lens: red or orange.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 10:09:27 AM by Ed Wenn »

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
Re: Weekend - March 23rd
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 01:09:12 PM »
Nice start Ed, I love the first one!
Some rural reality from me, this time I exposed the Seagull 400 at 200 ISO and processed it in HC-110. I like this better but not enough to purchase any more of this film.

Mir / Industar 26M / Seagull 400 @200 ISO in HC-110
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 05:38:36 PM »
Ed some real gritty B&W's there, that second shot look like you are all concotting some sort of plan ;D

Last Saturday I took a trip to just outside Ipswich with some fellow photographers to shoot the rotting boats
Reality_So_Subtle 54z FP4 in Ilfotec HC. ~The first one I held a yellow filter in front for 4mins + so it is a bit hazy, 4 mins is a long time ;D

Harvey

• Peel Apart
    • Meandering Extracts
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 06:23:12 PM »
A few weeks ago, but the first frames on the film I developed recently. There's a church behind those trees, not sure if it's connected to the light show!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 08:20:20 PM »
Hi everyone, I've spent the past week - between and during work meetings - scanning and Photoshop-ing my negatives and slide film from last summer's holiday in Rome and Umbria (near Assisi).
Is that Joe in the Black T-shirt?
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 01:05:05 AM »
Harvey - a bit of divine intervention perhaps?
Ed- that photo of Joe? with his back to us could be an album cover. Very cool.

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 12:17:24 PM »
Developed three rolls and printed quite a bit over the week.

Untitled by Berang Berang, on Flickr

collection by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Untitled by Berang Berang, on Flickr

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 08:06:08 PM »
Here's my contribution...
made with the Irv-Vista shot in a Cosmic Symbol I got from Andrea about 11 years ago in a share the love swap here.

My color chems are going off as I tried to squeeze just one more roll out of it.
Old town Albuquerque.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2024, 11:55:17 PM »
I know this band Creatures, they're basically a punk rock band that pretends not to be punk rock. Guitar, drums, and baritone saxophone. The were SO punk when I saw their first show, that I determined to shoot them old school punk rock style: camera-mounted flash, black & white, push process. So here it is, Creatures on HP5 nominally rated at 1600 (because flash kinda throws off any "rating").

btw, you can listen to Creatures here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2acefTuYExUjILvdirzJGY?si=h8OlYqWTRlCT52ZXA7Zr8g

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2024, 10:41:35 AM »
I kicked this weekend thing off last week and then didn't have a chance to revisit and enjoy everyone else's work. Great stuff, team!! More live shots please, Satish! It's all about the energy  8) 8) I shot some 1600 colour at a gig two weeks ago, but only managed about 10 clicks-worth on the night and so had to get through the rest of the film without an ND filter at the smallest aperture and the fastest shutter speed. The sun was always out too - just when you don't need it!!!! - so that made it more challenging. DOH! Next time, I'll be sure to finish to roll in one go  ;D

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 06:57:56 PM »
I kicked this weekend thing off last week and then didn't have a chance to revisit and enjoy everyone else's work. Great stuff, team!! More live shots please, Satish! It's all about the energy  8) 8) I shot some 1600 colour at a gig two weeks ago, but only managed about 10 clicks-worth on the night and so had to get through the rest of the film without an ND filter at the smallest aperture and the fastest shutter speed. The sun was always out too - just when you don't need it!!!! - so that made it more challenging. DOH! Next time, I'll be sure to finish to roll in one go  ;D

That happens to me all the time 😂 But due to the magic of film + stand development or C41, I just continue to rate my film at 1600 during broad daylight, have the camera overexpose every frame (making it a totally random ISO for each shot!) and then develop and it's all fine 😁

Or just change ISO halfway through the roll. Seriously, the developer doesn't care 🤣