Author Topic: Harman Phoenix 200 Colour Film  (Read 698 times)

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
Harman Phoenix 200 Colour Film
« on: December 01, 2023, 04:15:46 PM »
Just announced, a new colour film from Harman who make Ilford film!

https://www.harmanphoto.co.uk/phoenix

Just ordered a few rolls but supplies are limited for now.

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Harman Phoenix 200 Colour Film
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 04:46:37 PM »
I've been watching this on Youtube. This film is weird. It's got a purple base and about a 4 stop dynamic range, so be prepared for some contrast.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 05:29:45 PM »
Thanks, just ordered a few rolls, along with a few other items.  I had a slight bout of GAS when I started looking at lenses on the Blue Moon camera web site. 

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 08:11:30 PM »
This is the second announcement on C41 colour film from Harman / Ilford this week. On Wednesday the Ilford Ilfocolor 400 Vintage Tones was announced, it's available on Macodirect: https://www.macodirect.de/film/farbnegativfilm/ilford-ilfocolor-400-vintage-tone-farbfilm-135-24?c=13
This film is apparently a throwback to the sixties with washed out colours; seems to be related to the films in Ilford single use cameras.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 01:43:42 PM »
It looks like Ilford is on a roll with new colour films. In the latest issue of the German magazine PhotoKlassik they have an ad for another new colour film, the Ilford Ilfocolor Cinematic Color Film 400 ISO. It's in 35mm 24 exp. rolls, C41 and looks suspiciously like the Ilfocolor 400 Vintage Tones. I found only one shop that sells it, Fotoimpex in Germany. The price is €14.85 or $16.30. Looks like we're gonna have some more choice of colour films, but prices remain high.
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 03:17:18 PM »
I guess that they felt like they could fill a void in the market.
For one, their films are cheaper than kodak's, especially portra. And with Fuji's low production (do they still make anything other than Instax?) And the controversy surrounding Cinestill, they probably managed to be at the right place at the right time.
Francois

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2023, 05:58:47 PM »
It looks like Ilford is on a roll with new colour films. In the latest issue of the German magazine PhotoKlassik they have an ad for another new colour film, the Ilford Ilfocolor Cinematic Color Film 400 ISO. It's in 35mm 24 exp. rolls, C41 and looks suspiciously like the Ilfocolor 400 Vintage Tones. I found only one shop that sells it, Fotoimpex in Germany. The price is €14.85 or $16.30. Looks like we're gonna have some more choice of colour films, but prices remain high.

I like the look of that film more than the Pheonix from the pictures I have seen online, I will have to look to see if it's available in the UK.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2023, 11:25:44 PM »
I will have to look to see if it's available in the UK.
Well, I'd be surprised if it isn't as it's manufactured in Mobberely
Francois

leanne

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 05:24:38 PM »
My gosh! I turn my back on film photography for 10 years and the next thing I know, Ilford makes colour films!! What is the world coming to? Will there be flying cars next?

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 08:45:52 PM »
What is the world coming to? Will there be flying cars next?
I think that's already been done too  ;D

But yeah, color from Ilford. I never saw this one coming either.
It was funny because I saw an interview with two of their chemists who made this possible and their lab coats were splashed with a lot of color dye that seemingly will never come off  :)
Francois