Author Topic: (preceding blue monday) weekend thread 13th -15th jan  (Read 921 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
(preceding blue monday) weekend thread 13th -15th jan
« on: January 14, 2023, 12:32:18 PM »
time to get some pics on the board for this weekend.
As work is so busy I not had time for some new shots and I have not processed the ones I  had taken before xmas here is some abstracts from earlier in the year. Holga + HP5

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
Re: (preceding blue monday) weekend thread 13th -15th jan
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 05:18:17 PM »
I've had nothing new (that I could post here) either so an oldie from me.

Walking on water
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 12:59:39 AM »
This was from just before Christmas, we were dog sitting for a friend.  I wanted to test shooting the Crown Graphic 34 handheld with a flash.  I used a Press 25B bulb and set the Ektar 127mm f/4.7 lens to 1/100.  I set the aperture based on the Guide number divided by the distance.  The film is expired GAF Versapan that I rated about ISO 12 to 25 in daylight.  I used 25 for this shot but I'm thinking it should have been closer to 12, it seemed at least a stop under exposed.  Maybe the blue bulb had something to do with the exposure on Panchromatic film.  One other thing I learned from this, DawC doesn't like flash bulbs. 

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 06:16:40 PM »
another year another year of film wasting!!!
I hope more people join in, as we seem to be shrinking in the weekend threads.
I still enjoy them!
My offering is from a very dinky 35mm plastic camera with a 28mm lens that a friend sent me before Christmas.
she found it at a 5 Below store (5$) which is an inflated Dollar store of sorts!

I used some expired Fuji 400 and easily convinced a friend to pose at the beach during the Christmas break...

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 10:32:43 PM »
I just went into deep storage, fired-up the time machine and got something from way back in 1993!
This is the Olympic Stadium at twilight.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 03:43:00 PM »
Great pictures! I really enjoy the weekend threads, even if I am not posting anything. They are always an inspiration. Somehow I have been taking less pictures lately. I feel I am one of those who dropped the ball here. On the plus side, I started making prints, so hopefully will be able to start sharing something again.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 10:15:20 PM »
Somehow I have been taking less pictures lately. I feel I am one of those who dropped the ball here.

Welcome to the club  :(
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.