Author Topic: California Coast  (Read 4330 times)

grit

• Silver and Platinum (my YouTube channel)
California Coast
« on: June 16, 2021, 03:48:53 PM »
I self-published a book! 3 years of Northern California coastal analog photography. Most photos are from either my Mamiya RZ67 or my Intrepid 4x5.

See the flipthrough video here.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
Re: California Coast
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 03:43:52 AM »
Nice job Grit, I enjoyed it!  I keep meaning to do some photo books just to get some of my stuff out of the digital realm. 

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 11:34:58 AM »
Well done for bringing that together! And for selling all your copies! I hope the sea otters are making a comeback!

grit

• Silver and Platinum (my YouTube channel)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 08:10:53 PM »
Well done for bringing that together! And for selling all your copies! I hope the sea otters are making a comeback!

Thanks! Happily, I have sold a few copies. I grew up going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium; it's nice to get a chance to support them a bit. Fun aside: my wife and I actually visited Monterey for our honeymoon, and we splurged on the behind-the-scenes sea otter tour at the Aquarium! It was an amazing experience.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 06:06:05 PM »
Ryan! Great stuff. I loved the 'flip through' - very cool. I went to the Monterrey Aquarium in 2019 with my family on a visit to Ca. We loved it, although at one point we lost our (then) 11 year old and (still) autistic son for about 30 minutes during the visit and BOY was that a heartstopper. On the positive side I shot a lot of digital footage of the excellent jellyfish tanks and then used it in a band video (https://youtu.be/-VHRXa_a8BM?si=IgvaxGZjUX9Vn5C4) - so that was a win. Also, if pushed for a favourite animal I'd be hard pushed to choose between the sea otter and the honey badger, so I envy your behind-the-scenes sea otter experience.