Author Topic: It's the weekend somewhere in filmwaster land thread for 23-25 September 2011  (Read 22840 times)

Jeff Warden

• Sheet Film
    • flickr
Re: It's the weekend somewhere in filmwaster land thread for 23-25 September 2011
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
Salvo, those portraits are wonderful.  More please.   :D

Patrick I love your set!

This one is from a local park I took my kids to last weekend.  Giant hill for rolling down.  all is well  :-)

B&H had a good deal on HP5 a few weeks ago, making it less expensive than Tri-X, so I bought a bunch.  It's not my usual film, but I like it.

Cheers,

Jeff

ZI, Sonnar1.5, HP5 in Xtol

Thom Stone

• Peel Apart
    • With The Cold
Re: It's the weekend somewhere in filmwaster land thread for 23-25 September 2011
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »
Well all I can say is WOW what an amazing weekend! I love everything so much, im nauseas with envy, Laura and Salvo in particular.

here is my measley contribution. We went to see Scott Matthews last night, not sure if any of you guys have heard of him, hes an incredible song writer and performer from the black country :-) if you like Nick Drake or Jeff Buckley then give it a go, If you like both then I DEMAND that you have a listen! anyway I was guna bring an SLR and sum Portra but then I realised I had none left so just went with my sx70 and some PX680 and an old Boots flash bar found at a car boot. We stood and chatted with scott for a while as we had already met him at a Nick Drake tribute concert a couple of years ago, btw he's into photography (well... dare I say it... Lomography... DONT HIT ME ED, Impossible and Lomo in one post...) and him and his Gilrfriend are converting his garage into a darkroom. anyway if he gets back to my email I sent him then I will force him to join this site!

Scott Matthews with Tom and Joe by Thomo_Stoneo, on Flickr

Brother Joe, Scott in the middle, my mate Tom from my band on the right

gary m

• Sheet Film
  • Listen to the picture
    • Gary Moyer
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
SHot 2 weeks ago but just scanned- Holga 135BC TLR cam

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2011, 01:37:26 AM »

Trying to upload fron the iphone... I do not know how big they will be seen

Rollei and Tmax 400 photographying people that are being photographed I guess it must beeb a subgenre by itself. I guess a lot can be said of people in that situation.

Skorj

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • the black cat
    • Filmwasters.com
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2011, 03:07:24 AM »
First role of film run through my newly acquired Agfa Isoly....can't fnd anything  not to  like about this camera!!

I'd agree with that! Nice!

here continuing the series on art and disables a few more from the past couple of days

A worthy series I would suggest too. Sympathetic in presentation. At this end, some fellow Tokioites took a walk through Higashi Mukojima. We meet a lovely shopkeeper, who told us breadbaking had been going on in her shop for over 70 years. It had even survived WW2 fire storms:

Some toy vending machines, looking like a row of robots ready to battle:

Some developments underway:

and one whole street stuck in 1972, it was great:

All this, without even describing the hire-katsu lunch! See ya! Skj.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:44:15 AM by Skorj »

Steven.

• Peel Apart
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2011, 07:12:21 AM »
nice shots everyone.

here's a couple from the Olympus Stylus w/ Portra 400.

Windy

• Sheet Film
  • aka Ian
    • my flickr
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
Wonderful weekend thread again, great pics everyone  :) 

One from the Holga 120N on Fuji Pro 400H

Goathill Road by windy_, on Flickr

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »
superb shot windy.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »
Peter, that one from the airport is just cool

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »
Paul, those Ridgeway squares I like.  Nice to see what lies ahead as well.

Love that airport.  The pano almost seems a natural angle of view, at least from how one looks through an airport window.

Ah, but a B-17 as well.  So many treats this week.

Neopan 1600 is drying as I write.

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
Minolta point & Shoot. I shot fuji. On a beach round here.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »
Among friends at a Third Floor Gallery opening, Cardiff.

Walz Envoy 35.  Neopan 1600, in DDX.

admiral.asthma

• 35mm
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2011, 09:11:58 PM »
A great bunch of nice shots this weekend. And... I must say that it's a real shame that Neopan 1600 was discontinued.

Merit (Diana Clone) - Ilford Delta 3200 @ 6400 in T-Max developer

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2011, 11:57:28 PM »
great weekend everyone! and it's not over yet :)
haha, but I'm over for today... would've written more but things are getting fuzzy hehe. here's some thoughts from going through what's up so far and further down a mock up neg sheet from my gakkenflex. that kentmere is lovely stuff~ seldom do I see such flat a film! (I mostly shoot expired) shots were taken friday on a toycamera etc walk I had with old and new friends. this was developed with caffenol and a pinch of salt. still a bit dark neg but the scanner can track down most frames now! the irregular spacing from the gakken doesn't help one bit though :D

hookstrapped: wonderfull complementary colours to the setting in your shots. really ties it all together I think~

calbisu: interesting shot. you gave us a good read with the backstory too!

soap: those shots get me tranquilated (real word, that?). the first is ace with the feel and view from the balcony!

diana: oh pears! it's got a nice blur that agfa of yours~

karl: liking the bus shot! it's a beautiful bus and shot, specially with the poles rising up behind. got any more? of the bus I mean :)

rkbry: interesting shot. it's quite dark but feels bright on the sme time

lauraburlton: you make me soo wanna try cyano, dammit! haha ;D that shot with the lightbulbs is terrific, almost looks like the whole thing is drawn

miller: nice perspective in that second shot. feels like the mill is about to get up and start walking!

miles: gritty goodness~~~ ;D

charlesbinns: I dunno what it is really, but the shot you show here works real well. something with all the space and details to look at I guess? feels a bit like coming out of the forest

grey_fish: nice composition in that second there. all straight and nicely exposed sky :)

16mman: oh, the flare! haha, the jumping shot is great

fwank: that first one is just good. wish I could be there now.

salvo: those colour shots are fab! great start with the first one, no hiding from that look ;)

paul m: oh yeah! pro work there~ the second "smile" gets me interested in where these are shot

peter r: liking the first batch of shots there! and are my spider senses right in tingling for a photo essay coming from you sometime soon? ;)

patrick ryan: wow! I think tungsten film is wonderfull outdoors at night~

thil: nice first attempts! they've got it all for me.. interesting subjects, a bit of a story, HELLA SHARP! and smooth colours~ what camera you shooting with?

gary m: cool~! could be straight out of an old war movie! you're playing at the cameras strengths in that shot I think :)

skorj: her proud smile is proof enough to back that up!

admiral.asthma: dreamy~

cheers and good night from sweden!
/jonas

thil

• 35mm PHOTO bureau
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2011, 01:40:28 AM »
cheers karl & jojonas, those were shot with a hasselblad 500C/M + 80mm. the 3rd is a street art portrait of a flamenco singer called Diego Carrasco.

Terry

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2011, 03:38:46 AM »
Love the retro kickoff and the wonderful landscapes and the candids too.  We're on a roll with these threads the past several weeks--I'm really anticipating them each time the Thursday comes around.

Here are a couple from a roll of new Portra 160 shot a few weeks ago with the Pentacon Six but only just scanned this weekend.  Not sure what I think about new Portra (I miss NC).

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »
Nice on Thom - I've been a huge fan of Scott Matthews since Passing Stranger came out. Get him on here!  yes!
L.

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »
Terry -- the new Portra 160 seems closer to Vivid than Natural to me.  I was surprised by that but since I usually like vivid, I was pleasantly surprused, except that the first shots I used it I chose it over my stock of vivid because I wanted something more natural.  But it was simple enough to decrease saturation in PS.  Maybe that's why they went in that direction, better to decrease than increase saturation in post.

Terry

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2011, 11:37:09 AM »
Terry -- the new Portra 160 seems closer to Vivid than Natural to me.  

I agree--it seems as though the reds and greens really pop and the blues are reduced.  I've got a small hoard of NC in the fridge--now I'm reluctant to shoot it at all.  But of course I have to...

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2011, 08:09:21 PM »
another first...roll of film thru  Ensign Fulview..color 400 speed processed as black and white..

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2011, 08:19:20 PM »
Nice, Diane.  That's color negative film? 

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2011, 08:55:26 PM »
hookstrapped.....yes..this is the second time I have tried it..the other time was with 35 mm...I guess I just got lucky!..one of the images had a reddish cast to parts of the legs...

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2011, 10:11:13 PM »
Odd color casts are standard to color negatives processed in C-41.
Done it too once. I used Ilford PQ Universal and a very approximate processing... and got surprisingly good results from it. Only thing is the negative is almost impossible to print in a darkroom...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Terry

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2011, 10:17:26 PM »
That shot's a lot of fun Diane!

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »
interesting shot there phil! :D
/jonas

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2011, 12:25:58 AM »

Brimming with good stuff, Phil that is rather top.

Has an hour or so in Rome the other week, took the Yashica 44 with some Efke R100 127 that I traded with a kind FW.  ;D

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »
Miles, I love the look of those photos, like from the early 50s.

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2011, 08:03:38 AM »
Thanks, I was going for a "Bicycle Theives" Look  ;)

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2011, 09:48:19 AM »
This weekends thread is certainly gathering pace, some cracking work.

admiral - fabulous image, roll on misty moisty Autumn days

jojonas - wow! amazing set of images

Phil - stoppit! you're showing off now... ;-)

miles - the first two really make me smile!

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
Definitely one of the strongest threads since I joined. My effort this week is a Sepia toned and vignetted version of some forlorn looking boats I spotted high and dry behind the cockle sheds at Old Leigh a couple of weekends back. Leica R3/50mm Summicron/Ilford HP5+

"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 02:35:38 AM »
And the weekend thread is as strong as it started!! One of the best in my opinion

Admiral, that´s delicate
Jojonas, I was going to say I like that one or the other but like them all  ;D but specially like the one from bikes, the one that is one its left the man with the cap, the street...  ;D