Author Topic: 6th - 8th Sept weekend thread  (Read 216 times)

irv_b

• Self-Coat
6th - 8th Sept weekend thread
« on: September 07, 2024, 08:26:11 AM »
I managed to time travel back to the end of the 2nd world war a little while back :), with my Mamiya C330 and some TRI-X and some FP4+.
I'll make a essay about the day out at RAF Bottisham, once I get the colour ones back from development

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: 6th - 8th Sept weekend thread
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2024, 12:18:00 PM »
My next door neighbour does the dress-up/re-enactment stuff. His period is WW2 as well. For some reason his alter ego is a US mobile infantry soldier. He's got a lot of gear including two small troop carrier vehicles - which he keeps in a lock-up in Norfolk as storage would cost too much down here in London.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2024, 12:29:31 PM »
I'm still sorting through the results of my heroic filmwasting efforts in Finland in August. I got everything processed and scanned at a lab, but haven't managed to get anything re-scanned or even re-edited in Photoshop. My daughter's Adobe subscription ran out in August and I have to wait for her new college term to start before I can get access again  ;D In the meantime, I'm just imagining what they may look like if I can get my hands on them properly.

Anyway, here are 4 images (probably split over two posts) from a hike that we did in Lapland. In Finland I was playing around with a completely different way (for me) of taking photos and I really enjoyed myself once I'd decided what I wanted to do. The main flaw in my plan was that I shot about 13 rolls in this new way before seeing any of the results! This means that mistakes that would otherwise have been nipped in the bud, were repeated across the films and my 'hit rate' was way down...but I'm more sure of where I'm going now. If I get time I'll go into more detail on a separate thread as I'd welcome some discussion and pointers, but for now here are 4 images.

All shot with slow shutter speeds with a Minolta X700 on either Kentmere 400, Fomapan 100, or Agfa APX 100 film and a dark red filter.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 12:35:55 PM by Ed Wenn »

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2024, 12:32:13 PM »
Hiking in Lapland, pt 2.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 12:34:39 PM by Ed Wenn »

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2024, 05:11:44 PM »
After being inspired by the woodland shots last weekend Quincy and I went for a nice long walk around town.  I couldn’t get a good shot of him, he wouldn’t cooperate, all he wanted to do was sniff stuff and go potty on stuff. 

Ricoh Diacord L with Fujifilm Acros II developed in beer. 

Quincy seemed kind of spooked in the woods, maybe he sensed a bear or a bobcat nearby.  When it came time to leave he couldn’t get out of there fast enough. 
Edit - Someone just posted a video of a huge Mountain Lion that showed up on heir security camera near these woods!  Maybe I should trust Quincy’s instincts more. 
Wayne Park Woods by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Kayakers on the Sammamish River by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr

Yakima Fruit Market by Bryan Chernick, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 05:33:59 PM by Bryan »

Kai-san

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2024, 05:16:20 PM »
I went for a stroll around Stavanger harbour last sunday morning, nice weather and temperature. Now it's too hot, we've had 26C for several days now.

Voigtländer Bessaflex TM / Kaleinar-5N 2.8/100 / Rollei Superpan 200 in HC-110
Kai

If you want to change your photographs, you need to change cameras.

-- Nobuyoshi Araki

http://www.kaispage.net/

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2024, 05:33:01 PM »
If I get time I'll go into more detail on a separate thread as I'd welcome some discussion and pointers, but for now here are 4 images.

All shot with slow shutter speeds with a Minolta X700 on either Kentmere 400, Fomapan 100, or Agfa APX 100 film and a dark red filter.
So far, these feel fine to me.
When using slow speed and not having a tripod, I kind of like leaning against a tree. I used to be good at adopting odd positions for stability but I somehow can't be as much of a contortionist as I used to be.
I heard a lot of good things about the famous string tripod hack... I really need to try this thing out as all I have left is some very slow old film.
Or maybe carry around a bag of dry peas (the frozen type is not very reliable and just gross after a few hours 😉)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.