Author Topic: Project Bellows available - donation plus postage if you want one  (Read 1508 times)

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
Hi folks

I hate throwing things out if they are usable, but I don't need these and do need the space.  In almost every case they didn't quite fit the standards they were designed for, so each one got remade - sometimes for my own cams, sometimes for a client.  Some have been glued and removed, but there's no damage. The oldest has probably been in the cupboard for about five years.   :o

Any of them might be good for a home build project/experiment if one of them suits the kind of size you'd want to work with.  All I'm asking is a small donation (whatever it's worth to you against whatever your comfort zone, I guess - I mean, a fiver or a roll of bw film is not going to offend me) plus the postage cost. 

First come (here) first served, naturally, so take note of the measurements.  Rear standard measurement is the film gate opening, while the front standard measurement is the dimension of the outside of the fabric.  Horizontal (with seam at bottom) followed by vertical (sides).

Approx Square, Green:
Rear: 130x120mm
Front: 125x115mm
Length: 300mm

Approx Square, Red: Gone to a new project.
Rear: 130x120mm
Front: 150x145mm
Length: 300mm

Left, Landscape: Gone to a new project.
Rear: 125x120mm
Front: 120x110mm
Length: 400mm

Right, Landscape (has front metal disk): Gone to a new project.
Rear: 130x105mm
Front: 122x112mm
Length: 350mm

Green Portrait (has front metal disk): Gone to a new project.
Rear: 140x115mm
Front: 80x80mm
Length: 200mm

Black Square:
Rear: 120x120mm
Front: 85x85mm
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 07:09:46 PM by Sandeha Lynch »

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Project Bellows available - donation plus postage if you want one
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 09:22:10 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how much do you want for either the red one or the black tapered one?

Thing is I have this Burke & James view camera that I started restoring about 5 or 6 years ago and that has been abandoned...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 07:24:12 AM »
Francois, I have no idea how many rolls of film you have in your bank fridge, but the postage to Canada is likely to be between £5 and £10 - I haven't weighed them yet.  All that matters is that you can get some use out of whichever fits.   :)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 08:44:12 AM »
ah, I'd be interested in one for sure. it'd help with building my own 4x5.

I'm a bit mushy in the head at the mo' so I can't really think straight and decide wich one though.
I think the red one? how does the length work? is that how long it you can pull it out.

maybe I should check if one of them would fit my polaroid ee100 special. I'll try to make time this evening to check things :)
/jonas

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »
Hi Jonas

The red is definitely 'pending' at the mo', but take your time. 

The length I've given is 'comfortably' pulled out, not stretched, so in each case you might get an extra few cm.  On the other hand I haven't given a 'compressed' measurement which you might want if you were planning to use a really short lens.  Most of these would give 1:1 macro with a 150mm lens.  Any idea on what lenses you might use?

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 01:01:50 PM »
I'm probably starting out with overhead lenses.
looking at a previous post http://www.filmwasters.com/forum/index.php?topic=6396.msg79881#msg79881 I think it was about 300 or 350mm for infinity on that (normal?)
the lens isn't exactly small so that's why I thought about that red one first though I guess the others should have enough room as well.

been thinking that a too short bellows could work with a rigid body to lengthen it.
already sketched up a design with that in mind since originally I had taken care of the head of an enlarger for this project, but it proved too hard to take apart.
/jonas

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 06:41:33 PM »
"Right, Landscape (has front metal disk)" is now taken, and "Approx Square, Red" and "Black Square" are pending. 

Any other takers lest they end up in a landfill?   ::)

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »
I'm interested in the following two.  I'll send a PM.

Green Portrait (has front metal disk):
Rear: 140x115mm
Front: 80x80mm
Length: 200mm

Left, Landscape:
Rear: 125x120mm
Front: 120x110mm

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records