Author Topic: Posting images  (Read 1235 times)

Moto-uno

• 35mm
Posting images
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:25:41 AM »
Help !!  Have been searching for sometime on directions about inserting images in posts . Must be missing something !  Peter

Flippy

• Sheet Film
Re: Posting images
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 04:24:26 AM »
First, you have to have your image hosted somewhere. Then you have to have the URL for your image.
Once you have the URL, you have to the use img tags. If you're completely clueless about this, you just need to click the little Mona Lisa button above the text box you're writing in when writing a new post. It'll generate the img tags, and you just need to paste the URL in between them.

[i can't use the real tag because it will mess everything up, but it will be in these brackets]yourimagesurl.jpg[/i can't use the real tag because it will mess everything up, but it will be in these brackets]

It should be formatted like above, except the actual tag will simply be "img" instead of "i can't use the real tag because it will mess everything up, but it will be in these brackets".
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 04:26:45 AM by Flippy »

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 05:45:12 AM »
You need to re-size your image to meet the requirements below.  When you are posting click on “Attachments and other options” below the text box.  Click on “choose File” and select the image you want to post.  Repeat if you want to post more.  You won’t see it in the preview but when you post it will show up.  If there is a problem with the image size it will give you an error.  For a 3:2 format image I usually make it 750 pixels wide, for square I make it 500, that should get you to 200KB for a jpg. 

Allowed file types: jpg, gif, png
Restrictions: 5 per post, maximum total size 1024KB, maximum individual size 200KB

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
Yep, you have to look for a link under the text box, the button is for images hosted elsewhere.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 03:07:28 PM »
Hi Peter,

So now you're totally confused as Flippy just described one method and Bryan another.

There are two ways of including images in posts - you can either attach them as Bryan said, or you can embed them as Flippy said. If you attach them they show up at the bottom of the post but if you embed them you can put them where you like. If you attach them, Filmwasters hosts the image. If you want to embed them, the image has to be hosted elsewhere such as on Flickr.

Note that, if the image is on Flickr or some other similar hosting site, the site will normally create the code you need. Usually you need to select the share option then select the type of code you want. To post an image here you need the BBCode. Here's an example from Flickr

And attached below is the code that was used. Note that Flickr wraps the image tags inside url tags so the image will link back to the original - which is what will happen if you click on the image above.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 03:09:24 PM by Pete_R »
"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 10:00:50 PM »
Here's the button functions, bad handwriting included.
Francois

Moto-uno

• 35mm
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 01:05:28 AM »
Thanks for all the replies , Now's the time for me to be a bit more specific . What I was hoping is that there
may be someway to attach a picture from "my pictures" on my home computer ? I've posted a few to flickr , but
none of them are relevant to the topic I wished to reply to . I was able to get the picture in the "attach" box,
 shown in Francois' post above, but nothing after that . Thanks again for all your troubles  :) .

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 03:13:32 AM »
Thanks for all the replies , Now's the time for me to be a bit more specific . What I was hoping is that there
may be someway to attach a picture from "my pictures" on my home computer ? I've posted a few to flickr , but
none of them are relevant to the topic I wished to reply to . I was able to get the picture in the "attach" box,
 shown in Francois' post above, but nothing after that . Thanks again for all your troubles  :) .

Follow my instructions above.  You won’t see it in a preview, only after you post it.  If there is a problem with the size it will let you know before posting it.

Moto-uno

• 35mm
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 03:32:45 AM »
here's hoping !

Moto-uno

• 35mm
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 03:34:54 AM »
Holy Crap !!! It worked , thanks for the follow up Bryan . I was originally going to put this in the 3D POP post  :) . Peter

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 02:37:08 PM »
You're welcome:)
Francois