Author Topic: Server Emergency ???  (Read 4200 times)

MacArron

• Wasting film...
Re: Server Emergency ???
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »
I think I am me know, but yesterday I could see others private messages (Domingo, I think became you for a while...)  :)
Cameras to enjoy (I use them all):
Contax 139Q/Contax RX/Exa 1b/Exa 1c/Kowa Six

MacArron

• Wasting film...
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2017, 08:29:11 PM »
My post did not appear, I tried to post again and now it is there  ??? And it said I am astrobeck  :-\ I'll try to get the best of all of you while under repair  :D

MacArron

• Wasting film...
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2017, 08:53:24 PM »
I logged out, deleted caches and logged in again and it does not work  >:(

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2017, 09:12:29 PM »
At least you could log back in!
I discovered that clicking to see the new links logs me out... unless it's my cache acting-up.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2017, 12:56:03 AM »
Things have gotten quite a bit worse for me ... now more often than not I am NOBODY. Not only does that send me into all sorts of existential crises, it means I can't reply to any thread. I don't know how I finally got to be able to write this post, but I've been trying for the last 1/2 hour  :-\

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2017, 02:54:31 AM »
The database is corrupt...
im me right now, but who knows how long that will be...

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2017, 06:19:25 AM »
Things have gotten quite a bit worse for me ... now more often than not I am NOBODY. Not only does that send me into all sorts of existential crises, it means I can't reply to any thread. I don't know how I finally got to be able to write this post, but I've been trying for the last 1/2 hour  :-\

Yep, as with Indofunk, aside from having multiple (and sometimes no) personalities  :o I've struggled to post things or, when I have, they haven't shown up.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2017, 11:22:44 AM »
The database is corrupt...

Hi Becky, the forum database is not corrupt. We have a caching problem that seems to be affecting a lot of other Websites around the world and is likely to do with some software called Varnish that a lot of web hosts use to help increase performance on their customers' sites. I've been away for the weekend, but am back now and will be contacting Bluehost (the company who we pay to host Filmwasters) when I get home this evening.

If you do a hard refresh on a page (that's SHIFT + F5 on a PC) then it should show you the page as it really is (i.e. including all the latest posts) and you should be yourself. I've been doing this here all morning and it works almost every time.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2017, 11:24:27 AM »
Hi All, I'm locking this thread for now so that people can use the pinned thread on this subject instead. It's useful to get feedback on the issues people are experiencing, but it's simpler to have them all in one place.