Author Topic: June 5 & 6: Paul Caponigro, John Paul Caponigro & Michael Kenna  (Read 1333 times)

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
Hi all,

A while back I posted that I'd gotten Michael Kenna to speak here in NYC at our OPTIC event on June 5. Now we've just added both Paul Caponigro and John Paul Caponigro for June 6 (on top of all the other speakers).

You can get all the details herewww.optic2016.com

It's all free, but if you cannot make it to NYC, it is going to be livestreamed. The link above will take you to the page where you subscribe to the livestream. Plus it will be recorded and posted on our YouTube channel later.

BUT, if you do come to see OPTIC in person, bring a print to participate in the push pin gallery. We'll be giving away a $1000 B&H gift card to one luck participant.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: June 5 & 6: Paul Caponigro, John Paul Caponigro & Michael Kenna
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 08:14:18 AM »
Hi Deborah.

That sounds fantastic, I might make the live streaming but I'd be very interested to hear about when it becomes available on YouTube or Vimeo, etc.....

Cheers,  Paul.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:28:39 AM »
Hi Deborah.

That sounds fantastic, I might make the live streaming but I'd be very interested to hear about when it becomes available on YouTube or Vimeo, etc.....

Cheers,  Paul.

The livestream would be best as you'll hear the whole thing. Whenever there's anything posted to the YouTube channel it is edited, so you miss stuff. If you don't want to miss a word, try and catch the livestream.

Terry

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 05:57:38 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Deborah! 

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Deborah!

You're welcome! I cannot wait (myself) to see Michael Kenna!

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 01:33:53 AM »
If all goes to plan, Michael will be speaking at 11AM NYC time tomorrow (Sunday) morning. And look for me, I'll be introducing him.

Terry

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 08:42:11 PM »
This was brilliant!  Thanks for bringing him here. 

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 12:29:11 PM »
This was brilliant!  Thanks for bringing him here.

You're very welcome! It was a real thrill to hear him speak (very inspiring!) and meet him and chat a bit at the book signing that followed his talk. And he hung around our OPTIC show for an extra day to hear Paul Caponigro speak yesterday. He is just lovely. Meeting people you're a fan of can often be disappointing, but not in this case.

I've worked at the B&H Event Space for about 4 years (I was a member here long before that), and when I started I had a list of photographers I anted to get to speak, and he was on that list from day one, so I'm really glad I was finally able to bring him in to do it.

And of course, I had to buy his new book, Forms of Japan. It's gorgeous!

(And btw, he did an interview for our podcast team too. I'll let you know when that's posted.)

Terry

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 02:50:30 PM »
I felt validated (he clearly prefers to shoot film--not that there was any room for confusion on that point) and chastised for not being patient enough when I'm shooting.  It was really inspiring.

gothamtomato

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »
Hi All,

Unfortunately I didn't realize that the Michael Kenna talk cannot be posted. It was livestreamed but could no be captured to post permanently. However, the talk with father & son photographers, Paul Caponigro & John Paul Caponigro just posted to our YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDIz-yPlww

Enjoy!

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 08:19:07 AM »
Thanks for posting this Deborah. Paul Caponigro has been an inspiration to me for a long time.
L.