Author Topic: Thanks for Holga suggestions!  (Read 1504 times)

RandomHamster

• Beware the hamsters of doom.......er........
    • RandomHamster
Thanks for Holga suggestions!
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:27:56 PM »
Just a quick thankyou to all those who left suggestions as to why my Holga films were sooo different.  I think in the end it was the bulb setting at the bottom that had worked its way across without my noticing! Doh!  ::)
Heres two from a recent film, no wierdness showing (other than the normal Holga loveliness that is!).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 05:33:41 PM by RandomHamster »
Tracey - All my favorite things start with C... cameras, cheese, cider and chocolate!
http://randomhamster.my-expressions.com/

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Thanks for Holga suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:03:04 PM »
cool to see it wasn't a major defect :)
(like a major defect is possible with such high "quality control"  :P )
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Re: Thanks for Holga suggestions!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 12:03:01 AM »
This happened to a friend of mine recently and she brought her camera round for me to look at. Her first film had been great, but the subsequent rolls had been shaky and blurred (in a bad way). I thought the shutter might be misfiring cos something similar (albeit not as drastic) used to happen to my Holga. Anyway, I suggested that she take a look at the shutter when she'd finished her next film and said she may need to buy another Holga if it continued.

Next day she was round another friend's house and asked him to take a look too. 20 seconds later she was on the phone telling me that the bulb setting had slid across accidentally and that there was nothing wrong with the camera.

Why hadn't I spotted that?

The thing is, it's been a while and when I last bought a Holga they were pretty vanilla flavoured with no extras. I didn't even know they HAD a bulb setting. This was a CF something...again that CF thing was new to me too.

Of course I felt kind of stupid, but at least I sent her on her way with a Coronet Commander from my collection so she was up on the deal despite my lack of mad diagnostic skillz.

;D