Author Topic: Unintended consequences of pinhole photography  (Read 911 times)

David A-W

Unintended consequences of pinhole photography
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/08/07/bomb-that-disrupted-brighton-pride-was-actually-a-pinhole-camera/

"A suspicious package that led police to close off a street and divert Brighton Pride parade was actually just a pinhole camera.

Brighton’s Pride parade was delayed last weekend after explosives officers were called to deal with a ‘suspicious package’ on the city’s seafront, just a few yards away from where the parade was set to leave.

The parade was originally meant to set off at 11am, but was delayed by police until 12.30pm – taking a diversion from its original route to avoid the area.
Police claimed on the day that the package was a “bomb hoax” – but after an investigation they have now admitted they were actually just dealing with a pinhole camera."

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: Unintended consequences of pinhole photography
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »
Incredible, though I'm not so sure it's the "unintended consequences of pinhole photography" as much as "the avoidable end result of being an unthinking prat". 

Surely, whichever half-wit decided to leave a pinhole camera lying around, presumably unattended, must have expected that someone would spot it, have no idea what it was and call the Police to report it as "suspicious"?

"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

AJShepherd

• Sheet Film
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 05:59:47 PM »
I suspect some student doing a photography course at the local uni. is going to have to explain why their pinhole project is overdue.
"The police took my homework!" probably doesn't work as an excuse.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 09:34:24 PM »
Or "my homework blew up!"...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 10:23:24 PM »
I've heard of this happening with pinholes left for months for solargraphing purposes...