Author Topic: Postcard Exchange 2015  (Read 17696 times)

zapsnaps

• Sheet Film
  • Get Zapped!
    • http://www.NowSeeThis.co.uk
Re: Postcard Exchange 2015
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 02:22:49 PM »
My UK cards are in the post today, rest of the world tomorrow (on account of the fact that they need to be taken to the post office, whereas I have local stamps).

I've already received some really interesting contributions - many thanks to all.
Nudes make the world go round
www.NowSeeThis.co.uk

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2015, 04:40:23 PM »
I'm going to wet print mine next week hopefully of shots taken this holiday

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 01:41:34 AM »
Mine came from the printer today, so they'll be going out at some point in the next couple of days.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »
Got Chad's square card today. Beautiful shot!
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Kayos

• Peel Apart
    • My Blog
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2015, 04:51:13 PM »
Just finished printing and mounting mine so they will be posted on Monday

I originally wanted them printing as postcards, but I received 12 identical ones, as I'd ordered different ones for each card I wasn't happy, and I couldn't use the ones that are the same, as its a digital shot of my boy intended for my mum.

I have received some very nice ones already

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 06:22:05 PM »
I just got home from holiday and found a great postcard from Matthew of Memorial Bridge, I could spend all day shooting that bridge

Blaxton

• Sheet Film
    • Flickr
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 11:36:55 PM »
GSGARY:

I wish that I could spend a day making photos of the Memorial Bridge.  Alas, it is gone now, replaced by a really hip looking new vertical-lift bridge.  Someday, I will bring my box camera up to Portsmouth and take pictures of it.

Matt
https://www.flickr.com/photos/willblax/

There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method. -- Herman Melville

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2015, 02:04:02 AM »
I didn't want to post a referral link until I saw the quality of the product, but I have to say I'm really, really pleased with the cards I had printed by Moo. If anyone still needs to order their cards, they do a nice job. Here's a direct referral link that will get you 10% off: http://www.moo.com/us//share/5q98xz
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2015, 04:54:13 AM »
Four postcards in the mail today! Diane, Chad, James, and Matt. Love them all, but trying to avoid the spoilers! :)

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2015, 06:30:33 PM »
I didn't want to post a referral link until I saw the quality of the product, but I have to say I'm really, really pleased with the cards I had printed by Moo. If anyone still needs to order their cards, they do a nice job. Here's a direct referral link that will get you 10% off: http://www.moo.com/us//share/5q98xz

I can second that. I've used them for the past two postcard exchanges and will be using them for this one as well.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2015, 06:50:07 PM »

I can second that. I've used them for the past two postcard exchanges and will be using them for this one as well.

I used them for this exchange as well, so I will be curious to know how the cards held up in the post. I got some business cards from them a while back and they were fine until things got humid. Then the matt laminate started peeling at the edges.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2015, 08:54:34 PM »

I used them for this exchange as well, so I will be curious to know how the cards held up in the post. I got some business cards from them a while back and they were fine until things got humid. Then the matt laminate started peeling at the edges.

Interesting. Your card as received here exhibited some similar delamination along one edge, apparently encouraged by the Post Office's Victorian-era sorting machinery (which seems to have been repurposed from grain threshing or gravel crushing). I wonder if the gloss cards (which I ordered) have the same weakness. Have you contacted Moo about the problem?

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2015, 08:55:50 PM »
No, but I'm about to. Thanks for the info.
Flickr
Blogger

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »
I've had another 4 come from Shaun, Chad, jharr and Jonathan all wonderful,  Jonathan's is spooky

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2015, 07:15:55 PM »
No, but I'm about to. Thanks for the info.

From Little Moo...

"This has been known to happen from time to time and it can be caused by humidity, heat or even a missed step in production. Not to worry, reprinting the cards should resolve the issue. Therefore, I have reprinted your order free of charge."

Now actually, they reprinted half of my order (10 cards). I'm not sure what the purpose is though. If the delamination problem is caused by heat or humidity, shipping this product to San Diego after 8/1 and before 6/30 is going to be problematic. It seems like fixing the lamination process would be better. Ah well. Maybe I'll have better luck with a local printer, but next year I'm going back to hand printing anyway.

P.S. I agree Jonathan's is spooky, but cool.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:19:59 PM by jharr »
Flickr
Blogger

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2015, 07:07:29 AM »
I just returned from holiday to  find some fantastic cards in my mailbox from Matt, Diane, James and Chad. Love them all. Diane'so cyanotype is also a bit spooky.
My cards have come back from the printer yesterday. Will send them out by end of the week.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »
Spent last night in the darkroom and got my 11 prints sorted just got to glue them to some blank postcards should be in the post Friday

kentish cob

• Peel Apart
  • I've a photographic memory, but it's out of film!
    • tony steers photography
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2015, 05:57:00 PM »
Posted mine off this morning.
Hope they find their way safely to your doors, and hope you like what I've chosen for you...
Merveille de Bollwiller.
A hardy, vigorous and productive variety with large nuts!

http://www.steers-gallery.co.uk/
http://www.putaframearoundit.co.uk/

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »
I have been away from home for the last two weeks -1 week of holiday and one for work, so this is my first chance to say thanks for the wonderful selection of fantastic postcards that arrived at my door.  Each and everyone is a brilliant work of art in it's own right.  So many thanks to Chad, Andrej, Matt, James, Jonathan and Shaun. I will get on the case of getting mine sorted by the end of the week.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2015, 09:02:34 PM »
Mine went out yesterday

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2015, 01:05:22 AM »
Mine will be in the post tomorrow.
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »
Mine have just been posted. 

I've received some stunners in the last couple of weeks.  So far, I haven't had time to sit down and appreciate them properly.  Work and preparing for our holiday - starting Thursday - has got in the way, but I will have a proper look on Wednesday before we depart.

Cheers, Paul.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2015, 10:27:20 PM »
Love the variations in postcards this year. Some very clever and creative ideas. Very welcome additions to my vast postcard collection.thank you to all.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2015, 03:05:50 AM »
Very cool cards in the mail today from David (Zapsnaps), Tony (Kentish Cob), and anonymous Brit (judging by the stamp).
Flickr
Blogger

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »
Very cool cards in the mail today from David (Zapsnaps), Tony (Kentish Cob), and anonymous Brit (judging by the stamp).
What was the photo of I'm sure I put my name on mine (photo was a Gargoyle)

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2015, 04:26:39 AM »
The photo was from Rufford Abby. Not sure if it's a gargoyle, but some sort of sculpture on a stone wall.
Flickr
Blogger

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2015, 05:05:44 AM »
Just arrived back from the NYC Filmwastering March and noticed my postcards had arrived. I shall try to get them in the mail tomorrow!

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2015, 06:28:52 AM »
The photo was from Rufford Abby. Not sure if it's a gargoyle, but some sort of sculpture on a stone wall.
Yes that's mine sorry I forgot to put my name on it, it was probably carved around 1140
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:34:13 AM by gsgary »

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2015, 04:30:07 PM »
Yes that's mine sorry I forgot to put my name on it, it was probably carved around 1140
Nice shot Gary. I have been to Canterbury and was astonished at how well carved stone holds up over the course of a millennium. Being is So. Cal. we get to marvel at things that are as many as 250 years old!! Apparently adobe isn't as durable, or beautiful as stone.
Flickr
Blogger

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »
Nice shot Gary. I have been to Canterbury and was astonished at how well carved stone holds up over the course of a millennium. Being is So. Cal. we get to marvel at things that are as many as 250 years old!! Apparently adobe isn't as durable, or beautiful as stone.
Thank you there are lots of places like this near me

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2015, 04:35:15 PM »

Maybe but you do have El Capitan.  And a few other places that are abit older than 250 yrs.

I'd love to visit California one day.

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2015, 05:04:51 PM »
Mine are out! Mine are out! I've had them ready to go for a few days already, but work has been a bit loony and I didn't have a chance to get to a post office during the week. But as of this morning, they're officially in the mail! :D  Since postcards are usually sent while on vacation, I chose four pictures from my last vacation to Maine, so you guys will receive one of those four images.

Edit: Oops, I forgot Shaun's card as well! Thank you :) And 02Pilot was kind enough to send a card 10 minutes down the road to me ;)

In the meantime, I've gotten some gorgeous stuff from Jonathan, Chad, Matthew, James, Gary, and Manuel. Thank you :) I'm adding this year's cards to those from the past 2-3 years and working on a big wall display. It's so amazing to see the array of styles and the depth of talent from all of you awesome Filmwasters. I feel really lucky to have such beautiful art in my possession.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:35:56 PM by limr »
Leonore

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2015, 12:45:18 AM »
Got a stunner from Manuel today. What a shot! Makes me think I might pull out my camera of the same type and do a little more with it.
Flickr
Blogger

Paul Mitchell

• Self-Coat
  • Heaven is PanF at f138
    • Paul Mitchell Photography
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2015, 04:17:25 PM »
Have just posted all mine today yay!

Many thanks to all those FW whom I've received cards from, they're all stunning!

Paul
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »
Posted mine on Friday!

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2015, 06:06:39 PM »
Received 3 more great cards today from Leonore,Paul and Andrej

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2015, 11:21:17 PM »
Hey, that got over the pond pretty quickly! :)

I had extra cards, so I sent some out to the folks on the other list that weren't on both. So there are 7 more cards in the mail as of today :)
Leonore

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2015, 02:48:20 AM »
Got Leonore's card today. Another nice shot for the collection.
Flickr
Blogger

gsgary

• Self-Coat
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2015, 10:15:58 PM »
Came home tonight to another great card from Manuel

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2015, 06:17:56 AM »
Got loads of fantastic cards this week. I love the ideas and diversity.
Our cards go on the fridge normally, so I think I have to get some more fridge magnets.

irv_b

• Self-Coat
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2015, 08:11:32 PM »
I have finally got my cards sorted printed and posted, so they shall be dropping through your letterbox soon.

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2015, 08:23:58 PM »
I'm so late! :P Mine are out the door today.

On the upside, I've received from everyone on my list. What a great set of postcards. My wife has threatened to steal more than a few.

kentish cob

• Peel Apart
  • I've a photographic memory, but it's out of film!
    • tony steers photography
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2015, 08:22:08 PM »
Spurred on by the kindness of others... I have a small number of spare cards looking for good homes, so if anyone from "list 2" would like one, drop me a PM with your postal address. First come, first served...
Merveille de Bollwiller.
A hardy, vigorous and productive variety with large nuts!

http://www.steers-gallery.co.uk/
http://www.putaframearoundit.co.uk/

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2015, 07:14:17 PM »
Has anyone received mine? I'm a bit worried as I mailed them a week and a half ago and have not read of anyone receiving them.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2015, 07:57:51 PM »
Has anyone received mine? I'm a bit worried as I mailed them a week and a half ago and have not read of anyone receiving them.
Yep, I got yours. Sorry for not posting. Very nice shot. I'm getting quite a collection!
Flickr
Blogger

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2015, 08:08:06 PM »
Thanks James, good to know.

Harvey

• Peel Apart
    • Meandering Extracts
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone for taking part this year. Once again it's been a great exchange with a fantastic variety of pictures. I love being a part of this community. Thanks all.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2015, 10:03:41 PM »
Thanks Shaun for organizing it. Always a good experience.
Flickr
Blogger

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2015, 05:10:52 PM »
I just went through all of the postcards proudly displayed on my refrigerator and tallied them on paper. Sadly, I've received a postcard from everyone, which means there's nothing to look forward when checking the post. This is my least favorite part of the postcard exchange.  :'(

So thanks again, everyone. I look forward to next year!

johan_lindgren

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2015, 02:31:47 PM »
I just went through all of the postcards proudly displayed on my refrigerator and tallied them on paper. Sadly, I've received a postcard from everyone, which means there's nothing to look forward when checking the post. This is my least favorite part of the postcard exchange.  :'(

So thanks again, everyone. I look forward to next year!

Why not post a picture of what your refrigerator looks like, I'd love to see what I missed (and why I should partisipate next time)  ::)  ;)