Author Topic: * T h e W e e k e n d 17th to 19th *  (Read 12695 times)

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: * T h e W e e k e n d 17th to 19th *
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »
Never met Moon Unit, but I met Dweezil. He's a really really cool person, down to earth, and a huge gear head (he talked at me for 1/2 hour about a new amp circuit he's designing  ::) )

Woah, Zappa-tastic....!! I am in awe.  Frank was is one of my all-time guitar playing and kinda taking-the-p*ss sort of don't take yourself tooooo seriously and lets say it how it is and don't pull yer punches guys.  You can't go round writing tracks like "The Illinois Enema Bandit", "Cosmik Debris" and "Zomby Woof" without achieving cult status.... 8)

Dweezil and most of the band who played with Frank have done a show at London's Round House for the last couple of years.  I must see if I can get tickets is they come over here again.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2015, 07:58:25 PM »
Dweezil is a legitimately amazing guitar player. That same night he talked my head off about gear, he sat in with the band I was playing with and played the whole intro to Eruption spot-on. That's more of a party trick, of course, but well we were at a (benefit) party, so I guess it was called for :)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2015, 09:30:00 PM »
I think he inherited this from his dad. Frank had a company specializing in custom effects stacks.

As for Brittany, is this the one you were talking about
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.