Author Topic: Weekend 19th February - 21st February  (Read 17015 times)

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Re: Weekend 19th February - 21st February
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 02:46:47 PM »
I don't want to freak anybody out but the dentist made a right hash of one of my wisdom teeth.  He left me with a swelling on the side of my face the size of an orange which, when the swelling subsided, left severe bruising and a black eye. I looked like I'd been hit with a baseball bat.

Not only that but the **** punctured my sinus cavity and the wound got infected.  For two weeks after the operation, every time I rinsed my mouth a jet of water shot out of my nose!  To be honest it was quite comical - not the first few times though as it was blood and infection that squirted out and not water.

Still, I'm sure you'll be fine.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 03:31:26 PM »
Well, by way of countering that gruesome tale, I got all four extracted at once and I was back to work in 2 days. The pain was manageable with regular Tylenol and there were no complications or lasting side effects. Easy peasy.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Terry

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2015, 06:00:52 PM »
My only regret with having my wisdom teeth out was the local anaesthetic.  I could hear the rending sounds as the dentist pulled each tooth--I was sure he had removed my feet through my mouth.  On the positive side was the codene prescription after....

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2015, 06:47:38 PM »
My only regret with having my wisdom teeth out was the local anaesthetic.  I could hear the rending sounds as the dentist pulled each tooth--I was sure he had removed my feet through my mouth.  On the positive side was the codene prescription after....

And that is exactly why I can NOT be awake for this! Gettin' the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.

Well, by way of countering that gruesome tale, I got all four extracted at once and I was back to work in 2 days. The pain was manageable with regular Tylenol and there were no complications or lasting side effects. Easy peasy.

I'm going to go with this version of the story and completely ignore the tale above it from Mr.Binns  :o

I made a big crock pot of soup and then blended it up so it's nice and smooth. Tomorrow I'll make up a big batch of yogurt and a pot of pudding. Oh, and I bought ice cream. So I'm set with soft foods for a while. Today I'm eating a salad for lunch so I can enjoy crunchy foods while I can.
Leonore
http://moderndinosaur.wordpress.com

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Photo_Utopia

• Sheet Film
  • The artist also known as Mark Antony
    • Photo Utopia
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2015, 08:07:21 PM »
I had three wisdoms out with local at the dentists, can't see what the fuss is about :)
I went down the pub afterwards, some might say that was unwise–but I did have an excuse 8)

I prefer malt whiskey to Paracetamol any day, although I hear you can develop film in the painkiller
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:10:40 PM by Photo_Utopia »
There's more to this photography thing than meets the eye.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2015, 08:57:47 PM »
Leonore: don't let freak complications bring you fear. It's a routine thing for 99% of the population.
Since we don't have those big Neanderthal jaws anymore, we almost all have to go through it.

And no, I didn't hear anything getting ripped out of my mouth. It's really not as bad as they say.

And yes, there are people who swell-up. And there are people who get bruising in the face. But that's not the dentist's fault. We all react a bit different to this.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2015, 09:13:23 PM »
My rational brain knows all this and thanks you for the reminder!  :)

My reptilian brain will be hiding under a rock until it's over ;)
Leonore

"Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness." (Ludwig Wittgenstein)

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2015, 09:31:21 PM »
I have a few other suggestions.
1- have some tea bags handy. It helps stop the bleeding when you bite on them.
2- stay away from Oh-Henry! and Cherry Blossoms... these were my dad's brilliant offers when I just came out of the office and was going to get some Tylenol.  ::)
Francois

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 12:41:55 AM »

Reptilian brains don't hide from anything! They wake up and immediately rip the throat out of the nearest mammal, wallowing in the succulent warmth of a fresh kill! Then they take a nap.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 02:07:47 AM »

Reptilian brains don't hide from anything! They wake up and immediately rip the throat out of the nearest mammal, wallowing in the succulent warmth of a fresh kill! Then they take a nap.

if that's the case, then you might want to be sure your throat is protected when you drive me to the dentist  ;D
Leonore

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2015, 02:20:21 AM »

if that's the case, then you might want to be sure your throat is protected when you drive me to the dentist  ;D

Nah, I'm safe - I'm more reptile than mammal.
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2015, 02:30:12 AM »

That's a good point. Okay, then keep me away from the hygienist. Unless it's that chicken who just gave me the horrible teeth cleaning. If she's around, you can let me at her.
Leonore

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2015, 03:25:00 AM »

That's a good point. Okay, then keep me away from the hygienist. Unless it's that chicken who just gave me the horrible teeth cleaning. If she's around, you can let me at her.

This exchange has left me wondering what exactly the rest of the audience must be thinking about us right about now (looks straight to camera and pauses dramatically)...we are a bit, as one might say, "off"....

-Hunter S. Thompson
-

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »
Pilot: do take a video of Leonor's when you drive her back home. It's widely said that the people who get the full knockdown treatment do act strangely and keep saying stupid things ;)
Besides, since she won't remember a thing she said, she might find it quite funny to see that when she comes to her senses :)
Francois

limr

• Self-Coat
    • A Modern Day Dinosaur
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »
Pilot: do take a video of Leonor's when you drive her back home. It's widely said that the people who get the full knockdown treatment do act strangely and keep saying stupid things ;)
Besides, since she won't remember a thing she said, she might find it quite funny to see that when she comes to her senses :)

I'll allow him to do that so long as he signs a waiver that he won't put it online unless I approve  ;D (Because it will probably be funny to hear what I might be rambling about while still loopy!)
Leonore

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2015, 09:01:20 PM »
Francois