Author Topic: The most beautiful photo I've seen this week  (Read 2912 times)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: The most beautiful photo I've seen this week
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 11:24:26 AM »
nice find :)

It'd have to be this for me. so well executed and I start reading into it as representing then and now

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodachrome/7499901214/
/jonas

Ezzie

• Self-Coat
  • Late to the party
    • Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 05:04:14 PM »
Good idea for a thread. Ooh, I like that one Jonas. Takes a bit of practice to split expose a film like that and get the two half-frames to line up. I see the second exposure is red scale, which adds to the effect.
Eirik

"..All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain,.." - Roy Batty
B+W film picture blog
My DIY and Caffenol blog
The Caffenol Cookbook and bible

ManuelL

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 05:35:49 PM »
Good idea for a thread. Ooh, I like that one Jonas. Takes a bit of practice to split expose a film like that and get the two half-frames to line up. I see the second exposure is red scale, which adds to the effect.

I like the effect in this shot.
Here is someone who built a camera to do this. http://www.lomography.com/homes/buckshot/blog/131537-taking-ebs-to-the-next-level-introducing-the-buckshot-ebs-revolver

Indofunk

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • photog & music
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:35:59 AM »

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »
I've been thinking of building something to do the same thing, except I'd use two cameras and two lenses, one on each side.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Peter84

• Peel Apart
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »
I've been thinking of building something to do the same thing, except I'd use two cameras and two lenses, one on each side.

Really cool, but I think it can be easily done in a holga. Tape of half the 6x6 mask shoot the roll of 220, put the roll in again wrong side up and shoot again. But come to think of it you'd have to tape of the counter window so you can't see if you're lining the shot up correctly....
hmmm.... there's more to it then you think, this asks for experimentation! I'll get on it

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 11:01:27 PM »
It would be easier to do using 35mm since there's no backing paper.
Or you could mount a holga on the back of the other and simply cut-out a window in it.
Francois

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »

Really cool, but I think it can be easily done in a holga. Tape of half the 6x6 mask shoot the roll of 220, put the roll in again wrong side up and shoot again. But come to think of it you'd have to tape of the counter window so you can't see if you're lining the shot up correctly....
hmmm.... there's more to it then you think, this asks for experimentation! I'll get on it

Large format would be easier.  Pull the dark slide out halfway and take the shot.  Reverse the film in a changing bag and shoot the other half.  You could leave the camera set up while you reverse the film so the framing is the same.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 11:21:10 PM »
Large format would be easier.  Pull the dark slide out halfway and take the shot.  Reverse the film in a changing bag and shoot the other half.  You could leave the camera set up while you reverse the film so the framing is the same.

I had that same thought. you would be limited to splitting your frame on the short (4-inch) dimension of the film doing it this way. However, I imagine it would be easy enough to put a mask covering half of the film holder length-wise. Then you could flip/reverse the film and have the shot split along the 5-inch dimension. I don't shoot much color sheet film. It is too expensive to experiment with.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 11:41:18 PM »

I had that same thought. you would be limited to splitting your frame on the short (4-inch) dimension of the film doing it this way. However, I imagine it would be easy enough to put a mask covering half of the film holder length-wise. Then you could flip/reverse the film and have the shot split along the 5-inch dimension. I don't shoot much color sheet film. It is too expensive to experiment with.

I was also thinking about that, you could cut your dark slide lengthwise with tin snips.  You would need to have an un-cut dorkslide as well, just use the cut one when you take the picture.  What happens when you reverse black and white film like you would for redscale, that's the only way to get a true reflection effect.

Jack Johnson

• Sheet Film
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 05:05:15 AM »
You would need to have an un-cut dorkslide as well, just use the cut one when you take the picture.

Dorkslide is what I did on the ice this morning.  ;)

The most beautiful photo I've seen this week might be Diane's pinhole from the latest collaboration.

Bryan

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 05:56:23 AM »
You would need to have an un-cut dorkslide as well, just use the cut one when you take the picture.

The most beautiful photo I've seen this week might be Diane's pinhole from the latest collaboration.

That's my best typo all week!

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »

Funny :)
Yet makes you feel bad all day...
Francois