Author Topic: podcast about Ferrania  (Read 687 times)

mcduff

• Self-Coat
  • Loving the 645...
    • ...on Flickr...
Re: podcast about Ferrania
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
It is nice to hear them talk about this -- for example how they are moving into the building that was really the test facility which is probably a good size for the level of film that we would be using. Much better than trying to use a massively oversized facility. It is still a good sized operation (5,000 sq metres) for them to use.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:48:11 PM by mcduff »
---------------
check out Don's stuff at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcduffco/

Terry

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:22:29 PM »
Thanks Becky.  This interview is very heartening.  They seem to very realistic about what they're doing and are targeting a niche-market field.  I like the way he discusses the economics of scale.

jharr

• Self-Coat
  • Humble Hobbyist
    • Through A Glass, Darkly
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
Ted Forbes on The Art of Photography will be doing a live interview with the Marketing Director for Ferrania at 3:18 GMT (10:18 EST) on 9/26 (this friday). Should be interesting.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera"   -- Dorothea Lange
Flickr
Blogger

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »
I was happy to hear they will just ship it when they get it ready and not dole it out to a few testers.

It's exciting to think it is really happening!!!!!

:) :) :)

thatguychad

• Peel Apart
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 06:13:58 PM »
Ted Forbes on The Art of Photography will be doing a live interview with the Marketing Director for Ferrania at 3:18 GMT (10:18 EST) on 9/26 (this friday). Should be interesting.

I missed the live stream this morning, but here's the link for the video.