Author Topic: Night Time on the Sukhamvit  (Read 1554 times)

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Night Time on the Sukhamvit
« on: May 10, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »
A ribbon of neon lights, traffic, go go bars, restaurants and markets.  Lady boys, hawkers, beggars, tourists, prostitutes and office workers jostle and hustle their way through this river of tarmac, light and noise.  Intimidating, exciting, bewildering and bizarre, there's no other street on earth like the Sukhamvit.  Especially at night.

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
Re: Night Time on the Sukhamvit
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »
All shot with multiple exposures using a holga

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
These have a very unique but consistent look across the set. I'm interested in the technique you used - did you just try to hold the camera in the same spot and click away? Did you fire the shutter a set number of times, or did you adjust based on conditions?
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:56:33 PM »
These have a very unique but consistent look across the set. I'm interested in the technique you used - did you just try to hold the camera in the same spot and click away? Did you fire the shutter a set number of times, or did you adjust based on conditions?

Thank you. I try to hold the camera in the same spot and click away for a random number of times -between 10 and 20 times I'd say.  I don't want the image to become totally unrecognisable (though sometimes that happens) so if I shoot a street at night then I want the final image to show the form of the street (if that makes sense) albeit as an abstract.

calbisu

• Self-Coat
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »
Mmmhh, liking them, but my favourites are 4, 6, and 7.