Author Topic: calendar  (Read 2733 times)

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
calendar
« on: December 15, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
I love to have a nice photo calendar hanging on the wall so I gaze lovingly at it from time to time and be amazed every time a month passes. I have had in the past one by Kenna, myself :-) and last year the Alternative Photography thingy.

Can't seem to find anything interesting/ new / different this year. Any suggestions please.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
Re: calendar
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »
Why not have your own printed

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

02Pilot

• Self-Coat
  • Malcontent
    • Filmosaur
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »
Now there's a FW project idea: get submissions, vote on them, top 12 get put in the calendar. Print-on-demand so there's no unnecessary costs. A bit late for 2014, I suppose....
Any man who can see what he wants to get on film will usually find some way to get it;
and a man who thinks his equipment is going to see for him is not going to get much of anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
Now there's a FW project idea: get submissions, vote on them, top 12 get put in the calendar. Print-on-demand so there's no unnecessary costs. A bit late for 2014, I suppose....

Maybe a tad late for 2014 but a great time to kick off a project for us all for 2015  ::)
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Adam Doe

• Self-Coat
    • My Flickr Stream
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 05:29:18 PM »

Well, if we go by western tradition and start the calendar at January 1st then we are definitely too late for 2014. If, though, we buck tradition and declare that the Filmwasters calendar begins on April 1, then we would certainly have time to arrange something. Hell, timekeeping is a human construct anyway, we can be flexible with it in our own self-interest, can't we?

DonkeyDave

• Sheet Film
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
the inland revenue can't be wrong....

(UK centric comment)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 07:29:39 PM »
if you're quick about it you could make one and get it in time for next year I guess :)

I made a cute little cyanotype calendar (safe for work)  which I'm very proud of ;D
http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar/cyanotypes/12573416

I'm pretty impressed with the printing quality. It's not fine art but it's good enough for a calendar that's most likely going to be viewed from 1-2 ft away at the closest.

Also... do we want to make another filmwasters calendar? I wouldn't mind putting it together but someone else can pick the images. I think I have a good grip of lulu's printing/software now anyway. They're about £8.25 with no profit margin which is wot the FW 2011 calendar would be I guess?

Only problem is it takes 7-8 calendar days for it to be printed/sent/arrived here so we'd have to get our acts together on it in time for Christmas. Not many weeks left y'know ;)

too bad this wasn't brought up earlier or we could have had one put together here like previous years.
/jonas

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 08:16:57 PM »
To be honest I thought someone was going to come up with a suggestion of a calendar by D'Agata, Ackermann or some such wonderfulness.

So, perhaps we will have to produce one ourselves again [see http://www.lulu.com/shop/film-wasters/filmwasters-2011/calendar/product-14244289.html ].

Happy to put one together with YOUR images if anyone is interested in a 2014 calendar from April 1st! I will donate an image too if that's OK and, the project has been OK'd by the powers that be.

Who is interested in giving an 'interesting' image for the project and who would like a calendar?

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 10:13:38 PM »
I'm always up for it, Andrea.  Hope what I send is deemed good enough....
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 08:15:51 PM »
Ok, can we do this FILMWASTERS calendar - those in charge ? Please.

If we get the go-ahead, happy to put it together. You lot can sort out an interesting image to send to me and all that in the meantime.

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 09:51:40 AM »
sounds good,

A friend pf mine produces a calendar for himself every year
he uses images from throughout the year to highlight the different months
he uses RED BUBBLE to print it, really looks the business and great print and paper quality!

This-is-damion

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
    • Damion Rice
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
ill say yes... usual deal  - not for profit.

ill chase up the others - but cant see this being an issue.

Andrej K

• Sheet Film
    • Andrej Kutarna Photography
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
Will there be a theme? Or layout requirements? Square / horizontal / vertical...?

Website of sorts, as well as ipernity thing.

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 03:09:16 PM »
Just waiting for the official Ok on this. Thinking of using http://www.lulu.com as they are ok - reasonable price and all that.

Once we have the all clear I'll sort the details. Having said that have had two images sent to me already :-)

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »
Andrea, it's all yours. We should have thought of it earlier....sorry for missing the boat.

Maybe start a new thread on the subject and I'll pin it to the top so it stays visible.

gsgary

• Self-Coat
Re: Re: calendar
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »
Andrea, it's all yours. We should have thought of it earlier....sorry for missing the boat.

Maybe start a new thread on the subject and I'll pin it to the top so it stays visible.

Most companies in the UK work holidays from April to April so i think calenders should do the same

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
Great idea. Don't think I have anything worth contributing myself, but would buy a copy.
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian