Author Topic: latest update from kickstarter pinhole project  (Read 686 times)

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
latest update from kickstarter pinhole project
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »
Just received this from the pinhole kickstarter project.
I was # 47 on the first batch of pinholes bought...so any time now.

I'll let you know when it arrives!

The message I received is copied below!
Yay!   :)

Project Update #8: Okay, any time now!

Posted by ONDU

So here's the thing: whenever anything can possibly go wrong, it does. Or to paraphrase Murphy's Law with an even more famous quote, it is an experience common to all men to find that, on any special occasion, such as the production of a pinhole camera for the first time in large quantities, everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Whether we must attribute this to the malignity of matter or to the total depravity of inanimate things, whether the exciting cause is hurry, worry, or what not, the fact remains.

In other words, a lot of things went wrong this week, but we've been working our asses off for the last few days not letting these various misfortunes affect the final products. Working day and night (literally!) we did our absolute best ensuring top notch quality of our ONDU Pinhole cameras so we trully believe you will be nothing less than happy and satisfied once they're finally in your hands.

We're happy to say that the first cameras are now completely finished and ready to be shipped. Actually, the majority of them currently already resides in New York City from where they'll be shipped onward, and the others will be shipped directly from Slovenia. The only thing left now is to properly box and label them and then we're taking them to te post office first thing Monday morning, so expect another update with pictures and whatnot by then at the latest! :) :) :)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: latest update from kickstarter pinhole project
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:26:27 PM »
Knowing this, are you sure you're going to be able to sleep for the next few days? ;)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

astrobeck

• Self-Coat
Re: latest update from kickstarter pinhole project
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »

my sleeping bag is out by the mailbox...........   ;D