Author Topic: TIP pinhole camera?!  (Read 1797 times)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
TIP pinhole camera?!
« on: August 05, 2013, 08:29:15 AM »
it's just casually hanging out on TIP USA's tumblr! http://tipusa.tumblr.com/post/54673719890/
come-see-the-impossible-instant-lab-in-action-at Come see the Impossible instant lab in action at
Recontres d’Arles! We’ll be there through tomorrow (Saturday, July
6th) in the courtyard at ENSP (in conjunction with
the Symposium Les Rendez-vous de l’AAENSP -
the alumnae association)
/jonas

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: TIP pinhole camera?!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:54:29 PM »
The thing on the tripod definitely looks like some sort of pinhole camera... new product maybe?
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 01:14:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure the instant lab they have developed is also the back for the 2 cameras they are developing, one pinhone and one with some manual settings...

John Robison

• Sheet Film
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 02:40:23 PM »
It could be a device with a lens to project the picture on an i-phone screen onto polaroid film.

I'm fairly sure that with a salvaged polaroid back taking Fuji pack film. An enlarger lens. A supply of cardboard and black masking tape. I could build a contraption to do the same thing. It would be ugly but it would work.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 05:28:51 PM »
seems they are feeling positive about making cameras :)

got this in the mail:
Hello,

you are receiving this email because you did sign up for the FPU-program of Impossible.
Some of you might have noticed that we have started to ship the Instant Lab and we are ramping up mass production for our cameras.

As you know in 2012, when we first developed the design for Impossible's own Film Processing Unit for Impossible's analog instant film, we envisaged it as a 'modular platform' also for third parties. The FPU would allow other camera manufacturers and designers to develop their own ideas for analog instant cameras.

However, we were somewhat optimistic about the challenges of refining the FPU and its performance, as well as getting it to market within the first Impossible-designed hardware, the Instant Lab, the Pinhole Camera and beyond.

So, with regret, we have decided to suspend indefinitely our planned program to make the FPU available to other designers and camera developers.

We have your email address on file, so in case we will change our opinion in the future, we would contact you again.

Thank you again for your interest,
Kind regards,
Christian Lutz
COO, IMPOSSIBLE GROUP AG, Vienna
www.the-impossible-project.com[/]
/jonas

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
So they are suspending the idea of making the FPU available to other people/companies but are still going ahead with their own cameras?

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 07:41:28 PM »
So they are suspending the idea of making the FPU available to other people/companies but are still going ahead with their own cameras?
that's how I understand it too.

I guess people will still be buying the pinhole camera or whatever is the cheapest and use the FPU in their own mods :)
/jonas

tani.P

• Spaghetti Tree
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 01:13:37 AM »
I hope that gets produced/is relatively cheap. I'd be seriously interested in an instant pinhole!