Author Topic: I want to waste film and make a book with other people.  (Read 20800 times)

MitzyG

• 35mm
Re: I want to waste film and make a book with other people.
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2013, 06:54:20 AM »
Hey, wanted to let you know that my husband oiled the Exa and it seems to be working okay now.

Gonna try to put a roll through it tomorrow and get it developed.

Wish me luck!

Verian

• Sheet Film
    • Verian Thomas
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
Looking forward to using this when it arrives.

Used this yesterday and really rather enjoyed it, apart from a couple of issues, the first being that I kept accidentally locking it causing me to miss shots, the other that I did find it quite difficult to focus accurately even with the magnifier. One image that I spent quite a qhile getting properly focused just wasn't, and I'm not sure what to do about that just yet. I did still enjoy it though, great camera for street photography.
verianthomas.com
Last Updated: 21/11/2014
Instagrrrrrrrram & Flickr: verian67
Twitter: verian

filmgal

• 35mm
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2013, 11:21:06 PM »
I want to play too.  Is there still time?    :D

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »
I want to play too.  Is there still time?    :D

Yes. Until next summer.

Looking forward to using this when it arrives.

Used this yesterday and really rather enjoyed it, apart from a couple of issues, the first being that I kept accidentally locking it causing me to miss shots, the other that I did find it quite difficult to focus accurately even with the magnifier. One image that I spent quite a qhile getting properly focused just wasn't, and I'm not sure what to do about that just yet. I did still enjoy it though, great camera for street photography.

Check that the magnifier is parallel to the focus screen. If it doesn't sit completely flat it becomes very difficult to get a clear view through it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:58:42 AM by Flippy »

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Please read this post .....
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »
Hi all

I've not been around the forum much lately, and have missed out on the evolution of this thread.

I'm thinking the whole thing through right now, and discussing with the other site owners, but I have a few questions. These are probably for Mr Flippy as the organiser, but if anyone else is leading on this idea too, then feel free to have a say.

1. Are you proposing that this book is a 'Filmwasters' book? It would have been nice for the site owners to be approached first before this thread started ...
2. If it is to be a filmwasters book, are you proposing to sell it to the public or just for the contributors?
3. Do you propose to sell the book at a profit? If so, this is really not in keeping with the Filmwasters ethos  of no commercial activity on the site. Any book or project attached to the site would be sold on a not-for-profit basis.

I dont think any of us would have a problem with profits from any project being divided up between the contributors, but would be uncomfortable if one person alone was making profit.

The reason this site was formed was the fall-out from a similar situation at Toycamera.com with Lightleaks magazine, so I for one woudl be uncomfortable if something similar happened here, and I'm certain the other 4 owners woudl feel the same.

So, just to be clear, I'm not trying to put the kaibosh on your Idea, and well done to you all for getting it off the ground, but please bear this above in mind.

(moaney ole Leon now slopes off through the out door, kicking  few kittens on the way)
L.

Flippy

• Sheet Film
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »
There is no pretense of this being a filmwaster's book. I invited people to contribute from multiple sites.

As for money involved, any contributor is welcome to order whatever number of books they want, and sell them on for whatever prices they want. It would be difficult I think to try and enforce any other approach. edit: to clarify: there is no profit in it for me, but I obviously cannot keep contributors from selling their books for a profit if that is what they choose to do with them.

There is always a chance there might be no book at all depending on how things turns out, but that shouldn't keep people from having fun anyway. This is a very casual, for the fun of it idea, open to anybody anywhere, and not affiliated with any sort of group or website in particular.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:47:37 PM by Flippy »