Author Topic: Hello, I have been around, leave a reply, tell me some news ........  (Read 3116 times)

Ken B: eyes, I just do eyes.

• Sheet Film
  • In email, no one can hear you scream
Hello to all, I have been lurking a round when I get the chance but the chances are few and far between.

I saw some of you in February at the meet down on the south coast, to give you an idea of how busy I have been I have not even finished those films or processed the few I did finish.

Personally I have taken on a photographic challenge for this year to knock the rust off of my skills, it is a photo-a-day blog which you can imagine takes some doing, I have been going now for 24 weeks and haven't missed a day, however it is all digital so not appropriate for here.

Couply speaking me and the good lady wife got a notice to move out of the flat at the end of April / beginning of May, since it had been sold, we couldn't afford the £260,000.00 asking price for a one bedroom flat, so we opted to move.

The move started last weekend and we have two more weekends to get it done, I have found out something alarming while living here, if you put all you cameras, especially the film ones, into the same cupboard - they multiply like rabbits, so be warned.

I did try and cover some of them with books and sheets and dinner plates as I packed but I got caught out dammit all  ;)

Well best get back to it, just wanted to drop in and say hello, hope all are well and keeping their chin up

ciao for now
Age can weary me when it can keep the hell up

http://www.kensphotoblog2013.com/

http://www.artybollocks.com/

Francois

• Self-Coat
Re: Hello, I have been around, leave a reply, tell me some news ........
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:06:51 PM »
Hey Ken!
Boy it's been a while...

Have you noticed that we all eventually get caught with too much stuff. For Ed, it was Guitars. And I have cameras all over the place. Good thing I'm still single  ::)
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Pete_R

• Self-Coat
    • Contax 139 Resource
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:34:37 PM »
Hi Ken,

Didn't see you in Liverpool and I missed the BCLA. Maybe next time.

You forgot the link to your blog...

http://kgbphoto2013photoaday.blogspot.co.uk/

"I've been loading films into spirals for so many years I can almost do it with my eyes shut."

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 04:47:18 PM »
Mr Ken!! Great to hear from you as always. Good luck with the move, but you should have said about the £260,000....we could have had a whip round.
 ;)

BTW, I occasionally find a GTalk chat session from you on one of my Android tablets about 24 hours after you started it. The thing is, the kids turn them on and then leave them lying around so it's almost never me using the thing. For some reason, chat stays logged on and I guess I haven't changed my default status or something, so it must look like I'm online when I'm not. Sorry about that. It's definitely nothing personal.

It's weird that thing about film cameras multiplying when left in cupboards. I've also found that they tend to eat film too. As the stack of cameras increases, the stack of film goes down. Weird.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »
Hey Ken!

You should see if the landlord will take payment with cameras!  ;)

Kidding of course, don't forget to get a good weekly dose of film in there with your digi shooting. Your Holga work is always very inspiring.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »
Time is always the issue isn't it? My photographic project for this year is shooting one roll of film a week. For now I've been able to do that just fine (apart from maybe two weeks). Developing and scanning the film though is the issue. I'm still at week 5. Somehow the exposed film seems to multiply around here. (Ed?  ;D).

As for houses/flats. Around here in the countryside they're still 500k for a house for a whole family. That will be interesting in the coming years ...

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 09:36:43 PM »
As for houses/flats. Around here in the countryside they're still 500k for a house for a whole family. That will be interesting in the coming years ...
You mean 500K euro for a house?
Yikes! We don't have prices like that in most cities in the province!
If you want to get an idea, just check out (www.mls.ca), its a centralized real estate listing for all of Canada.
Francois

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:41:50 PM »
Yes Francois! And that's not even close to a big city. But the area (close to Munich, Germany) is the most expensive in the whole of Germany. But it's also very beautiful and my parents (i.e. child care ;)) live close by.

SLVR

• Self-Coat
  • 100% Film
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
ahem. Toronto, Vancouver... Hell my 1 bedroom sits around 350k plus about 600$ in condo fees on top monthly. That is if I was to actually buy it.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 10:30:48 PM »
Just for a simple comparison, my parent's house has a city evaluation of about 290k$. We're situated in the burbs not too far from Montreal, though with the massive traffic problems we have, it can take about 45 minutes to get into town when we're not in the rush hour. House is a bungalow in a fairly quiet neighborhood. We have lots of trees... but the house needs a lot of work this year. We have 3 bedrooms on the top floor, 2 bathrooms, dining room, living room, kitchen. Basement is a 1 bedroom/office, living room, double garage, furnace room and one washroom... my darkroom is borrowed space from the garage. We have bus access to the metro within about 10 minutes walking.
Francois

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 08:37:40 AM »
Hey Ken - all is good here ta.  I echo Ed's comments about the google hangouts thing  - I cant seem to set it to off.

Sorry to hear about the ofrced move, hope you settle in to the new place okay.  If you're ever heading to East Kent, let me know and we'll grab a coffee.

L.
L.

Ken B: eyes, I just do eyes.

• Sheet Film
  • In email, no one can hear you scream
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 09:09:24 PM »
Thanks everyone - I am totally feeling the love  ;D who would have thought flat prices could be so topical across all divides even here at FW's  :)

January the 6th on my blog is the most significant film date so far I think

Feb 8th and 9th cover the FW's outing down south

Ed its okay, we will just have to make time for coffee, there is a family friendly cafe near me and a bloody great big park for the kids to go bunta in

Peter R - I feel gutted we couldn't hook up, but both times the schedule was tighter than fishes bum, try this for an update to your links - http://www.kensphotoblog2013.com/   ;)

Leon - I will take you up on that one mate, I do like the ride out there.
Age can weary me when it can keep the hell up

http://www.kensphotoblog2013.com/

http://www.artybollocks.com/