Author Topic: Fuji film price increase  (Read 985 times)

Darnley

Fuji film price increase
« on: March 22, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »
I love that the article says that the price increase will be "at least" double digits. They wouldn't go triple digits on us. Would they?
http://photorumors.com/2013/03/22/another-price-increase-on-fujifilm-photographic-films-coming-next-month/

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
Re: Fuji film price increase
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »
While I'm still employed and can afford to pay it, I'll happily stump up the going rate to keep film production going. Silver costs a fortune and we can't seriously expect the likes of Kodak, Ilford and Fuji to keep investing in film technology / production unless there's something in it for them. They aren't charities.

I've bought mostly C41 processable film (Ilford XP2) until recently. I need to balance that with some Tri-X and get back into developing my own. I'm also going to start shooting some E6 over the summer as I have always loved slides and have both 35mm and 6x6 projectors that have stood idle for too long.
"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

LEAFotography

• Peel Apart
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
I expect they mean between 10% and 20%, possibly more.  This may push the price of Pro400H close to 10GBP :(

Meanwhile Lomography are doing 20% off their film prices online at the moment...

For those in the UK, Boots (The Chemist) often have offers on film in their High Street stores, though they seem to have stopped making their own slide film, sadly.

Ordinal

• chasing daisies...
Fuji film price increase
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:11:43 PM »
I expect they mean between 10% and 20%, possibly more.  This may push the price of Pro400H close to 10GBP :(
Much as I love 400H in 135 - I got some for a trip to the States last year and it was a fantastic performer - at that price level I'm going to go for slide film.

I do seem to see a lot of Fuji dealers dumping 120 stock that's close to expiry for extremely low prices - at this rate it could end up cheaper _per frame_ to shoot Fuji film in medium format! I've had to stop myself bulk buying any more Velvia and Provia because I seriously have more of it now than I will use in years.
chasing daisies... - a blog about things
redspotted on Flickr - pictures of stuff

ChristopherCoy

• Peel Apart
  • Yes, you can still get film for it!
    • Being Coy
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:14:53 AM »

Meanwhile Lomography are doing 20% off their film prices online at the moment...

Sometimes I wonder how much film production would be affected if the major players changed their marketing somewhat.

Companies like Impossible and Lomography are reviving film through the "hipster" movement, while long-stays like Kodak and Fuji are raising prices, or filing bankruptcy.

(And I hate using the word 'hipster' but its become such an easy way to identify that style of photography.)
Christopher

"Film feeds my soul." ~ Keith Moss