Author Topic: Response from Fujifilm North America Corporation re End of Fuji Instant  (Read 7825 times)

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
Hi all

Brandon Remler from Fujifilm North America has been in touch with us to let us know the situation regarding fuji instant films at the moment:

"someone sent me a post from your site about FP instant films being discontinued.

I just wanted to set the record straight for the users of the product out there.

FP100C and FP3000B are both sold in medium and large format currently.

The 4x5 version IS discontinued.  In the USA the 4x5 Color is SOLD OUT (our inventory).

The 4x5 3000B is not sold out - yet.

So both products are in stock at USA dealers and whatever is out there for color is what is left."

I have asked if he knows anything about the European and Asian situation, but no response as yet - Brandon says he doesnt know anything about the rest of the world, but says, "I know my statement about films being disc't applies to the world since Japan makes the film."

He also said we can ask anytime if we have anymore questions.

hope that helps

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:51:00 PM by Leon »
L.

Francois

• Self-Coat
So to put it simply:

Polaroid cameras are OK.
Large format instant film is dead.

Lucky I never invested in the Fuji 4x5 instant back!
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

astrobeck

I really liked the 100 speed Black and white instant film Fuji made.
Oh well....  I guess I didn't like it enough.

byron

• 35mm
I'm very thankful that packfilm will be around for a while yet. Thanks for posting this to clear things up.

samantha

• 35mm

Lucky I never invested in the Fuji 4x5 instant back!

Yeah, I only just bought one in 2010, for quite a hefty price, and now I can't sell it for love nor money. Gutted.

Steven.

• Peel Apart
*phew* thanks for posting leon

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
Leon, thanks for posting this and thanks to Brandon for getting in touch; very cool of him. However, I'm still not entirely reassured about the situation as my concern is over Fujifilm's plans re FP films over the next few years, not what the current situation is.

I know that "FP100C and FP3000B are both sold in medium and large format currently" because I can still buy them from a whole number of retailers and none of them is saying it's been discontinued, but I'd rest easier if we could get confirmation that Fujifilm's production roadmap includes FP well into the next few years.

calbisu

• Self-Coat

I know that "FP100C and FP3000B are both sold in medium and large format currently" because I can still buy them from a whole number of retailers and none of them is saying it's been discontinued, but I'd rest easier if we could get confirmation that Fujifilm's production roadmap includes FP well into the next few years.

Hi Ed! Would you mind to share which retailers in Europe you can buy fp3000b at decent prices? What I am finding is not decent at all  :P  mmhh, forgot to mention that I cannot access ebay from Sudan, and that my Paypal is also restricted so.. do not know how may options are available

Many thanks! Carlos.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:07:49 PM by calbisu »

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
This isn't good news at all. I have 4 boxes of 45 left. Maybe I'll win the lottery and buy every box i can find ! I fear for the standard pack films even though for now they seem ok. 

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
I'm with you, Carlos. I search for retailers, but, never find any - evilbay seems the only option and the prices just encourage me to get rid of all my instant cameras. Perhaps that might be a good idea before they have no value at all.

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
In the US, B&H still has 4x5 (3000b45 & 100c45) in stock as did Freestyle last time I checked (100c45 only). There's a few other places I've seen it.

On ebay there is a seller offering dead stock (a couple months expired usually of all fuji peel apart films at good prices (I paid 6.99 USD per box for 3000b (not the 4x5 - the type 100 size).  Right now he or they have a lot on ebay. The seller is mpcfoto...   100c is 8 USD a box, 3000b45 is 29 USD per box as price examples.

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
That's the problem, the US prices are good, but, the UK prices generally are high.

Anyone interested in a 600SE  :'(

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • picturenoise
I still in hope that Impossible Project will bring 4x5 peel apart at some point.

I didn't know until yesterday they've released the 8x10! :o
http://www.the-impossible-project.com/projects/8x10/

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
I still in hope that Impossible Project will bring 4x5 peel apart at some point.

That would be very nice  ;D

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
Yeah UK prices are nearly twice that of the US!

I looked for that 3000b from mpcfoto but looks like all the cheap stock has gone...

I hope they kepe making it for a long time but plan to stock up anyway just incase...

calbisu

• Self-Coat

That would be very nice  ;D

Let me see, fujifilm price for 4x5 film is around x 3 times the price of a normal peel apart fuji 100 type film, so if you apply this for the IP film, which is around 20 euros per pack you will have a 4x5 film pack of around 60 euros, which is something like 6 euros per shot..  :'( (unless they decide to put 8 shots in one 4x5 pack.. which then we go to 7.5 euros per shot or almost 10 dollars)  :-X

Believe the impossible, yes it can happen and even worst..

Carlos