Author Topic: ECO PRO B&W Film Developer, anyone?  (Read 3588 times)

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
ECO PRO B&W Film Developer, anyone?
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »
I've been thinking about switching out my main developer and I've been looking at this ECO PRO B&W Film Developer before. main reason then to see how down-the-drain-able it was (still very much interesting! but I guess I need to check with the local peeps for that one)

but I'm also wondering how someone who has tried it thinks it works with different films, grain, pushing and all that :)
/jonas

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
Re: ECO PRO B&W Film Developer, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »
I use it. In my experience it has similar results that are close to the characteristics of D-76 including push/pull developing.  Freestyle claims it's similar to Xtol... I beg to differ. Much more like D-76.

I use HP5 & Tmax pretty much exclusively for roll film.  Here's a HP5 shot pushed 1 stop, stock @ 11 minutes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:35:37 PM by gregor »

Lund

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »
Jonas if you decide to order some get me some aswell. Maybe would be a good time to mail the water cleaning plant a list of the chemicals used in it and see what they say. Drainable chemistry would be a luxury.

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
For now, I simply store my used chemicals in 4 liter jugs and store them until the domestic toxic waste pickup day arrives to bring them for disposal. I store all chemicals separately (no mixing) so the most that gets in the water supply is the little bit of fix left during the final rinse.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:24:17 AM »
thanks for the response, all. we've got a lot of chemicals bottled up in the darkroom so having drainable stuff would be sweet as we have to carry them a bit to get them where they can be taken care of.

gregor: good info! I'll take note and that's a nice shot btw. looks smooth~

Jonas if you decide to order some get me some aswell. Maybe would be a good time to mail the water cleaning plant a list of the chemicals used in it and see what they say. Drainable chemistry would be a luxury.
duely noted. I'll probably finish off my rodinal before buying this though. I think it'll last me 'till june or so.
but I'll be mailing the watercleaning plant. will be interesting to hear their response :)
/jonas