Author Topic: It's the weekend (well, almost)  (Read 12961 times)

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
It's the weekend (well, almost)
« on: November 03, 2011, 08:45:49 PM »
Continuing to work on my backlog, here's a shot from February. Athina was just 7 months old back then.

Nikon F90X & 50mm f/1.8 on Agfa Precisa CT.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:19:57 AM by Urban Hafner »

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
Re: It's the weekend (well, almost)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »

That's a sweet start  ;D

Here's a few from last weekend, first roll of Legacy Pro through a Zorki 4k with Jupiter-9.  First stab at stand dev too, RO9 65 mins @ 20c as per Windy's instructions.  The diptychs are in Herne bay with Indiana and a nephew, the other is over looking Cheltenham, i'm working there a lot at the mo.

Lawrie

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
"The Scream"  -  Homage to Edvard Munch.

Rock pool captured with Hasselblad SWC on Fuji Acros.

Have a great weekend!

Lawrie.

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »
Oh urbanhafner, what a magical capture!!

Nick Moys

• Peel Apart
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 11:02:38 PM »
A couple from a recent walk along the North Norfolk Coast.  Bessa R2M/15mm Heliar/APX100/Aculux.
Happy weekend.
Nick

astrobeck

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 11:55:11 PM »
from last weekend
flipped lens Brownie
Fuji Acros 100
shaken, not stirred in Arista chems

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 07:03:42 AM »
from some late evening shooting earlier this week. first time in a while that I used a R09 eqv. developer instead of coffee. I...... think I'm going to get some again. scan was such a breeze compared to caffenol ;D

have a great weekend everyone!
/jonas

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 08:31:23 AM »
Hasselblad SWC/M and Fuji 160C New Mexico earlier in the year.

Urban, what a delight and Miles, digging yours very much.

Sandeha Lynch

• Self-Coat
    • Visual Records
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 09:00:10 AM »
Few things more irritating than having a roll on the go and the light just disappears.  Pan F (lovely film), Rolleiflex Old Standard 621 (beautiful camera), lighthouse (crap light).

Benjamin J

• 35mm
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
from last weekend
flipped lens Brownie
Fuji Acros 100
shaken, not stirred in Arista chems

the more i see these flipped lens shots, the more i want to buy a brownie.  amazing framing!

Steven.

• Peel Apart
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 06:40:11 PM »
nice everyone! happy weekend.

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 08:06:57 PM »
Urbanhafner - she seems to be floating, lovely
Miles - great, your dog is like a young skinny version of mine
Astrobeck - fantastic, so much movement

Here is mine. Contax G2, fuji 160
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com

al

• Peel Apart
    • matchboxpinhole.com
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
Few things more irritating than having a roll on the go and the light just disappears. 
Yep, story of my life!!   But I guess the pain is worth it for the times when the light does stick around long enough - like SprayNPray's jogger!

Britt Aximon

• From my point of view
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »
Lovely photos as usual. Thank you all for showing.

Showing one of my IR pics from my first two roll ever. And I loved it, will try again next summer.

astrobeck

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »
very nice one Britt!

Benjamin, get a Brownie, flip the lens...your life will be forever changed!

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 01:11:05 AM »
From my twin-time in NYC
- a view off of the High Line, an elevated greenspace
- pic of my sis in front of her computer one night before dinner

Both Type 667, warm toned

Lino

• flickr
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 01:30:13 AM »
Hey Axia, I like your picture. I wonder if its a dog on the right.

Also, the scream after Munch.

moominsean

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Living in camera shadows.
    • moominstuff
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 02:32:51 AM »
Just got home from California a couple hours ago, only scanned a few things. Got to try out my PA45 back with the Crown Graphic...good stuff!
"A world without Polaroid is a terrible place."
                                                                  - John Waters

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 04:06:44 AM »
Got back from Eritrea this week.  Lots of weekends to catch up on.  This is cross-posted from the Essays Page -- hope that's okay.  The morning back room game at Bar Zeira in Asmara.

Miller

• Sheet Film
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 08:24:05 AM »
Gonna be a wet Guy Fawkes methinks...
https://www.ishottheimage.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miller23/

I decided to enlarge the Polaroids, because, as the wolf said to Red Riding Hood, “all the better to see you with, my dear.” Mrs Helmut Newton

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 09:05:14 AM »
good stuff this weekend so far.  

Yes, and it's time to celebrate failed revolutions once more. Remember Remember the 5th of November, Gunpowder, Treason and Plot ....

Get out your effigies and burn them up good and proper. And politicians beware - watch what we do to the only man ever to enter Parliament with honest intentions.  It certainly seems to have had a marked effect - look at how dishonest our lot have been in recent years ;)

Don't forget - light the blue touch paper and stand well back!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:19:49 AM by leon taylor »
L.

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
such beautiful work this week...as always!!
Thought I would post here that if anyone wants to meet up in London the 14th or 15th you can email me at my ipod..
dianepetersonpod@gmail.com   I am off to the airport in about 45 minutes for my long flight in your directions!

Andrea.

• Self-Coat
    • Flickr
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »
William sat on my favourite village seat yesterday. Shot him with the Perkeo and Foma 100.

Walter 45

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »
Today I found a couple of sheets of Polacolor in a 4x5 pack holder that must have been 15 years old.  Opened up a stop and developed for 6 minutes.

Sinar A-1, Sinaron-SE 210mm 1:5.6.

Cheers,

al

• Peel Apart
    • matchboxpinhole.com
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
Get out your effigies and burn them up good and proper. And politicians beware - watch what we do to the only man ever to enter Parliament with honest intentions.

Oh no, he's off again!  The thing is, I always thought that he knowledge of darkroom chemistry and in particular "pyro techniques" was a little suspicious.  And lets face it, you never see the two of them in the same room at once....

Britt Aximon

• From my point of view
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
Hey Axia, I like your picture. I wonder if its a dog on the right.

Also, the scream after Munch.

Thank you Lino. No its a canon I think  :D

Nigel

• Self-Coat
    • nigel rumsey photography
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 11:36:25 AM »
A couple more from my holiday in the summer. Both Holga shots....

Thornes Fruit & Veg by nigelrumsey, on Flickr

Fugue II by Barbara Hepworth by nigelrumsey, on Flickr
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

website

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »

Oh no, he's off again!  The thing is, I always thought that he knowledge of darkroom chemistry and in particular "pyro techniques" was a little suspicious.  And lets face it, you never see the two of them in the same room at once....

superb!  That has put a smile on my face :) Leon Fawkes! or is that Guido Taylor?

Mind you, I'm an atheist ... not sure if that would work?
L.

Britt Aximon

• From my point of view
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »
Hookstraped, I look at your photos over, and over again. A wonderfull series, great colours and a lot of warmth in it. Just love them.

astrobeck

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »
Original Ann- totally love that street photo.
It has a vintage look and feel to it- even though the cars are modern...but not for long I reckon.
 :)

16mman

• Sean Anderson Media
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 05:03:58 PM »
astrobeck: love me some flipped nautical Brownie!

original_ann: nice portrait there.

hookstrapped: lovely pool series.

I took my Black Slim Devil for an adventure a few weeks back.

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »
Thanks astrobeck - I agree - and one day it will have a magical feel for the 'dated' look of the cars. :)

Hookstrapped, those color images are so rich and lovely!!!

Terry

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »
I have to chime in too--Hookstrapped, the color series is off the charts.  Magnificent.
And I keep going back to Walter's pola portrait too.

Here are a couple from Brooklyn; HP5 in my Exakta 1000 with the Tessar on it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:01:21 AM by Terry »

carolmikkelson

• 35mm
    • Analog Girl
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 12:27:14 AM »
Wow,  I am always impressed by the quality of work posted here.  It is very inspiring and really helps me to get out and shoot. 
This image is from a series on bike racing I have been working on.  I shot it using my Holga loaded with T-Max 400.  I printed it myself in a traditional wet darkroom.

Urban Hafner

• Self-Coat
    • Urban Hafner
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 06:36:14 AM »

Nice Terry! How's the Exakta? I've been thinking about the Varex IIa recently (also because of the 20mm Flektogon)

Urban

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 07:05:03 AM »
Brian, a lovely series - glad to have you back!

Nigel, I particularly like your first image.

Late Developer

• Self-Coat
    • My Website
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 07:17:40 AM »
Went to Paris (my first ever trip there) on Thursday afternoon ;D -  for an all-day work seminar on Friday  :'(

Took the M6 with me but it absolutely pi**ed down all Thursday afternoon and evening and, as I was staying in Puteaux (a district near our office at La Defence) there was little option to dump the suit carrier I worse like an albatross around my neck. Consequently, my style was cramped, I was saturated and not in the best of humours.

After exiting Gare du Nord, I'd decided to walk down to Les Tuileries (adjacent to the Louvre) and then seek out Pont Neuf (Paris' oldest bridge that crosses onto the island upon which the cathedral of Notre Dame is built). Given the camera bag and clothes carrier I had strapped to me, I felt well acquainted with Quasimodo's affliction.

The camera was loaded with Portra 800 which, given the failing light, lack of tripod and general gloominess of the street-lighting, wasn't enough. So, I rated it at 3200. I had it processed yesterday and the colours are bloody awful - so I've converted to mono and given the shots a sepia tone. Only a few were worth the effort of post processing, so here they are.

I will go back to Paris one day but I won't be taking any photos unless I've dumped the bags first.....

"An ounce of perception. A pound of obscure".

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 08:16:33 AM »
Nice work under trying circumstances, Paul.

Thom Stone

• Peel Apart
    • With The Cold
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 09:19:41 AM »
awesome stuff as usual, couple of lovely chubby cheeked children shots :-) (check that bad boy 'ch' alliteration) particularly love your 4x5 portrait walter 45! thats seriously cool

just a couple from me from a couple of weeks ago, only just got round to developing.

Coffee at the station by Thomo_Stoneo, on Flickr

a coffee shop in Sheffield train station, (Yashica GTN on extremely expired kodak colour 400 of some description)

Heart and Soul by Thomo_Stoneo, on Flickr

Also on my Yashica GTN on the same film. really wish I had the wide angle and tele conversion lenses for it.

Laura Marling matinee show at Sheffield Cathedral. She is such an incredible performer and song writer and my favorite thing in British music at the moment. she held the rooms attention 100% the entire time, not a peep from the crowd that wasn't a clap, whoop, whistle or laugh at her off beat stage banter. I got a photo pass for Birmingham the next week, some of those shots may be up as a took some on my mamiya.. didn't come out great... would have preferred to been shooting on Portra pushed but never mind. Also the Lab scanned them at 6x4.5 when you can clearly see when looking at the negatives they are 6x7! arses. never mind I may take the roll back in and ask them to scan it again, they probably won't charge me.

al

• Peel Apart
    • matchboxpinhole.com
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
About 5 years ago I had an idea for a project that would require making large, colour pinhole images on paper. After ruling out ilfochrome on finacial grounds, I bought an RA4 kit and a bulk roll of kodak royal paper to experiment with, and the project joined the back of the queue.  Reading about the demise of ilfochrome reminded me that I really out to do something with the (now expired) RA4 kit so I've been playing around with the goal of producing direct positive pinhole images.  My darkroom setup for this is a bit heath robinson to say the least and decent pinhole images aren't quite there yet. But I'm getting good results from paper stuffed in the back of my kiev 6c, developed first in rodinal (I haven't got any paper developer) to do the reversal, then the RA4 kit, all done on the downstairs WC floor using odd bits of food packaging as processing trays and a yellow LED and 9v battery as a safelight.  :)  I have an orange sunset grad filter (haven't got a solid orange filter!) taped on the lens to mimic the C41 orange mask... seems to work ok!

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 10:37:38 AM »
About 5 years ago I had an idea for a project that would require making large, colour pinhole images on paper. After ruling out ilfochrome on finacial grounds, I bought an RA4 kit and a bulk roll of kodak royal paper to experiment with, and the project joined the back of the queue.  Reading about the demise of ilfochrome reminded me that I really out to do something with the (now expired) RA4 kit so I've been playing around with the goal of producing direct positive pinhole images.  My darkroom setup for this is a bit heath robinson to say the least and decent pinhole images aren't quite there yet. But I'm getting good results from paper stuffed in the back of my kiev 6c, developed first in rodinal (I haven't got any paper developer) to do the reversal, then the RA4 kit, all done on the downstairs WC floor using odd bits of food packaging as processing trays and a yellow LED and 9v battery as a safelight.  :)  I have an orange sunset grad filter (haven't got a solid orange filter!) taped on the lens to mimic the C41 orange mask... seems to work ok!

Cool!

charles binns

• Self-Coat
    • Here and There
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
Lovely shots.  Just got back from a week in Lanzagrotty (which was anything but, though more of that to follow).

This is an old shot but seems to sum up the current economic climate.  Shot in Paris with a Holga loaded with Ektachrome EPP 100.

Terry

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »

Nice Terry! How's the Exakta? I've been thinking about the Varex IIa recently (also because of the 20mm Flektogon)

Urban

Thanks Urban!  Funny you should mention the VXIIa; my VX 1000 (the one I used for this roll) just jammed mid-roll but my VXIIa is still working fine.  I think maybe the earlier ones were better.

LT

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »

excellent - more please :)
L.

Chalky

• Sheet Film
    • Instant surf
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »
such high quality as ever :-)

this weeK I really love what axia and hookstrapped have posted, really amaxing!

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
Al, I'm both impressed and confused!  ... and definitely curious for more.  Wow!

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »
Lovely work by all - again

I especially love Axia's IR and Miller's image lovely and gritty!

I havnt been wasting anf film for a while but I did get out this weekend
with some instant stuff!

gregor

• Self-Coat
    • gregor jamroski photo
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2011, 09:48:51 PM »
Two thumbs up Anne ! How did you tone the 667?  I've tea-toned 664, but those were cold, using a green tea.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:57:24 PM by gregor »

Dave Dunne

• I post here to see what posting here looks like
    • Connect
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »
Miles, the shots on the beach are great. I have some boxes of Legacy Pro around here. I must load a roll.

Yes, and it's time to celebrate failed revolutions once more.

Too early to tell what will happen here, but here are a few more shots from the Occupy SF camp taken last weekend in San Francisco.

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »

Beck, Hook, Phil, Ann, Miller, Dave Grins all round.

Mr. Late - Ah Paris, lovely.