Author Topic: Ebay madness!  (Read 1048 times)

sapata

• Self-Coat
  • "I want to be plastic" Andy Warhol
    • Personal Site
Ebay madness!
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:48:29 PM »
I don't know much about the quality but I don't think it has ever been used and still in it's original box... (and I don't know how long it will take me to use it but one day I will! ;))

I got all that for £9.99  (no postage as I collected from the seller).

Has anyone here tried one of those before?
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
Re: Ebay madness!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:09:23 PM »
that is fantastic. I remember getting my meopta 6 for £5 from a bloke in Dundee. It's take me over 4 years to get around to setting up a home darkroom but it's now ready to roll and I hope to have some examples up soon.

get the black out material and go for it!
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com

Karl

• Sheet Film
    • Photographic Works
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:11:19 PM »
oh , the main advice on enlargers is to concentrate you spend on the lens as that's the most significant item. Google Durst, Nikon, Rodenstock etc. I'm very pleased with my Neonon 50mm.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Louis Hector Berlioz

http://www.adayindecember.wordpress.com

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »

That is cool.  I got all mine from a chap that was throwing it out, just had to drive to Brum to get it.  Can't wait to kick off.  Sometimes the Bay really delivers  ;D ;D ;D

sapata

• Self-Coat
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 11:05:46 PM »
oh , the main advice on enlargers is to concentrate you spend on the lens as that's the most significant item. Google Durst, Nikon, Rodenstock etc. I'm very pleased with my Neonon 50mm.

That's what I thought as well...the included lens doesn't have any brand, only a tiny inscription on the edge saying "made in Japan".

I was also thinking if I could put some lens that would allow me to print from medium format negs...
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 11:13:46 PM »
LPL makes good enlargers. I almost bought a similar model a few years ago but I already had my Durst for 35mm. The LPL I have is dedicated to 6x6 and works wonders. Every single detail is pretty much thought out even for such a low cost model. I finally managed to clean the condensers which are held together with some sort of clamp. I find it gives surprisingly sharp images and has superlative light output even with the low power PH211 lamp. It's so bright that I had to put a dimmer on it just to get decent exposure times on 8x10!

I'm glad you got it for such a low price. You'll find it's well worth every penny.

As for the lens, I use the one that came with it with no problem. On my Durst I have a Roddenstock which is just wonderful. It even has a small lit window that shows the aperture... very sweet.

As for doing bigger than 35mm, you'll have to check the instructions. Usually, you have a different set of condensers for 6x6. If you use it without the other set, you'll get white vignetting on your images.
Usually, when shopping in that price range, if you have the place that is, it's worth getting a separate one for the other format.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

sapata

• Self-Coat
    • Personal Site
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 11:41:02 PM »
Thanks Francois...

I thought it was just a case of getting a different negative holder...

I can't complain after all, I guess just the thermometer worth more than what I paid... not to mention all the papers that wasn't even included on the listing, they're already opened but still quite a few inside.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:24:05 PM by sapata »
Mauricio Sapata
@mauriciosapata
mauriciosapata.com

Alan

• Self-Coat
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 01:09:11 PM »
 :o

fantastic !

could be an idea for a sticky thread - how to set up a darkroom
and what hardware is needed - i havnt a clue meself but in the future