Author Topic: Holga Shots  (Read 2062 times)

darryl cox

• 35mm
    • Holga B&W Fotography
Holga Shots
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »
Ed, here is my introduction.I am a self-taught photographer, I have not had any traditional schooling or training.I was first introduced to photography by my father, Will Cox in the mid 1960's. "Photography is how I guess best express myself, how I see the world. It allows me look at things in an odd kind of way. I see things different now than I ever have. I was introduced to the work of Nancy Rexroth, and you know Nancy used a  Diana and the images were really interesting and meant something to me. I was also introduced to the photography of Sally Mann, which some of her images are so great so I then wanted to incorporate the works of Nancy Rexroth and Sally Mann into my photography. I shoot a Holga and Yashica 124Mat. I really like the medium format.
Tell me what you think...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 07:31:11 PM by dcoxkaty »

Diane Peterson

• Self-Coat
    • Diane Peterson Photography
Re: Holga Shots
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:09:58 AM »
Love that first image!

Mojave

• Self-Coat
    • Erin McGuire Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:57:46 AM »
Me too! Very nice!
mojave

Ed Wenn

• Global Moderator
  • Self-Coat
  • Slowly getting back into it. Sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 11:09:43 AM »
Welcome to Filmwasters. Thanks for posting a couple of snaps. Any chance of an introduction?
 :)

darryl cox

• 35mm
    • Holga B&W Fotography
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 07:31:47 PM »

Ed, here is my introduction.I am a self-taught photographer, I have not had any traditional schooling or training.I was first introduced to photography by my father, Will Cox in the mid 1960's. "Photography is how I guess best express myself, how I see the world. It allows me look at things in an odd kind of way. I see things different now than I ever have. I was introduced to the work of Nancy Rexroth, and you know Nancy used a  Diana and the images were really interesting and meant something to me. I was also introduced to the photography of Sally Mann, which some of her images are so great so I then wanted to incorporate the works of Nancy Rexroth and Sally Mann into my photography. I shoot a Holga and Yashica 124Mat. I really like the medium format.
Tell me what you think...

edited by Leon to remove quote tags
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 07:34:25 PM by leon taylor »

Phil Bebbington

• Self-Coat
    • Phil Bebbington
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 10:22:46 PM »
Very nice and welcome!

darryl cox

• 35mm
    • Holga B&W Fotography
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »
Thank you so much for looking...
darryl cox

Heather

• Sheet Film
    • Stargazy Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 08:06:18 AM »
Not really my cup of tea, as I like a bit of focus popping out in my own holga shots, but welcome to the forum :) Hope you find this forum fun and interesting  ;)
Heather
ooh shiny things!
http://www.stargazy.org/

CarlRadford

• Sheet Film
    • Carls Gallery
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »
Welcome.  The hardest thing in photography is to find a vision that is yours.  Then perhaps to find something to say.  You'll emmulate lots of people whose work you like before finding a path to move on - a difficult thing not getting stuck in the emulate part.  That said there is lots just to enjoy and experiment with the whole process.  

Remember too that a camera or process does not make a great image - the photographer does.

vicky slater

• Self-Coat
    • vicky slater
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 01:09:12 PM »
hi darryl,
welcome to fw :)

some fine names you mentioned there....i like your couch picture that you have on your site...nice atmosphere there.

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »
welcome! I'm quite fond of the style of the second photo. it's has a sinister but light feeling to it aswell. it looks like shot through rain covered glass almost~
/jonas

Miles

• Sheet Film
  • And lo, it came to pass ...
    • Just Flickr
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 12:06:14 AM »
Yup, I love the second.