Author Topic: Bill Cunningham  (Read 1182 times)

Francois

• Self-Coat
Bill Cunningham
« on: May 07, 2011, 03:34:24 PM »
Street photographer Bill Cunningham is over 80 years old and still goes around Manhattan with his bicycle trying to capture those elusive moments. Being know for shooting both the street and fashion, he has worked for the Chicago tribune and has helped make many designers a household name in America.

Every week, he publishes a slideshow of the week's pictures in the New York Times

If you download it, avoid the Bill Cunningham New York (2011) TS XviD-WiDE torrent as it is infected with a trojan...
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

Mojave

• Self-Coat
    • Erin McGuire Photography
Re: Bill Cunningham
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »
I just recently found out about this photographer from a friend of mine. His work is fantastic!
mojave

Francois

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 09:45:54 PM »
I know. I'm still looking for the whole documentary and got screwed with two bad torrents!
Still looking for it as I don't think the doc will hit the theaters around here.
Francois

Film is the vinyl record of photography.

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 04:58:53 AM »
He has run out between cars and shot my twin sister MANY times over the decades.  She never knew who he was.  Then this documentary came out and she was gobsmacked to find out that he wasn't just 'some weirdo'.  She raved about this documentary - I so want to see it.  :)

K. Praslowicz

• 35mm
    • K. Praslowicz, Photographer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 05:50:19 PM »
He has run out between cars and shot my twin sister MANY times over the decades.  She never knew who he was.  Then this documentary came out and she was gobsmacked to find out that he wasn't just 'some weirdo'.  She raved about this documentary - I so want to see it.  :)

I've always been fascinated how the difference between being perceived as a weirdo and being perceived as awesome is just a little name recognition.
K. Praslowicz: Blog | Gallery | Flickr