Author Topic: Hasselblad Double Exposure?  (Read 3278 times)

seekingfocus

• Peel Apart
  • chronic reciprocity failure.
    • Reciprocity Images
Hasselblad Double Exposure?
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:11:18 AM »
Came across a couple (accidental) double exposures in some recent scans- I've never seen this happen before. Is this perhaps happening when I change backs before winding to the next frame? Any way to duplicate this? I never thought about double exposures with the Hasselblad, but these caught my eye.

My favorite part about them both, is that the two photos in each frame were shot on different days and in different countries than each other...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:15:44 AM by seekingfocus »

jojonas~

• Self-Coat
  • back at 63° 49′ 32″ N
    • jojonas @ flickr
Re: Hasselblad Double Exposure?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
I don't know anything about hasselblads so I'll just skip to.. that's some stunning photos! they fit so well together that they look planned. really nice shots~
/jonas

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:10:28 PM »
Double exposures with a hasselblad are fairly simple.  Take an exposure, remove the back, wind, reattach the back, take the next exposure.  (repeat for as many multiple exposures you desire on a frame).  Here's one I did last year on a polaroid. (669 or 699 - can't remember).

original_ann

• Self-Coat
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »
Oh and by the way - I love the one where she's lying down.  Looks like she's lost in thought thinking about a place where she wants to be...

hookstrapped

• Self-Coat
    • Peter Brian Schafer PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »
I really like these.

seekingfocus

• Peel Apart
  • chronic reciprocity failure.
    • Reciprocity Images
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 03:22:59 PM »
Double exposures with a hasselblad are fairly simple.  Take an exposure, remove the back, wind, reattach the back, take the next exposure.  (repeat for as many multiple exposures you desire on a frame).

Thanks, I guess I must have done somewhat the same thing without realizing it while I was changing backs in the middle of the rolls...

-Jason